#buildbot: weekly

Meeting started by djmitche at 16:00:58 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

    1. https://etherpad.mozilla.org/buildbot-agenda (djmitche, 16:01:21)

  1. meeting coverage (djmitche, 16:02:00)
    1. http://trac.buildbot.net/wiki/StalePullRequestPolicy (djmitche, 16:06:00)

  2. stalled PR policy (djmitche, 16:06:05)
    1. http://www.cafepress.com/dd/100371708 (djmitche, 16:07:08)

  3. making more swag (djmitche, 16:07:36)
    1. suggestion of giving a swag item of choice for anyone contributing 1 big feature or 3-5 bugfixes (djmitche, 16:09:48)
    2. ACTION: djmitche to try to come up with better-looking cafepress swag, perhaps with some text (over the next few weeks) (djmitche, 16:10:37)
    3. ACTION: djmitche to check with SFC about cafepress "sales" (djmitche, 16:12:01)

  4. mailing list migration (djmitche, 16:12:48)
    1. if SF can't produce the tarball in a timely fashion, we may need to consider alternatives (djmitche, 16:16:22)
    2. maybe just exhort people to subscribe to teh new lists (djmitche, 16:17:38)
    3. maybe subscribe buildbot-devel to users@buildbot.net, maybe in digest mode, as a reminder (djmitche, 16:18:01)

  5. 0.9.0b2!! (djmitche, 16:18:14)
    1. ACTION: djmitche to summarize mailing list options to the list itself (djmitche, 16:18:51)
    2. beta 3 targetted for mid-september, after more feedback comes in (djmitche, 16:24:32)

  6. GSoC updates (djmitche, 16:25:07)
    1. stats - prasoon's PR was just merged; a few more TODO items (djmitche, 16:28:26)
    2. chase is working on porting steps and logs to material design, with force scheduler forms up next (djmitche, 16:31:10)
    3. andras has a buildbot-data client-side service up and running, looking promising (djmitche, 16:31:24)
    4. ACTION: dustin to add a 0.9.0b2 version to trac, update default version to 0.8.12 (djmitche, 16:31:44)
    5. 0.9.0beta3 may include the new buildbot-data service (djmitche, 16:32:58)
    6. Twisted trial is now ported to python-3; spread remains un-ported (djmitche, 16:33:49)
    7. Lurimax is looking at porting spread and at some last bits of bytestring/unicode issues in porting Buildbot (aside from spread) (djmitche, 16:34:10)

  7. Trac Slowness (djmitche, 16:43:52)
    1. http://trac.buildbot.net/changeset/7a8e8c2f13be6cac84481fe6d13d95de9e559ecc/ is the last commit (djmitche, 16:52:59)
    2. http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3243 (djmitche, 16:54:19)
    3. bugs filed for trac, will investigate (djmitche, 16:55:22)


Meeting ended at 16:55:25 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. djmitche to try to come up with better-looking cafepress swag, perhaps with some text (over the next few weeks)
  2. djmitche to check with SFC about cafepress "sales"
  3. djmitche to summarize mailing list options to the list itself
  4. dustin to add a 0.9.0b2 version to trac, update default version to 0.8.12


Action items, by person

  1. djmitche
    1. djmitche to try to come up with better-looking cafepress swag, perhaps with some text (over the next few weeks)
    2. djmitche to check with SFC about cafepress "sales"
    3. djmitche to summarize mailing list options to the list itself


People present (lines said)

  1. djmitche (159)
  2. sa2ajj (79)
  3. tardyp (63)
  4. Lurimax (11)
  5. bb-trac (5)
  6. bb-supy (3)
  7. bb-meta (3)
  8. bobhood (2)
  9. skelly (1)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.