16:34:11 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:34:11 <bb-supy> Meeting started Tue Oct 13 16:34:11 2015 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:34:11 <bb-supy> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:34:11 <bb-supy> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:34:21 <djmitche> sorry to be late -- my network went out right at :30
16:34:25 <djmitche> ok!
16:34:31 <djmitche> https://titanpad.com/buildbot-agenda
16:34:31 <infobob> http://paste.pound-python.org/show/jPF18xk93MtZmWziT44G/ (repasted for djmitche)
16:35:11 * sa2ajj waves again
16:35:13 <djmitche> #topic action items from last week
16:35:28 <djmitche> the only item on the list was to file a bug to send emails to devel@ regarding housekeeping tasks
16:35:34 <djmitche> which I didn't do, duh
16:36:30 <bb-trac> [trac] #3368/task (v:0.8.12) created by dustin (Send a daily "housekeeping" email to devel@ if there are things to do) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3368
16:36:36 <djmitche> there, now I did - #3368
16:36:53 <djmitche> #info dustin added bug 3368 to mail devs about outstanding housekeeping chores
16:37:07 <djmitche> sa2ajj: you were working on making sure every person had only one nine bug?
16:37:15 <sa2ajj> i was not :(
16:37:18 <djmitche> ok
16:37:26 <sa2ajj> with 13+ hrs working day, it's a bit difficult :/
16:37:29 <djmitche> yeah
16:37:33 <djmitche> fair enough!
16:37:40 <djmitche> #topic replacing the name "slave"
16:37:47 <sa2ajj> but we need to review that and it's probably worth a mail to devel@
16:38:04 <djmitche> review which?
16:38:21 <sa2ajj> review the situation with tickets per person
16:38:37 <sa2ajj> and ask to pick one while leaving the other unowned
16:38:44 * sa2ajj . o O (or disowned?..)
16:38:45 <djmitche> ok
16:39:21 <djmitche> #action djmitche to review 0.9.0 ticket ownership and encourage everyone to own exactly one via devel@ post
16:39:42 <tardyp> hi sorry for being late
16:39:49 <djmitche> s'ok
16:39:59 <djmitche> so regarding this pull request to fix our bad terminology
16:40:18 <djmitche> I'd like to see that move forward, but if I have hours to spare I'd rather be getting 0.9.0 shipped
16:40:26 <djmitche> any ideas on ways to help that along?
16:41:02 * sa2ajj looks at the pr
16:41:16 <djmitche> https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/pull/1842
16:42:05 <sa2ajj> it needs to be rebased
16:42:15 <sa2ajj> but the checks at the time were ok
16:42:24 <sa2ajj> 528 files is a bit too much though :/
16:42:28 <djmitche> yeah, I suspect that will bitrot very quickly
16:42:45 <tardyp> for me we should abandon the pull for now, as we don't have answers
16:42:56 <djmitche> ok
16:42:57 <tardyp> or we just mark it stalled as per process
16:43:02 <djmitche> we can let it go through the normal stalled-PR process
16:43:02 <djmitche> yeah
16:43:11 * sa2ajj nods
16:43:37 <djmitche> ok!
16:43:47 <djmitche> #topic mailing list migration
16:43:53 <bb-github> [13buildbot] 15sa2ajj commented on issue #1842: @iskradelta do you think you'll have time to address the things above? 02http://git.io/vCgco
16:44:03 <djmitche> this is complete, and I somehow managed to delete the old list :(
16:44:04 <sa2ajj> re autoresponder.
16:44:12 <sa2ajj> ah ok
16:44:19 <djmitche> so, no, the autoresponder is not working
16:44:26 <sa2ajj> damn :(
16:44:37 <djmitche> #info old list is dead, but the new lists seem to be working well
16:44:42 <djmitche> yeah, sorry :(
16:44:52 <sa2ajj> i had some thoughts like a couple days after that ("i think i forgot something")
16:45:13 <sa2ajj> since i did it in the past and it poped up in my head what step i forgot. but it does not seem to be relevant any more
16:45:45 <djmitche> http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3136
16:46:33 <sa2ajj> so it's now done?
16:46:37 <djmitche> yeah
16:46:50 <bb-trac> [trac] #3136/enhancement (assigned) updated by dustin (These are now migrated and in use.    I accidentally deleted the old list :(    I ...) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3136
16:47:03 <djmitche> #action djmitche needs to verify gmane is archiving the new lists
16:47:13 <djmitche> #info new lists seem to be getting good use
16:48:04 <djmitche> we could re-establish the buildbot-devel list and just set up the autoresponders on it (since it wouldn't have a members list)
16:48:08 <djmitche> is that worthwhile?
16:48:12 * djmitche thinks probably
16:48:32 <sa2ajj> for how long do you suggest it's kept?
16:49:15 <djmitche> it could be indefinite
16:49:26 <sa2ajj> hmm... any particular point in that?
16:49:42 <djmitche> only to send old posters to the new list
16:50:15 <djmitche> it can't hurt, I suppose
16:50:30 <sa2ajj> i'd appreciate a deadline for that.
16:50:33 <djmitche> #action djmitche to re-establish buildbot-devel list with no members, set up autoresponders
16:50:40 <djmitche> jan 1?
16:50:45 <sa2ajj> sounds good
16:51:03 <djmitche> #action djmitche to shut down buildbot-devel permanently on jan 1 2016
16:51:09 <djmitche> ok
16:51:14 <djmitche> #topic Nine update
16:51:36 <djmitche> I don't think most of this has changed, has it
16:51:44 <tardyp> yep.
16:51:49 <tardyp> we have find a nice new bug
16:51:53 <tardyp> that I did not reported
16:52:08 <djmitche> different from http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3366 ?
16:52:10 <tardyp> slave buildermaster configuration does not update on reconfig
16:52:18 <djmitche> oh :(
16:52:31 <tardyp> which is a db patch
16:53:11 <djmitche> yeah
16:53:17 <djmitche> do you already have the fix?
16:54:36 <bb-trac> [trac] #3369/undecided (v:0.8.12) created by tardyp (slave list is not updated on reconfig) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3369
16:54:55 <djmitche> ok :)
16:55:15 <sa2ajj> 0.8.12??
16:55:17 <djmitche> so regarding releasing a b3 to avoid the attribute error -- worthwhile?
16:55:26 <sa2ajj> it's probably 0.9
16:55:39 <bb-trac> [trac] #3369/defect (new) updated by dustin (empty comment) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3369
16:56:13 <djmitche> recall that the latest Twisted is using new-style classes for services, which causes problems with the `master` property in 0.9.0b2
16:56:59 <sa2ajj> we had a patch for master property, no?
16:57:10 <djmitche> yes, it was made after the 0.9.0b2 release
16:57:34 <tardyp> I dont recall it
16:57:42 <tardyp> ah the master attribute
16:57:58 <sa2ajj> yes, the 'master' attribute
16:58:17 <djmitche> https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/pull/1807
16:58:21 <tardyp> we can make a b3 yes
16:58:26 <djmitche> ok
16:58:35 <djmitche> I think I can handle that this week
16:58:45 <djmitche> #action djmitche to release 0.9.0b3 from the latest on the master branch
16:59:01 <tardyp> ok
16:59:20 <djmitche> anything else for nine?
16:59:30 <djmitche> . o O { 3 .. 2 .. }
16:59:33 <sa2ajj> we have a couple of prs
16:59:36 <sa2ajj> re ui
16:59:46 <sa2ajj> maybe those are worth merging before 0.9.0b3
16:59:48 <djmitche> do you want to merge those first
16:59:48 <djmitche> ok
16:59:59 <sa2ajj> (i can't really judge if they are worth merging)
17:00:05 <djmitche> I'll have a look first
17:00:06 <tardyp> yes, those are small nit fixes worth to merge
17:00:10 <sa2ajj> i'd appreciate if tardyp could have a look
17:00:16 <tardyp> I did
17:00:17 <djmitche> looks like he has :)
17:00:22 <tardyp> +1 everything
17:00:25 <djmitche> haha
17:00:32 <djmitche> ok, then .. any other business to bring up?
17:00:44 <djmitche> personally I think we should all get a 10% raise
17:01:02 <sa2ajj> :)
17:01:39 <sa2ajj> looks like no aob
17:01:43 <djmitche> kk
17:01:47 <djmitche> #endmeeting