16:31:08 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:31:08 <bb-supy`> Meeting started Tue Jan 19 16:31:08 2016 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:31:08 <bb-supy`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:31:08 <bb-supy`> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:31:12 <djmitche> #topic Introduction
16:31:23 <djmitche> agenda is at https://titanpad.com/buildbot-agenda
16:31:23 <infobob> http://paste.pound-python.org/show/myd2HqeEQ6qYhMatc9Ug/ (repasted for djmitche)
16:31:52 <djmitche> verm__: you around?
16:32:49 <rutsky> I'm mostly afk for now...
16:33:05 <djmitche> should be OK
16:33:29 <djmitche> #topic New linux worker on buildbot infra
16:33:58 <djmitche> #info knuth.r.igoro.us has typically done the bulk of the testing for linux (along with buildbot-linux4, hosted by Moizilla)
16:34:13 <djmitche> #info but it's shut off now, so we're working on creating the same thing on BB infra
16:34:53 <djmitche> #info I set up a collection of docker images (worker + mysql + postgresql) that implement it, and Amar was working on running that in Docker-on-FreeBSD
16:35:23 <djmitche> #info as of Sunday, he was going to work a little more on that, and if no progress switch to creating an Ubuntu VM with bhyve and running the docker containers inside that.
16:35:43 <djmitche> Amar's in a meeting now and can't make it
16:36:20 <djmitche> I guess there's not much else to share there, except that our metabuildbot capacity is pretty low right now
16:36:40 <djmitche> #topic Bug 2340 - renaming project
16:36:49 <djmitche> #info Work continuing -- turns out this is a lot!
16:37:46 <djmitche> some questions in the etherpad
16:37:49 <djmitche> I'll answer those after
16:37:52 <bdbaddog> how much cpu muscle is needed for a reasonable meta bb slave
16:38:22 <djmitche> I was running 4 jobs in parallel, so it was more about IO bandwidth
16:38:28 <djmitche> disk
16:38:48 <djmitche> we have lots of CPU on our infra.. just a matter of making it spin
16:39:15 <bdbaddog> gotcha. I'll catch u after the meeting, I may have a box sitting idle that my be of use.
16:40:57 <tardyp> hi all
16:42:52 <tardyp> djmitche: the meeting is over?
16:42:55 * djmitche waves
16:42:59 <djmitche> no, sorry, got distracted
16:43:03 <djmitche> work is so distracting
16:43:19 <djmitche> something you wanted to bring up?
16:43:26 <tardyp> beta5
16:43:31 <djmitche> yeah :)
16:43:39 <djmitche> #topic Next Beta (beta5)
16:43:52 <tardyp> I've looked a little bit at how our buildbot travis looked with master code
16:43:59 <tardyp> and found a few issues
16:44:12 <tardyp> the first PR with a silly bug on step duration
16:44:36 <tardyp> and then another PR, which has been asked for long by my users, to make the auth UX less crappy
16:45:15 <tardyp> appart from that the bot works for me very well
16:45:24 <tardyp> so ship it
16:45:36 <djmitche> ok
16:45:40 <tardyp> djmitche: you want to release it, or you prefer I take care of it?
16:45:48 <djmitche> #agreed ready to ship beta5
16:46:02 <djmitche> tardyp: I won't have a chance to do it today (US time), but I can tonight or tomorrow
16:46:04 <djmitche> up to you really
16:46:23 <tardyp> ok
16:46:31 <tardyp> will do it tomorrow
16:46:37 <djmitche> great, thanks!
16:46:51 <djmitche> #action tardyp to release beta5 tomorrow
16:47:16 <djmitche> after that we'll check for rutsky's go-ahead on any PRs, and prefer to let the PRs bitrot in favor of rutsky's work, for about a week
16:47:43 <tardyp> yep.
16:48:05 <djmitche> looks like we have https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/pull/1951 and https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/pull/1950 to merge too, both fairly trivial
16:48:31 <djmitche> I'm happy to merge those before or after the release -- I'll let you call
16:48:39 <tardyp> I was waiting for travis before merging them
16:48:41 <tardyp> looks good
16:48:57 <djmitche> yep
16:49:04 <bb-github> [13buildbot] 15tardyp closed pull request #1951: Use flake8 instead pyflakes pep8 (06master...06use-flake8-instead-pyflakes-pep8) 02https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/pull/1951
16:49:30 <djmitche> I think that's it then -- yay for beta5!
16:49:34 <bb-github> [13buildbot] 15tardyp pushed 2 new commits to 06master: 02https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/compare/fe6705281078...feb998c66079
16:49:34 <bb-github> 13buildbot/06master 14b5c60f2 15Vladimir Rutsky: use colors in validate.sh only if it's stdout is a terminal
16:49:34 <bb-github> 13buildbot/06master 14feb998c 15Pierre Tardy: Merge pull request #1950 from rutsky/validate-sh-in-non-tty...
16:49:40 <djmitche> that's about all the action there is on the devel mail for this week
16:49:48 <djmitche> #endmeeting