15:59:43 <djmitche> #startmeeting Weekly Meeting
15:59:43 <bb-supy`> Meeting started Tue Jun 23 15:59:43 2015 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:59:43 <bb-supy`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:59:43 <bb-supy`> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly_meeting'
15:59:45 <djmitche> here :)
16:00:23 <tardyp> hi everybody
16:00:32 * djmitche waves
16:00:57 <djmitche> let's get started..
16:01:02 <djmitche> #topic action-item followup
16:01:41 <djmitche> I just heard back from Tony today about Trademarks.. more details later
16:01:42 <verm__> hey
16:02:03 <djmitche> tardyp: how's 0.9.0b1 bugs going?
16:02:16 <tardyp> its going good!
16:02:17 <djmitche> looks pretty good: http://trac.buildbot.net/milestone/0.9.0b1
16:02:25 <tardyp> I've closed everything.
16:02:40 <tardyp> I created the release note PR, and sa2ajj helped a bit cleaning up the doc
16:02:45 <tardyp> we are ready
16:02:46 <djmitche> great!
16:03:05 <tardyp> https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/pull/1733
16:03:26 <djmitche> #info 0.9.0b1 is in preparation - https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/pull/1733
16:03:33 <djmitche> so ship sometime this week?
16:03:43 <tardyp> please have a last look, and I'll mergeit and push the tag
16:03:49 <djmitche> ok
16:03:51 <tardyp> then sa2ajj will release the binaries
16:04:13 <djmitche> #action dustin review PR1733, then sa2ajj & tardyp will finish the release
16:04:15 <djmitche> great!
16:04:18 <sa2ajj> Stormwind1: i can have a look (implement a local setup etc...)
16:04:41 * sa2ajj . o O (oh, i'm just in time for the meeting...)
16:04:43 <djmitche> heh, I didn't file the bugs I was suppoesd to
16:05:03 <djmitche> #action dustin to create bugs for upgrading gitlab, github integrations (carryover)
16:05:07 <sa2ajj> Stormwind1: force build is a bit different story
16:05:14 <djmitche> verm__: progress on a mac mini?
16:05:40 * sa2ajj checks agenda...
16:06:16 <djmitche> verm__: and MetricsGrimoire bug?
16:06:21 <bb-github> [13buildbot] 15shanzi comment on pull request #1732 141fc29a8: `dataService.getBuilders(@build.builderid, subscribe: false)` ? 02http://git.io/vLpq9
16:06:43 <tardyp> verm__ told he had a // voice call
16:07:18 <bb-trac_> [trac] #3285/enhancement (v:master) created by dustin (Build a Github status plugin for nine) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3285
16:07:56 <djmitche> yeah, just checking
16:07:56 <bb-trac_> [trac] #3285/enhancement (new) updated by sa2ajj (It's probably not "build" but port...) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3285
16:08:03 <djmitche> fair :)
16:08:22 <djmitche> OK, trademark registration - I heard back from Tony at https://pastebin.mozilla.org/8837617
16:08:38 <djmitche> (that's a one-day postbin for reference now, since he didn't give me permission to post that forever)
16:09:18 <bb-trac_> [trac] #3286/enhancement (v:master) created by dustin (Port Gltlab status plugin for nine) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3286
16:09:34 <djmitche> #topic trademark registration
16:09:54 <sa2ajj> djmitche: why not?
16:09:58 <tardyp> FWIW, I am okay for both options
16:10:05 <djmitche> Tony didn't suggest a lot of additional value of the software services registration
16:10:10 <djmitche> sa2ajj: I didn't ask
16:10:16 <sa2ajj> :)
16:10:48 <djmitche> I'm a little worried about the name conflict, but I think it will be better to have that settled by the PTO rather than left unknown
16:10:52 * sa2ajj votes for #1 (as the 2nd option offers unclear value)
16:10:55 <djmitche> ok
16:10:56 <djmitche> me too
16:11:16 <djmitche> other comments there?
16:11:45 <jaredgrubb> i think its a good start … there's no discount and we can add later if we decide no?
16:11:54 <djmitche> yes, as I understand it
16:12:05 <tardyp> ok
16:12:10 * sa2ajj . o O (#startvote _might_ be useful)
16:12:19 <djmitche> #action dustin to form vote for trademark option 1, "$225 to register the trademark in one class (re: software)"
16:12:26 <djmitche> sa2ajj: we'll do a botherders vote which happens by email
16:12:32 <sa2ajj> oh
16:12:49 <djmitche> #topic status of nine development
16:13:05 <sa2ajj> tardyp: ?
16:13:05 <djmitche> #info beta's ready to ship this week
16:13:13 <djmitche> what else is new?
16:13:49 <sa2ajj> py3 for meta bb
16:13:54 <sa2ajj> for build slave
16:13:58 <bb-github> [13buildbot] 15shanzi comment on issue #1732: I added a dropdown menu for narrow viewport:... 02http://git.io/vLp3E
16:14:23 <djmitche> ok
16:14:33 <jaredgrubb> yeh jørn is about done with buildslave and about to start on the master code
16:14:54 <djmitche> #info the Python 3 port of the buildslave code is going quickly, and it's time to add Python 3 to the metabuildbot
16:15:03 <djmitche> jaredgrubb: any idea what that builder should do?
16:15:26 <sa2ajj> we briefly "discussed" it yesterday
16:15:30 <sa2ajj> 3.3 3.4 3.5
16:15:40 <jaredgrubb> unit tests for now i guess
16:15:45 <tardyp> Can't we only add this to travis?
16:15:47 <djmitche> so 'trial buildslave.tests'?
16:15:56 <sa2ajj> so we basically need to run unit test cases for buildslave using these python versions
16:16:01 <sa2ajj> yes
16:16:04 <tardyp> for now, I dont see the value added of adding it to metabb
16:16:09 <djmitche> ok, I didn't realize trial was working :)
16:16:15 <sa2ajj> tardyp: can you elaborate?
16:16:42 <tardyp> if travis give a clear result on the status of py3, I think this is sufficient
16:16:56 <tardyp> we are in no rush of adding those py3 slaves in the infra
16:17:00 * sa2ajj would really like to move away from travis
16:17:17 <djmitche> let's get this started on travis, and then I or someone with infra commit access can port it to metabb
16:17:40 <djmitche> i agree, it'd be nice to not use travis anymore, but for the moment it's going to be helpful to avoid PRs that break py3
16:18:09 <jaredgrubb> yeh my biggest worry is that jørn adds a bunch of x->y transformations and we get a pull that sneaks in more X's
16:18:40 <djmitche> yeah
16:18:57 <djmitche> jaredgrubb: btw one fix for that is to add things (even as simple sa a grep) to validate.sh
16:19:01 <djmitche> just to put that idea out there
16:19:28 <jaredgrubb> thats a good idea … i was thinking eventually we may just require "import unicode_literals" in EVERY file just to make sure we dont forget it
16:19:34 <jaredgrubb> validate could do that nicely
16:19:37 <djmitche> yeah, that's an easy grep
16:20:45 <bb-trac_> [trac] #3287/enhancement (v:master) created by dustin (Set up automated testing of buildslave on Python 3) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3287
16:21:00 <djmitche> OK, moving on..
16:21:11 <djmitche> (sorry to rush, but I do want to try to keep this meeting quick and effective)
16:21:21 <djmitche> (please yell if you want me to hold on / back up
16:21:28 <djmitche> #topic GSoC projects
16:21:33 * sa2ajj sees no reasons to hold on
16:21:40 <djmitche> So it seems like the Python 3 port is going great
16:21:48 <djmitche> other updates on GSoC projects?
16:22:03 <djmitche> (everyone associated is free to chime in here)
16:22:07 <sa2ajj> i did not see much activity regarding try scheduler
16:22:47 <djmitche> have you heard from varun?
16:23:05 <sa2ajj> there was one PR however it's not as active as other projects...
16:23:12 <djmitche> OK
16:24:00 * sa2ajj is inclined to put some "hard" conditions...
16:24:20 <djmitche> yes, definitely
16:24:35 <tardyp> on what varun is working?
16:24:53 <sa2ajj> try scheduler for nine (to use force scheduler "infra")
16:25:14 <tardyp> oh, yeah indeed, absolutly no news from him
16:25:29 <tardyp> who is the mentor?
16:25:34 <djmitche> sa2ajj is :)
16:25:53 <sa2ajj> i am :)
16:25:58 <djmitche> so let's see if we can figure out what's up with that project, and what we can do to pick things up
16:26:11 <chasezhang> Toth and I talk a lot over hangout. We do not have much interaction with other participator this year. Should we spread our communication wider? :)
16:26:13 <sa2ajj> low activity during "bonding time" + just one PR :(
16:26:52 <sa2ajj> chasezhang: you are expected to focus on your project
16:27:09 <djmitche> chasezhang: tardyp is your mentor, so as long as he's happy and knows things are happening, :thumbsup:
16:27:23 <djmitche> It's awesome that the two of you are working together!
16:27:47 <tardyp> agree
16:28:22 <djmitche> chasezhang: any other interesting news from either of you?
16:28:57 <djmitche> #action dustin to work with sa2ajj to get the try scheduler project on track
16:28:58 <chasezhang> Andras have just finished the new data service
16:29:09 <djmitche> #info Andras and Chase working closely together
16:29:21 <djmitche> #info Andras has finished work on the new data service
16:29:22 <djmitche> great!
16:29:27 <chasezhang> And we have changing the my new UI into using the new service now
16:29:42 <djmitche> that's awesome -- better to build the new things together :)
16:30:18 <tardyp> I'll will merge the last PR from chase soon
16:30:19 <sa2ajj> i think we have two more projects...
16:30:20 <tothandras> the new data service still needs a few changes, but nothing drastic
16:30:29 <tardyp> its the forth I think?
16:30:43 <sa2ajj> stats
16:30:47 <djmitche> yes
16:30:48 <sa2ajj> tardyp: right
16:30:52 <sa2ajj> py3
16:30:58 <sa2ajj> material design
16:30:59 <chasezhang> We plan to test the new Service on my Material Design and make it stable as soon as possible
16:31:02 <sa2ajj> try scheduler
16:31:29 <sa2ajj> djmitche: we probably should put it that way in the agenda
16:31:36 <djmitche> yeah good point
16:31:57 <tardyp> on stats, I've talked a little bit with Gaetan about it
16:32:06 <tardyp> they are making progress.
16:32:19 <tardyp> still a little bit of back and forth understanding data api and mq api
16:32:21 <djmitche> #info discussion on https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/pull/1725 of the stats project
16:32:28 <djmitche> yep
16:32:34 <tardyp> but I think I put them back in track
16:32:38 <djmitche> great
16:32:45 <djmitche> that project has more design work than the rest, so that's to be expected
16:32:49 <tardyp> there have been some side discussion in their weekly hangout
16:33:33 <tardyp> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1ii2IwSkg8DclEklIr6pjSu5LCbmIFmrb4vXcWFq6Eh0/edit?usp=sharing
16:33:39 <tardyp> this is their design doc
16:33:41 <djmitche> oh, cool, thanks for the link
16:33:54 <sa2ajj> cool indeed
16:34:27 <djmitche> great -- so, any other business to bring up?
16:34:34 <tardyp> only the last slides are actually valid
16:34:51 <tardyp> we worked on slide 44 today :)
16:34:58 <tardyp> this shows their evolution
16:35:10 <djmitche> that's a cool idea
16:35:21 * sa2ajj nods
16:36:49 <djmitche> hearing none...
16:37:07 <djmitche> #endmeeting