16:02:01 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:02:01 <bb-supy`> Meeting started Tue Sep  1 16:02:01 2015 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:02:01 <bb-supy`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:02:01 <bb-supy`> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:02:28 <djmitche> https://etherpad.mozilla.org/buildbot-agenda
16:02:53 <djmitche> #topic SWAG
16:03:05 <djmitche> I haven't been able to figure out much playing around with Cafepress
16:03:10 <djmitche> haven't heard back from SFC
16:03:18 <djmitche> and haven't gotten any feedback on other options
16:03:40 <djmitche> I'm sort of at a dead end
16:04:08 <djmitche> but I have more stickers left for now
16:04:13 <djmitche> and can easily re-order at stickermule
16:04:17 <djmitche> so we're not TOTALLY swag-free
16:04:27 <tardyp> I like the stickers
16:04:40 <tardyp> they are good swag
16:04:54 <djmitche> yep
16:05:08 <djmitche> if I reprint them I might get them die-cut around the outline of the nut
16:05:14 <djmitche> depends what the price is
16:06:02 <djmitche> #info not much progress - anyone with ideas or suggestions is welcome!
16:06:07 <djmitche> #topic mailing list migration
16:06:12 <djmitche> I fear the answer may be the same here
16:06:21 <djmitche> I haven't heard anything from verm__
16:06:36 <tardyp> vacation period..
16:06:39 <djmitche> yeah
16:06:45 <skelly> does anyone have a long history of the list?
16:07:03 <djmitche> not sure what you mean
16:07:05 <skelly> could go for the plan of importing known subscribers
16:07:13 <djmitche> oh, good point
16:07:38 <djmitche> although I suspect many previously-active posters have since ubsubscribed
16:07:46 <skelly> likely
16:08:04 <djmitche> I think that's a worse faux pas than failing to subcribe someone
16:08:06 <skelly> although, I recall SF has an admin area for the mailing lists
16:08:23 <stibb> Hello
16:08:33 <djmitche> hi stibb :)
16:08:42 <djmitche> tardyp: yeah, I think it just shows 10 subscribers at a time or something
16:08:45 <djmitche> but could possibly be scraped
16:09:20 <djmitche> OK, I don't think I ever did summarize the options to the list
16:09:37 <djmitche> I should note that there was at least one complaint of a mailing-list post not going through (from _VV_ I think?)
16:09:50 <skelly> on the SF one?
16:09:59 <djmitche> #action djmitche to do what he said to try to find a way forward
16:09:59 <djmitche> yes
16:10:09 <skelly> they did have all sorts of issues for a while
16:10:12 <djmitche> yeah
16:10:55 <djmitche> I'd like to get this solved, even if it's not a good solution
16:11:04 <djmitche> before I retire :)
16:11:15 <djmitche> #topic Trac slowness
16:11:25 <djmitche> I think last week we couldn't point to any specific issues here -- should we remove from the list?
16:11:53 <tardyp> yes, we can
16:13:11 <djmitche> 1ok
16:13:29 <djmitche> #topic Work on nine
16:13:43 <djmitche> seems like we're starting to awaken from August -- I got a bunch of things merged this week
16:13:50 <djmitche> but no huge features or bugfixes
16:13:57 <djmitche> is there other good stuff that's gone on?
16:14:23 <tardyp> well nine is well advanced
16:14:42 <tardyp> there is still the status removal stuff
16:14:48 <tardyp> which is a big work
16:14:54 <djmitche> yeah, I noticed a lot of that while I was hacking
16:15:01 <djmitche> huh, I don't seem to be getting Trac email
16:15:04 <tardyp> with few rewards
16:15:20 <jaredgrubb> ive got a small patch for nine coming up .. just been slow to finish it
16:15:35 <djmitche> tardyp: yaeh, I think of that as largely 0.9.1 work
16:16:38 <djmitche> looks like the latest few bugs are some minor nine issues
16:16:42 <djmitche> is there anything blocking a full release?
16:17:24 <bb-trac_> [trac] #3329/defect (closed) updated by dustin (empty comment) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3329
16:17:29 <tardyp> thats a good question
16:17:45 <djmitche> http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3324 is minor but probably should be fixed
16:18:06 <djmitche> let's spend this week triaging bugs into the 0.9.0 milestone and see where we are next week?
16:18:15 <tardyp> yes
16:18:34 <djmitche> #info No major blockers known, so it's time to start triaging bugs and looking at a 0.9.0 release
16:18:41 <djmitche> ok#
16:18:45 <djmitche> #topic GSoC
16:18:53 <djmitche> #info GSoC is finsihed!  And went really well!
16:19:02 <djmitche> We had an amazing crop of students this year
16:19:08 <tardyp> we still have a few PR remaining
16:19:08 <djmitche> any particular comments from mentors?
16:19:19 <djmitche> yeah, prasoon's at least
16:19:47 <tardyp> andras has some remaining stuff in the pipe
16:19:53 <tardyp> notably the final integration
16:20:12 <tardyp> he told me yesterday the only missing stuff was logviewer
16:20:19 <djmitche> wow
16:20:23 <djmitche> that's an amazing summer :)
16:20:30 <stibb> Yes GSOC finished
16:20:50 <tardyp> he spent a little bit of time reworking everything because chrome is a bit slow with the intertab communication
16:20:55 <djmitche> #info PRs/work remaining for stats, integrating new backend
16:21:06 <tardyp> I tried to refrain him to do that at the end of summer :)
16:21:21 <stibb> Stats yes some doc and another sample backend
16:21:23 <djmitche> as long as he doesn't leave things half-done, I think that's OK
16:21:25 <tardyp> and rather file a bug in chrome
16:21:29 <djmitche> hah, yeah
16:22:00 <djmitche> bobhood: how did things wrap up with Lurimax?
16:22:22 <bobhood> I have nothing additional to add this week.  He still needs to submit his code by the 25th of this month.
16:22:36 <stibb> We had an idea about embedding a graph directly on the default buildbot install (a-la Jenkins build usage graph), but that will be for the next GSOC.
16:23:21 <djmitche> stibb: that would be great for visibility
16:23:25 <djmitche> but yeah, let's get it solid first
16:23:45 <djmitche> OK, well, thanks once again to all of you for mentoring!
16:23:46 <bobhood> But that should be the end of the task/program for us (pending the continued work and dependency issue in twisted).
16:24:03 <djmitche> bobhood: yeah.. and we really should get that metabuildbot builder set up :(
16:24:12 <djmitche> OK, any other things to bring up?
16:25:08 <tardyp> about metabuildbot
16:25:28 <tardyp> I thought about it, and would really like it to be a travis style configuration
16:25:37 <djmitche> how so?
16:25:43 <tardyp> with buildbot_travis
16:25:43 <djmitche> #topic metabuildbot
16:26:39 <tardyp> I'd like to work a little bit more on buildbot_travis in order to be able to configure which slave group should run which matrix part
16:26:54 <djmitche> OK
16:27:01 <tardyp> just for you to know
16:27:03 <djmitche> do you need help configuring it on the hosts themselves, then?
16:27:05 <stibb> Dmitche we have 2 options for this graph: generating a bunch on Json files on the server (not my preferred solution), or 2 use the database / data Api to generate these data on the fly to recreate the Json. Maybe I'll explain it in a ticket but this is not in GSOC
16:27:17 <tardyp> my point is that I found it quite difficult to work on the metabuildbot config
16:27:27 <djmitche> stibb: a ticket would probably be good, then, for reference next year
16:27:37 <tardyp> that's for me a blocker for people to try working on it
16:27:46 <djmitche> tardyp: yeah, putting it in Ansible has helped, but not made it simple
16:28:12 <tardyp> while the travisrc is very easy to test -> just send a PR
16:28:22 <tardyp> and the bot will run it
16:28:32 <djmitche> yep
16:28:38 <djmitche> although we need to be somewhat careful about what we're running
16:28:45 <djmitche> a lot of these slaves are in various people's networks
16:29:08 <tardyp> yes, that is a problem
16:29:29 <tardyp> we should add a mechanim for putting people in white list
16:29:34 <djmitche> yep
16:29:42 <djmitche> and allowing a build to be triggered by a comment from a whitelisted person
16:29:44 <tardyp> or require a first +1 from a people in the white list
16:29:47 <djmitche> right
16:30:08 <djmitche> more code to write :)
16:30:14 <tardyp> :)
16:30:38 <djmitche> ok, well, we're at the half-hour mark
16:30:59 <djmitche> #endmeeting