16:01:55 <sa2ajj> #startmeeting Buildbot marketing committee
16:01:55 <bb-supy`> Meeting started Tue Sep 29 16:01:55 2015 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is sa2ajj. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:01:55 <bb-supy`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:01:55 <bb-supy`> The meeting name has been set to 'buildbot_marketing_committee'
16:02:38 <sa2ajj> agenda is at https://etherpad.mozilla.org/buildbot-agenda
16:03:01 * sa2ajj follows instructions
16:03:25 <sa2ajj> #topic action-item follow up
16:04:02 <sa2ajj> terminology change would be a really great change (for so many different reasons)
16:04:44 <sa2ajj> however it looks like the PR implementing it (https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/pull/1842) did not get extra love recently
16:05:03 <djmitche> does anyone know an alternative contact for the author?
16:05:12 <djmitche> I wouldn't mind a video chat or something
16:05:26 <sa2ajj> not really :(
16:05:28 <tardyp> I did not
16:06:38 * sa2ajj just left a comment for the PR
16:06:46 <bb-github> [13buildbot] 15sa2ajj commented on issue #1842: @iskradelta it's a great change for Buildbot (as it caused quite a few discussions).... 02http://git.io/vc31b
16:07:17 <sa2ajj> it'd be great to have it for 0.9.0, though if it takes longer, i am not going to be that disappointed :)
16:07:26 <sa2ajj> s/longer/a bit longer/ :D
16:07:54 <sa2ajj> any more comments on this topic?
16:08:00 * sa2ajj . o O (10... 9...)
16:08:17 <tardyp> no
16:08:27 <sa2ajj> #topic mailing list migration
16:08:59 <sa2ajj> on a totally unrelated note, these 10... 9... are the result of telcoing (is this a word?) with finns :)
16:09:27 <sa2ajj> djmitche: what's the rush with 1st of october?
16:10:32 * sa2ajj is not in favour of closing old mailing lists unless there's a good reason
16:11:07 * sa2ajj is certain these were discussed: my 2 cents -- not so active open source projects (we are one of them! :)) have a bit more inertia
16:11:23 <bougyman> trying to run upgrade on the master here: http://sprunge.us/IHAU
16:11:25 <sa2ajj> "christmas gift" sounds better to me
16:11:28 <bougyman> (repeat question)
16:11:32 <tardyp> I think we should close new messages
16:11:39 <bougyman> is this a sqlite version mismatch? how do I get past it?
16:11:53 <sa2ajj> bougyman: i asked you a question and now we are in the meeting, could you please wait like 10 mins?
16:11:54 <tardyp> bougyman: could you please delay your question until the end of the meeting?
16:12:17 <bougyman> sa2ajj: sorry, I got disconnected. Yes, sorry for the interruption.
16:12:36 <sa2ajj> do not be sorry for the interruption, please just hang on until the meeting is over :)
16:12:49 <tardyp> if we do not accept new messages to ml, and send a bounce with explaination on how they can connect to the new ml, I think it would be best
16:13:11 <tardyp> not sure if this is possible with sf
16:13:19 <sa2ajj> somewhat related question: what is our goal with 0.9?
16:13:28 <sa2ajj> deadline wise :)
16:13:37 <tardyp> when its done..
16:13:47 <sa2ajj> right...
16:13:54 <tardyp> ml dont need to write code
16:14:00 <tardyp> so we can put one deadline
16:14:09 <sa2ajj> i'd be willing to hurry with the switch with other things changing drastically
16:14:17 <tardyp> for nine, we need to get time to write the code, and fix the bugs, so we cannot put a deadline
16:14:27 <sa2ajj> yes, i agree
16:14:54 <sa2ajj> my point is: i'd see a bit more urgency if we were about to release nine tomorrow
16:15:13 <tardyp> well, I think we said october 1st
16:15:21 <tardyp> there is no reasoon to delay imho
16:15:28 <tardyp> we do what we said
16:15:35 <sa2ajj> #info mailman (at least, vanilla one) would support the scenario tardyp suggests
16:15:40 <tardyp> we never said nine will be release at *that date*
16:15:46 <sa2ajj> ok.
16:15:56 <tardyp> djmitche: thoughts?
16:16:06 <sa2ajj> tardyp: +1, sa2ajj: abstained; anyone else?
16:16:45 <sa2ajj> we need djmitche and/or __verm to know about this to make it happen
16:16:52 <tardyp> yep
16:16:55 <sa2ajj> (sorry, verm__)
16:17:11 <sa2ajj> djmitche: verm__: comments?
16:17:39 * sa2ajj . o O (10... 9...)
16:18:03 <sa2ajj> right.
16:18:22 <sa2ajj> #action sa2ajj: agree w/ djmitche/verm__ on how to "properly" close sf MLs
16:18:49 <sa2ajj> #topic 0.9.0 is one big leap for a brighter future
16:19:19 <sa2ajj> we have 33 issues (http://trac.buildbot.net/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&milestone=0.9.0&group=status&order=priority)
16:19:20 <tardyp> not so much done this week
16:19:47 <tardyp> lot of work on my side.. not for opensource stuff though..
16:20:06 <sa2ajj> #info sa2ajj suggests that "i won all these" would be fixed for these tickets: only _one_ ticket can be taken
16:20:18 <sa2ajj> tardyp: it's understandable
16:20:23 <djmitche> sorry, reading back
16:20:44 * sa2ajj thinks having several tickets in hands does not really help to progress
16:20:51 <sa2ajj> hence my suggestion
16:20:54 <djmitche> teh rationale for closing the old list is to avoid split-brain
16:21:02 <djmitche> but we can keep it longer than 10/1
16:21:34 <sa2ajj> #action sa2ajj make sure for nine critical tickets every developer has only one ticket assigned (nine critical tickets -- http://trac.buildbot.net/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&milestone=0.9.0&group=status&order=priority)
16:21:34 <djmitche> whatever y'all decided :)
16:22:15 <sa2ajj> split-brain is a problem indeed. we just need to make sure that current subscribers get specific instructions
16:22:25 <bb-trac> [trac] #2639/enhancement (closed) updated by tardyp (fixed) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/2639
16:22:43 <sa2ajj> that's a good way to ensure only one ticket is hanging :D
16:23:20 <sa2ajj> any comments on the current topic? (nine is to be given to world!!!!)
16:23:33 * sa2ajj . o O (10... 9...)
16:23:46 <djmitche> +1 ship it :)
16:23:55 <sa2ajj> #topic meeting shift by 30 mins
16:24:13 <sa2ajj> this was somehow caused by me, i really would like to stick to the current time
16:24:33 <sa2ajj> i need a good reason to leave office in time and this _is_ a good reason
16:24:54 <tardyp> I'm doing it from the office :)
16:25:09 <tardyp> either work for me
16:25:15 <sa2ajj> anybody votes for shift meeting by 30 mins?
16:25:23 * sa2ajj . o O (10... 9... :)))
16:25:48 <sa2ajj> none :)
16:25:58 <sa2ajj> #topic AOB: a robot to look after PRs
16:26:08 <sa2ajj> marking them for review
16:26:13 <sa2ajj> marking them stalled
16:26:34 <djmitche> I'm into that idea
16:26:44 <djmitche> long as I don't have to write it
16:26:44 <sa2ajj> facilitate some communication (e.g. assigning a person who voluneers and genly reminding about that)
16:26:51 <djmitche> I have outstanding bugs to try to improve the weekly email
16:26:55 <djmitche> yeah
16:27:17 <sa2ajj> djmitche: if you put an URL now, it'd be part of the log ;)
16:27:21 * tardyp has no strong opinion
16:27:40 <sa2ajj> since we seem to have only three people online
16:27:49 <djmitche> I guess they're just todo items
16:27:50 <sa2ajj> #action sa2ajj to see what can be easily done
16:27:52 <jaredgrubb> im lurking … 30 min later would be good for me
16:27:58 <sa2ajj> oh
16:28:00 <bobhood> So am I.  :)
16:28:01 <djmitche> +1 on moving back 30m
16:28:12 <sa2ajj> back? or forward? :)
16:28:23 * sa2ajj is always confused with english in the area of time :D
16:28:29 <jaredgrubb> +1 on later … -1 on earlier :)
16:29:01 <sa2ajj> ok, djmitche: +1 on later, -1 on earlier
16:29:09 <djmitche> later is what i meant by "back"
16:29:17 <sa2ajj> tardyp: it's ok how it is, no opinion about moving them
16:29:18 <djmitche> to right about .. now
16:29:37 <sa2ajj> sa2jj: 0 on later, -1 on earlier
16:29:50 <tardyp> indeed, it is often that people appear late
16:29:52 <sa2ajj> bobhood: +1 on later, ?? on earlier
16:30:03 <tardyp> so anything that help on better attendence is +1 from me
16:30:07 <bobhood> I can work with either, really.  So, neutral.
16:30:19 <sa2ajj> the problem with appearing late is not solved by re-scheduling an event for a later time ;P
16:30:22 * sa2ajj ducks and run
16:31:19 <tardyp> well, if this is cause of trafic, and things like this that can make sense
16:31:45 <sa2ajj> #action djmitche re-schedule the meeting for 30 minutes later
16:31:59 <sa2ajj> #action sa2ajj after 3 meetings re-evaluate the change
16:32:10 <sa2ajj> any other topics?
16:32:26 * sa2ajj . o O (10... 9... 8...)
16:32:37 <sa2ajj> none
16:32:40 <sa2ajj> #endmeeting