16:00:47 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:00:47 <bb-supy`> Meeting started Tue Jul 28 16:00:47 2015 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:00:47 <bb-supy`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:00:47 <bb-supy`> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:00:56 <djmitche> I like this meetbot :)
16:01:08 <djmitche> https://etherpad.mozilla.org/buildbot-agenda
16:01:56 <djmitche> #topic action-item followup
16:02:04 <djmitche> so, I did the things I promised last week :)
16:02:18 <djmitche> http://trac.buildbot.net/wiki/StalePullRequestPolicy represents, I think, what we discussed last week
16:02:28 <djmitche> I checked out cafepress for Buildbot
16:03:24 <djmitche> but (a) it kinda looks terrible due to the logo being the wrong size and (b) despite setting up a "store" named Buildbot, I can't find it in the search results
16:03:27 <djmitche> http://www.cafepress.com/+buildbot+gifts
16:03:38 <djmitche> sa2ajj: you were thinking about swag, too -- any ideas?
16:04:53 <djmitche> I wonder if this is another one of those "quiet" weeks :)
16:05:07 * djmitche opens the floor -- who wants to make some wild decisions in the absence of opposition?
16:05:42 <djmitche> I nominate everyone in this meeting for free beer
16:05:46 <djmitche> second?
16:06:18 * tothandras is here, but can't comment on these :)
16:06:49 <jaredgrubb> ill second :)
16:07:47 <djmitche> #action djmitche to provide jared and dustin with one beer each, free of charge
16:08:03 <djmitche> ever used cafepress?
16:09:19 <djmitche> uh.. searching for buildbot t-shirts finds something - http://www.cafepress.com/+buildbot+t-shirts
16:09:31 <djmitche> apparently cafepress knows this project well! (it's a flask)
16:09:50 <jaredgrubb> ha nice
16:09:52 <djmitche> there we go - http://www.cafepress.com/dd/100371708
16:10:21 <djmitche> skelly: you around? anything about mailing lists?
16:10:25 <djmitche> verm__: and have you heard back from SF?
16:10:43 <tardyp> I'm here too sorry for being late
16:10:43 <djmitche> #info cafepress results don't look very good.. other options needed
16:10:47 <djmitche> s'ok
16:11:04 <djmitche> #link http://www.cafepress.com/dd/100371708
16:11:17 <djmitche> #topic GSoC Projects
16:11:25 <djmitche> tardyp: how are things with chase and andras?
16:12:01 <tardyp> chase released a new page with builder and builds working
16:12:06 <tardyp> it looks pretty good imo
16:12:15 <djmitche> cool -- demo link?
16:12:18 <tardyp> Andras had a bunch of review
16:12:35 <tardyp> the demo link is not very useful because its instance has no buildslave
16:12:54 <tardyp> I need to help him to provision its instance with a prebuilt db
16:12:59 <djmitche> ok
16:13:00 <tardyp> he is using some kind of heroku
16:14:15 <tardyp> and for andras
16:14:27 <tardyp> he has made some progress on the buildbot service
16:14:49 <tardyp> he is building a very complex system for managing browser side cache
16:14:52 <djmitche> that's the Angular service, right?
16:14:57 <tardyp> I guess he is nearly done
16:14:59 <tardyp> yes
16:14:59 <djmitche> great
16:15:05 <djmitche> necessarily complex, or has this gotten *too* complex?
16:15:14 <tardyp> we tried today to make some simplification to resolve the last issues.
16:15:32 <tardyp> we could afford to avoid the complexity
16:15:43 <tardyp> but if it works, this will be very useful
16:15:49 <djmitche> great
16:15:59 <djmitche> jaredgrubb: how's things with Lurimax?
16:16:05 <djmitche> or Lurimax how's things with jaredgrubb  :)
16:16:45 <djmitche> #info Andras making progress on buildbot service - nearly done
16:17:04 <djmitche> #info Chase has finished a new builder/builds page, looking good (but no demo link, sorry)
16:17:12 <djmitche> ah, I see, he's just here for the beer ;)
16:17:48 <djmitche> and any update from prasoon?
16:18:01 <jaredgrubb> wasnt sure if jørn was here? … well, things are progressing. he's worked with twisted and i think he's had more difficulty than he expected
16:18:07 <djmitche> ok
16:18:22 <djmitche> it sounds like the twisted issues are technical, rather than failing to get a concrete response from anyone on the twisted project
16:18:36 <jaredgrubb> yes, absolutely … twisted folk have been good to work with
16:18:39 <djmitche> so I didn't talk to anyone
16:18:40 <djmitche> great
16:18:58 <djmitche> #info Python-3 port getting bogged down in Twisted work
16:19:30 <djmitche> jaredgrubb: given the stage, do you think it's time to cut Twisted out of the project goals and concentrate on "finalizing" what we have? (making sure we don't backslide on new-style classes, string types, etc.)
16:19:47 <jaredgrubb> i think we're close to that point
16:20:21 <jaredgrubb> which means we wont have a full py3k-capable buildbot … but we'll have gotten over many of the biggest hurdles
16:20:43 <djmitche> yeah, that's great
16:21:09 <djmitche> I'll take a locked-in 50% (or 90% or whatever) over almost-100% with the risk of further patches breaking thigns again
16:21:30 <djmitche> ok, well, unless there are other topics to bring up, I think that's it
16:22:26 <bobhood> As I said last week, based on his estimates, we have a drop-dead date of about August 10th for twisted.
16:22:48 <bobhood> I think making the decision now would be a bit premature.
16:23:03 <bobhood> But, we can prepare for the worst case.
16:23:32 <djmitche> ok
16:23:37 <djmitche> that sounds so dire
16:23:50 <djmitche> I think it's just a smart decision given new information :)
16:24:11 <djmitche> ok then..
16:24:13 <djmitche> #endmeeting