16:00:21 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:00:21 <bb-supy`> Meeting started Tue Sep  8 16:00:21 2015 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:00:21 <bb-supy`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:00:21 <bb-supy`> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:00:26 * djmitche waves
16:00:40 <djmitche> https://etherpad.mozilla.org/buildbot-agenda
16:01:09 <djmitche> we'll talk about mailing lists in a sec..
16:01:28 <djmitche> I haven't heard back from conservancy about "selling" swag
16:01:38 <djmitche> but devswag seems pretty interesting
16:01:49 <djmitche> basically they take care of the "selling" if you send them the merchandise to sell (stickers or t-shirts)
16:02:06 <djmitche> sa2ajj: you around? :)
16:02:47 <tardyp> You think we can sell those buildbot tshirts?
16:03:03 <tardyp> I thought this was only got goodies for contributors
16:03:05 <djmitche> probably not
16:03:12 <tardyp> ok
16:03:13 <djmitche> yeah, stickers are more at the right level
16:03:46 <djmitche> anyway, I'm inclined to let this lapse until we hear from Conservancy and/or find someone who wants to run with it
16:04:18 <djmitche> #topic SWAG
16:04:23 <djmitche> #info no response from conservancy
16:04:35 <djmitche> #info T-shirts are probably too big an item; stickers is about right
16:04:58 <tardyp> agree
16:04:58 <djmitche> #info Dustin will let this rest until hearing from Conservancy or someone stepping up who wants to run with it
16:05:01 <djmitche> cool
16:05:07 <djmitche> #topic Mailing Lists
16:05:21 <djmitche> there seems to be a consensus that we should just set up new lists and let users/devs sign up as they wish
16:05:30 <tardyp> yep
16:05:35 <djmitche> so unless there are objections, I figure I'll just do that
16:06:21 <djmitche> I'll contact GMANE to ask them to switch
16:06:50 <djmitche> #action djmitche to make option 1 happen -- set up new lists, invite subscriptions, then close down the old
16:07:00 <djmitche> we can patch up archives, etc. later if necessary/possible
16:07:22 * djmitche hates being the only one talking in these meetings :(
16:07:25 <djmitche> *almost
16:07:27 <djmitche> thanks pierre :)
16:07:41 <tardyp> np
16:07:47 <djmitche> #topic Trac slowness
16:07:58 <tardyp> I did n't notice any lately
16:08:00 <djmitche> there's a comment in the agenda about why we stick with trac -- not sure who was asking
16:08:07 <djmitche> yeah, me neither in my work this weekend
16:08:14 <tardyp> you did a bunch of trac update on sunday
16:08:20 <tardyp> and things looks good
16:08:22 <tardyp> we can close
16:08:24 <djmitche> ok
16:08:32 <djmitche> #info no slowness lately
16:08:32 <tardyp> we already said last week we shall close :)
16:08:44 <djmitche> yeah, I wanted to see if there was something to discuss here
16:08:49 <djmitche> re switching
16:08:50 <djmitche> I guess not :(
16:09:05 <djmitche> #topic Nine Update
16:09:19 <tardyp> thanks for the bug grooming
16:09:21 <djmitche> #info All 0.9.0 bugs are now triaged at least once - many moved or closed
16:09:22 <djmitche> sure
16:09:53 <djmitche> #info there are 37 remaining 0.9.0 bugs, although many of those could be moved to 0.9.+ with some documentation to the effect of "this doesn't work yet"
16:10:03 <tardyp> I have taken the time to look at all of them to make another round of comments
16:10:15 <djmitche> great!
16:10:17 <tardyp> just comment of some of them
16:10:37 <tardyp> that property from start of build thing is easy
16:10:56 <djmitche> I'm a little worried about the migration path for users who are upgrading -- it's been such a long time to write this code, I think we've forgotten to document a lot of potential pitfalls
16:11:08 <djmitche> for example, it's not documented that you lose your build history!
16:11:27 <tardyp> yes.
16:11:35 <tardyp> we should make something
16:11:43 <tardyp> the thing is the topic is very wide
16:11:52 <tardyp> as people are doing a lot of hacks with eight
16:11:59 <tardyp> so hard to anticipate everything
16:12:17 <djmitche> exactly
16:12:21 <tardyp> maybe we should manage that wiki style
16:12:27 <djmitche> oh, that's a good idea
16:12:39 <tardyp> to encourage people to contribute their efforts and learnings
16:12:43 <djmitche> indeed
16:13:07 <tardyp> # decision?
16:13:19 <djmitche> I'll see if I can write some basic docs and set up a wiki page
16:13:40 <tardyp> ok
16:13:52 <djmitche> #agreed will create a basic migration guide, linking to a wiki page so users can contribute
16:14:02 <djmitche> #action djmitche to file bug for migratio guide
16:14:18 <djmitche> that's all I've got
16:14:18 <tardyp> great!
16:14:30 <tardyp> thanks for all this!
16:14:38 <djmitche> :)
16:14:49 <djmitche> I'll be on a plane next weekend, so hopefully can knock out a few of these bugs
16:15:02 <djmitche> assuming my pypi mirror is updated
16:15:14 <tardyp> make sure you install cctrial in your env before take of.
16:15:17 <tardyp> its great!
16:16:00 <tardyp> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/cctrial
16:16:10 <djmitche> oh yeah, I meant to try that out
16:16:36 * djmitche makes a note
16:17:02 <djmitche> any of the 99 lurkers have anything to bring up? :)
16:17:13 <djmitche> #endmeeting