16:30:32 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:30:32 <bb-supy`> Meeting started Tue Oct 27 16:30:32 2015 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:30:32 <bb-supy`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:30:32 <bb-supy`> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:31:07 <djmitche> https://titanpad.com/buildbot-agenda
16:31:08 <infobob> http://paste.pound-python.org/show/o7lAHFthQxmrUsUrxH87/ (repasted for djmitche)
16:31:23 <djmitche> #topic introduction
16:31:40 <tardyp> hi
16:31:42 <djmitche> Meeting agenda is at https://titanpad.com/buildbot-agenda, but feel free to bring up other topics
16:31:42 <infobob> http://paste.pound-python.org/show/o7lAHFthQxmrUsUrxH87/ (repasted for djmitche)
16:31:45 <djmitche> hi tardyp  :)
16:31:46 <tardyp> I nearly missed the timing
16:31:50 <djmitche> anyone else around?
16:31:57 <tardyp> we switched time this week end
16:32:03 <tardyp> now it is wintertime
16:32:09 <djmitche> oh, I forgot to mention that
16:32:15 <tardyp> probably others in EU will have same problem
16:32:45 <djmitche> still at 16:30 UTC :)
16:32:58 <djmitche> so at least it won't move again when the US doesn't switch!
16:33:39 <tardyp> sa2ajj: around?
16:33:51 <tardyp> jaredgrubb: ?
16:33:55 <djmitche> interesting--google calendar doesn't support UTC
16:34:02 <tardyp> delanne: ?
16:34:17 <djmitche> >>crickets<<
16:34:27 <djmitche> >>wind blowing through the channel<<
16:34:48 <bobhood> What was the question?  I came in after it.
16:34:59 <djmitche> no question , just seeing who's around
16:35:03 <bobhood> Oh.
16:35:05 <djmitche> if it's just pierre and me.. :)
16:35:10 <djmitche> three's a crowd, so let's get started
16:35:17 <djmitche> #topic mailing lists
16:35:31 <djmitche> I think these are all set now -- I re-established teh mailing list at SF, with an autoresponder
16:35:40 <djmitche> I heard back from Lars at GMANE, and the lists there are all set up
16:35:52 <tardyp> looks good to me
16:35:53 <djmitche> and I added [users@bb.net] and [devel@bb.net] subject prefixes to the new lists
16:35:56 <djmitche> per jared's requset
16:35:58 <djmitche> cool
16:36:04 <tardyp> we're starting to see a few post on the proper mls
16:36:08 <jaredgrubb> (sorry yes im here)
16:36:08 <djmitche> yep!
16:36:13 * djmitche waves
16:36:17 <tardyp> 4ppl
16:36:37 <djmitche> so I don't think there's much more to change there.  I'll kill the list in January (I have a reminder set)
16:36:40 <djmitche> the old list
16:36:52 <djmitche> #topic irc reporter
16:37:00 <djmitche> jaredgrubb: did you get a chance to look at the irc reporter and see what remains to be done?
16:37:10 <djmitche> I think there was some bug and irc traffic about it
16:37:40 <jaredgrubb> i didnt, let met do that today
16:38:02 <djmitche> ok
16:38:14 <djmitche> #info jared will look today to see what remains
16:38:35 <djmitche> #topic security vulnerability fixed in 0.9.0b5
16:38:54 <djmitche> http://trac.buildbot.net/wiki/SecurityAlert090b4
16:39:10 <djmitche> #info basically, web status leaked github hook tokens
16:39:20 <djmitche> #info bug was only present in 0.9.0 betas
16:39:25 <djmitche> #info fixed in 0.9.0b5
16:39:37 <djmitche> I'm suddenly not sure I sent an announcement about that, since I had to wait for the packages....
16:39:46 <djmitche> apparently not!
16:39:59 <djmitche> #action djmitche to announce 0.9.0b5 and link to security alert
16:40:02 * djmitche slaps hi shand
16:40:04 <djmitche> *his
16:40:07 <tardyp> yeah!
16:40:19 <djmitche> thanks ti Pieter for finding and helping to fix
16:40:40 <djmitche> aside from sending the annoucnement, any other concerns there?
16:40:56 <tardyp> lieter also did a bunch of nice contribution this weeks thanks to hum
16:41:21 <djmitche> #info thanks to lieter for finding that issue and for a bunch of other contributions!
16:41:28 <djmitche> ok
16:41:33 <djmitche> #topic Mozilla OSS Grant
16:41:52 <djmitche> https://wiki.mozilla.org/MOSS
16:41:58 <djmitche> moss is probably not the acronym I would have picked
16:42:11 <tardyp> looks cool
16:42:37 <tardyp> so you think we can subscribe?
16:42:38 <djmitche> Buildbot's on https://wiki.mozilla.org/MOSS/Projects_in_use_by_Mozilla
16:42:49 <djmitche> I think we could
16:43:01 <djmitche> but I have a bit of a conflict, since I'm working on replacing Buildbot with TaskCluster
16:43:28 <djmitche> work on Buildbot would not directly benefit Mozilla (in fact, it hasn't for 6 years, because upgrading's for wimps I guess)
16:43:46 <djmitche> I'm also not sure how we'd spend money
16:44:00 <djmitche> Conservancy emailed me about this this morning
16:44:10 <tardyp> agreed
16:44:12 <djmitche> noting that Buildbot was on the list (I didn't add it, I swear)
16:44:24 <djmitche> so I think we *could* do something, but I don't think it should come from me
16:44:28 <djmitche> well, we could apply
16:45:05 <djmitche> #info Buildbot is listed as software used at Mozilla; we could apply!
16:46:28 <djmitche> #info ..but someone other than Dustin, who has conflicts of interest since he works on Buildbot and TaskCluster at Mozilla
16:46:34 <djmitche> ok
16:47:05 <djmitche> #topic Progress on 0.9.0
16:47:11 <djmitche> http://trac.buildbot.net/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&milestone=0.9.0&group=status&order=priority
16:47:18 <djmitche> #info still 31 bugs open
16:47:28 <djmitche> although only one assigned per person (except pierre)
16:47:48 <tardyp> the ones I'm assigned to are all done
16:47:49 <djmitche> we seem to be stalled.. I don't have any great ideas for getting un-stalled
16:47:54 <djmitche> haha, great :)
16:48:07 <djmitche> so that's 28 bugs remaining
16:48:34 <djmitche> I don't see a PR link for http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/2961
16:48:37 <tardyp> well we are not staled really
16:48:42 <tardyp> we are making slow progress
16:48:53 <tardyp> and finding new bugs means more stability
16:49:03 <tardyp> and more people using it (and finding bugs)
16:49:10 <djmitche> yeah
16:49:20 <bb-github> [13buildbot] 15djmitche commented on issue #1897: @nam4dev thanks for the reviews :heart: 02http://git.io/vWDaU
16:49:24 <djmitche> that's true - the total bug count is not moving quickly, but we're closing bugs!
16:49:50 <tardyp> and on the 28, there are stuff that are nearly done
16:50:11 <djmitche> great :)
16:50:21 <tardyp> or things that needs to be documented as a limitation
16:50:25 <bb-trac> [trac] #3369/defect (closed) updated by dustin (empty comment) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3369
16:50:54 <djmitche> #info bugs are closing a little faster than they are opening
16:51:04 <djmitche> #info and many open bugs have progress
16:51:33 <djmitche> ok, good points all
16:51:47 <djmitche> #info ..and so we continue on!
16:51:51 <djmitche> any other topics?
16:52:36 <tardyp> nope
16:52:46 <djmitche> oh we lost jared :(
16:53:09 <djmitche> bobhood: what do you think about GSoC next year?
16:53:12 <bb-github> [13buildbot] 15djmitche pushed 4 new commits to 06master: 02http://git.io/vWDVP
16:53:12 <bb-github> 13buildbot/06master 14571f7aa 15Pierre Tardy: db.buildslaves: manage slave reconfiguration...
16:53:12 <bb-github> 13buildbot/06master 141d0e359 15Pierre Tardy: unconfigure the slave at slave stopService...
16:53:12 <bb-github> 13buildbot/06master 14a989e26 15Pierre Tardy: pep8...
16:53:35 <bobhood> Little early, dontcha think?  :)
16:53:44 <djmitche> not too early to have thoughts :)
16:53:54 <djmitche> but yes, nothing to do yet
16:54:11 <bobhood> No, no thoughts at this point.
16:54:35 <djmitche> ok :)
16:54:39 <djmitche> arright, well, wrapping up then
16:54:43 <djmitche> #endmeeting