16:30:39 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:30:39 <bb-supy`> Meeting started Tue Oct  6 16:30:39 2015 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:30:39 <bb-supy`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:30:39 <bb-supy`> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:30:50 <djmitche> Good Tuesday everyone
16:30:56 <djmitche> https://etherpad-mozilla.org/buildbot-agenda
16:31:10 <tardyp> hello
16:32:40 <djmitche> yay, one attendee at least
16:32:42 <djmitche> anyone else aruond?
16:32:51 <bobhood> I'm lurking.
16:32:53 <djmitche> I'd kinda like to start doing attendance so I don't talk to a vacuum
16:32:54 <djmitche> ok, cool
16:33:16 <djmitche> so, item #1 is PR 1842, the "worker" rename
16:33:38 <djmitche> no reply from the original author, and looking at that author I wonder if it was a throwaway account
16:33:44 <djmitche> no real action until early Sept
16:34:14 <djmitche> I've talked to a few other people who have indicated they might work on this project but only under a pseudonym, because the Internet is a horrible place
16:34:38 <djmitche> probably the best hope is for someone else to pick up and continue this work
16:34:52 <djmitche> #topic replacing the name "slave"
16:35:00 <djmitche> #info no further comment from patch author
16:35:24 <djmitche> #info need other motivated people to work on this patch
16:35:32 <djmitche> #topic mailing list migration
16:35:49 <djmitche> sa2ajj set up an autoresponder for the old list last week
16:35:54 <djmitche> and I turned on the moderation bit this week
16:36:05 * djmitche goes to check moderation queue and new list size
16:36:41 <djmitche> oh, interesting, buildbot-devel has been deleted
16:37:01 <djmitche> i deleted the other two lists on SF, maybe I fat-fingered something
16:37:09 <djmitche> #info buildbot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net is no more
16:38:06 <bobhood> Well, I guess that's one way to get people to migrate.  :)
16:38:33 <djmitche> yeah :(
16:38:37 <djmitche> 58 people on the users list
16:38:42 <djmitche> 46 on the devel list
16:39:14 <djmitche> to be fair, it is what I promised to do
16:39:20 <djmitche> just a little more brutal than I intended to be
16:39:22 <djmitche> #topic Nine update
16:39:38 <djmitche> #info still at 32 remaining 0.9.0 bugs
16:39:43 <djmitche> not a lot of work this week, per the weekly status email
16:40:16 <djmitche> not much more to say there -- still too soon to give a date
16:41:37 <djmitche> #topic Robot Gardners - a bot to look after PRs
16:42:00 <djmitche> sa2ajj suggsted this last week - basically a crontask that will automatically tag and later close pull reqs that have lingered
16:42:10 <djmitche> I had a different idea yesterday while porting the weekly status email
16:42:39 <djmitche> we could have a daily cronjob that scans trac and github for actionable content
16:42:51 <djmitche> - PRs that are ready to merge but have not been touched for 36h
16:42:58 <djmitche> - PRs that need review but have not been touched for 48h
16:43:07 <djmitche> - PRs that are stasle
16:43:16 <djmitche> - PRs that should be closed because they have been stale for a long time
16:43:24 <djmitche> - un-milestone'd bugs
16:43:49 <djmitche> and would send that out just to the devel list on a daily basis
16:44:08 <djmitche> it'd be an easy thing for everyone to know what day-to-day stuff needs to be taken care of
16:44:13 <djmitche> thoughts?
16:44:53 <bobhood> Sounds good.
16:45:37 <jaredgrubb> i think we should try it
16:45:40 <djmitche> #action djmitche get a bug on file to send daily emails to devel@ when there are housekeeping tasks to be performed
16:45:50 <djmitche> yay
16:45:51 <jaredgrubb> im sure it will require tweaking but it sounds reasonable
16:45:57 <djmitche> yeah
16:46:18 <djmitche> i don't want to annoy people, but 48 on devel@ are probably a good slice of people to start presenting with available tasks
16:46:25 <djmitche> #topic hosting an etherpad instance
16:46:36 <djmitche> so etherpad-mozilla.org will be going away RSN
16:46:47 <djmitche> it's just to godawful insecure and flaky
16:46:58 <djmitche> ..but I like etherpads
16:47:20 <djmitche> we could host etherpad-lite - https://github.com/ether/etherpad-lite
16:49:03 <djmitche> ..or we could just use something like titanpad.com
16:49:06 <djmitche> thoughts?
16:50:36 <djmitche> maybe we'll just switch to titanpad then
16:50:39 <djmitche> why create work for myself :)
16:50:44 <jaredgrubb> i have no strong opinion myself :)
16:50:46 <djmitche> #info probably better to just use titanpad.com
16:50:49 <djmitche> ok :)
16:50:59 <djmitche> anything else to bring up?
16:51:43 <bobhood> Sorry, I was checking out titanpad.  Look interesting.
16:52:16 <djmitche> yeah
16:52:26 <djmitche> I think its' pretty much the same as mozilla's.. just not run by mozilla
16:52:37 <bobhood> "We are rescuing EtherPad for your use."  :)
16:53:33 <djmitche> haha
16:53:53 <djmitche> we use etherpads heavily at Moz, so this change is going to make us sad
16:54:03 <djmitche> we're being encouraged to use google docs, blech :(
16:54:50 <bobhood> That's a sledgehammer for this particular use, I think.
16:55:12 <djmitche> yeah
16:55:16 <djmitche> anyway
16:55:18 <djmitche> #endmeeting