#buildbot: weekly

Meeting started by djmitche at 16:30:33 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Introductions (djmitche, 16:30:46)
    1. https://titanpad.com/buildbot-agenda (djmitche, 16:31:01)
    2. http://paste.pound-python.org/show/5sPY4u89Au8rg7ET5QBi/ (repasted for djmitche) (infobob, 16:31:07)

  2. MOSS Grant (djmitche, 16:31:19)
    1. We have been funded by Mozilla - US$5k to improve EC2 behavior around slave or master failure, $10k for removing use of the term "slave" (djmitche, 16:32:15)
    2. AGREED: bounty payment will occur when the work lands in master (djmitche, 16:42:01)
    3. AGREED: OK for applicant to sub-divide the EC2 project, but the slave project needs to be all-or-nothing (djmitche, 16:42:38)
    4. AGREED: applicants will write an application, and we will select the application that is most likely to succeed (djmitche, 16:42:56)
    5. https://github.com/buildbot/botherders if you need to remember who those are :) (djmitche, 16:45:46)
    6. ACTION: djmitche to write application guidelines (djmitche, 16:46:18)
    7. AGREED: botherders will review applications (djmitche, 16:46:25)
    8. ACTION: djmitche to make bug for the EC2 project (djmitche, 16:50:03)
    9. ACTION: djmitche to explain that the decision is done for the terminology bug (djmitche, 16:50:29)
    10. https://github.com/buildbot/botherders/blob/master/policies/conduct.md (djmitche, 16:50:39)
    11. please bring any issues of conduct to the botherders immediately, whether they are private or public (djmitche, 16:51:09)

  3. failing tests - http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3387 (djmitche, 16:52:06)
  4. CLI tool to talk to the nine API (djmitche, 16:54:46)
    1. CLI tool to list status of builders, including top-like view of all builders (djmitche, 16:57:33)
    2. using asyncio and websockets support in python 3.4+ (djmitche, 16:57:47)
    3. maybe a demo next week? (djmitche, 16:57:51)

  5. Nine Update (djmitche, 16:59:12)
    1. http://trac.buildbot.net/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&milestone=0.9.0&group=status&order=priority (djmitche, 16:59:19)
    2. http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3386 (verm__, 17:03:31)
    3. http://trac.buildbot.net/query?status=!closed&reporter=ian are two tickets I filed. I think also the UI just didn't work properly (ISTR the sidebar went on top of the forms to trigger builds, for example) (Igloo, 17:04:42)
    4. http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/2644 (verm__, 17:09:12)
    5. http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3374 <-this one should be fixed to not trip up users (verm__, 17:11:25)
    6. ACTION: djmitche to send devel@ email asking everyone to triage bugs out of 0.9.0 and focus on the remaining (djmitche, 17:11:59)
    7. ACTION: djmitche to add "security notice" to relnotes with a link to #3374 among others (djmitche, 17:13:39)


Meeting ended at 17:15:02 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. djmitche to write application guidelines
  2. djmitche to make bug for the EC2 project
  3. djmitche to explain that the decision is done for the terminology bug
  4. djmitche to send devel@ email asking everyone to triage bugs out of 0.9.0 and focus on the remaining
  5. djmitche to add "security notice" to relnotes with a link to #3374 among others


Action items, by person

  1. djmitche
    1. djmitche to write application guidelines
    2. djmitche to make bug for the EC2 project
    3. djmitche to explain that the decision is done for the terminology bug
    4. djmitche to send devel@ email asking everyone to triage bugs out of 0.9.0 and focus on the remaining
    5. djmitche to add "security notice" to relnotes with a link to #3374 among others


People present (lines said)

  1. djmitche (116)
  2. verm__ (83)
  3. bdbaddog (26)
  4. jaredgrubb (5)
  5. bb-supy (3)
  6. Igloo (3)
  7. bb-trac_ (2)
  8. infobob (1)
  9. tardyp (1)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.