16:30:36 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:30:36 <bb-supy`> Meeting started Tue Feb  2 16:30:36 2016 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:30:36 <bb-supy`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:30:36 <bb-supy`> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:30:45 <tardyp> I think you did merge it probably by mistake
16:30:54 <tardyp> new power, new buttons
16:30:57 <djmitche> haha
16:31:02 <rutsky> djmitche: oh...
16:31:25 <djmitche> anyway, yes, we can play with that to get it right -- I'd like to keep testing the versions old users still have installed, but if that doesn't work, so be it
16:31:27 <rutsky> tardyp: actually no, I even checked changes ;)
16:31:34 <djmitche> #topic introduction
16:31:39 <djmitche> https://titanpad.com/buildbot-agenda
16:31:40 <infobob> http://paste.pound-python.org/show/K5M79DpVfLxtkUWVcaES/ (repasted for djmitche)
16:32:01 <djmitche> #topic Old buildbot-devel@lists.sf.net shut down
16:32:31 <djmitche> #info Users were finding this list via google search and subscribing, so per discussion last week I deleted the list
16:32:33 <rutsky> djmitche, tardyp: I merger Python part, but haven't merged metabbot config
16:32:41 <djmitche> ah, ok
16:32:47 <djmitche> let's merge the metabbotcfg part
16:33:00 <rutsky> ok
16:33:06 * djmitche clicks button
16:33:19 <djmitche> any questions about the old ML?
16:33:29 <djmitche> sa2ajj: ^^ since you were involved in the transition to the new ML
16:34:40 <djmitche> #topic Moving to new worker on VM infrastructure
16:35:27 <djmitche> #info Amar sent an update yesterday that getting Debian installed on FreeBSD 11 is causing issues, and maybe downgrading to FreeBSD 10 will help
16:35:39 <djmitche> I haven't heard from bdbaddog
16:36:35 <djmitche> #topic Identifiers and Slugs (#2635)
16:36:39 <djmitche> http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/2635
16:37:00 <djmitche> This bug has been assigned to me for a long time, and I'm just not going to be able to finish it -- finding enough continuous focused time is impossible
16:37:29 <djmitche> I don't know if it should block 0.9.0 -- I feel like it was important to ensure consistent treatment of identifiers
16:37:34 <djmitche> tardyp: opinions?
16:37:43 <rutsky> I don't quite understand about what it?
16:37:46 <djmitche> #info dustin admits he's not going to be able to finish this bug
16:37:52 * djmitche waves to bdbaddog
16:37:59 <bdbaddog> Gmorning!
16:38:22 <rutsky> is it about separating identifiers and displayed names?
16:38:28 <djmitche> rutsky: it's making sure that we treat identifiers and names the same way everywhere -- so you can have a builder name or step name with spaces or unicode or whatever, but still refer to it with a URL-safe, short identifier
16:38:30 <djmitche> yes
16:38:42 <djmitche> currently we are requiring some things to be identifiers (builder names)
16:38:59 <djmitche> and using "slugs" for others (where we take an arbitrary name and pick a similar identifier, changing " " to "_" etc.)
16:39:01 <rutsky> and identifiers can't be safely changed in config, but names can?
16:39:06 <djmitche> and using hashes for others
16:39:07 <djmitche> rutsky: right
16:39:16 <rutsky> hm, good feature :)
16:39:19 <djmitche> yeah :/
16:39:56 <djmitche> bdbaddog: looping back a little, getting the linux builders up on the BB infra is taking a while -- any chance you and I could work to set some up on your infra?
16:40:21 <verm__> FYI i'm here installing debian.. should work this time!
16:40:23 <rutsky> I think it requires backward incompatible changes, so if it will be completed soon it's better to do it before 0.9.0...
16:40:32 <djmitche> verm__: woo!
16:40:41 <djmitche> rutsky: yeah, that's why I had it tagged as 0.9.0
16:40:42 <verm__> except i just told it to make an 8GB disk instead of 8GB of memory. :(
16:40:44 <bdbaddog> djmitche: I'll try to get to it today.
16:40:52 <djmitche> bdbaddog: great, thanks!
16:41:04 <djmitche> verm__: heh, that's a little tight
16:41:19 <djmitche> rutsky: so basically I'm admitting defeat
16:41:52 <rutsky> djmitche: and what is not yet completed with it?
16:42:00 <rutsky> I see that you done some work
16:42:13 <djmitche> I think it was just test fixes, based on my notes
16:42:14 <rutsky> maybe names at least for some parts can be merged?
16:42:19 <djmitche> but I'm sure it's massively bitrotten now
16:42:25 <verm__> yeah heh i'll resize after
16:42:33 <djmitche> perhaps, yes
16:42:58 <rutsky> ok... anyways it should have less priority then 0.9
16:43:05 <djmitche> ok
16:43:16 <rutsky> lets think about when other work on 0.9 will be done
16:43:17 <bb-trac> [trac] #2635/enhancement (assigned) updated by dustin (empty comment) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/2635
16:44:19 <djmitche> bit.ly/1SCjjuZ <-- 0.9.0 milestone
16:45:19 <djmitche> I don't have a good answer for shipping 0.9.0
16:45:38 <rutsky> for shipping estimations?
16:45:57 <rutsky> in that list few of my trivial bugs-questions
16:46:02 <djmitche> for how to get it out the door
16:46:09 <djmitche> yes, I think a lot of them are fairly trivial
16:46:18 <djmitche> they are "document and move to 0.9.+"
16:46:48 <bb-trac> [trac] #3434/undecided (new) updated by rutsky (empty comment) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3434
16:47:04 <bb-trac> [trac] #3433/undecided (new) updated by rutsky (empty comment) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3433
16:47:18 <bb-trac> [trac] #3432/undecided (assigned) updated by rutsky (empty comment) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3432
16:47:24 <bb-trac> [trac] #3431/undecided (new) updated by rutsky (empty comment) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3431
16:47:28 <djmitche> verm__: did you want to talk about your client?
16:47:32 <bb-trac> [trac] #3427/undecided (new) updated by rutsky (empty comment) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3427
16:47:40 <verm__> sure, i haven't gotten anywhere since last week
16:47:45 <verm__> working on vm1
16:47:52 <verm__> should have it up shortly one way or another
16:48:05 <verm__> eg, on fbsd11 or downgrade to 10 and install it on there
16:48:29 <verm__> it's passed the part where it was freezing the last time at least
16:48:50 <djmitche> ok
16:48:52 <djmitche> thanks
16:48:53 <bb-trac> [trac] #2635/enhancement (assigned) updated by rutsky (empty comment) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/2635
16:49:07 <djmitche> #topic the "other" bounty project: #3392
16:49:39 <djmitche> #info looking for help publicizing this bug so we get someone to work on it
16:49:47 <rutsky> is not taken by anyone?
16:49:57 <djmitche> no
16:50:17 <rutsky> strange :)
16:50:57 <djmitche> yeah
16:51:05 <djmitche> anyway, we don't have a contract yet so the 1-year timer isn't ticking
16:51:07 <rutsky> djmitche: maybe we can publish info about it on bug-bounty sites?
16:51:24 <djmitche> I think most of those require you to pay the bounty through them?
16:51:29 <rutsky> I think I saw few sites about bug bounties
16:51:39 <rutsky> not sure
16:51:39 <bdbaddog> Yes. I beleie they take a cut.
16:52:51 <djmitche> I'll look into it
16:52:52 <skelly> djmitche: I recall seeing something on Servo's weekly report about interest in the bug
16:53:10 <djmitche> #action djmitche to look into bounty sites, other advertising for #3392
16:53:14 <djmitche> oh, cool
16:53:27 * rutsky afk
16:53:29 <asedeno> I mentioned yesterday that 0.9.0 GoogleAuth emails were being clobbered by UserInfoProviderBase.getUserInfo(). Now seems like a good time to mention it.
16:53:44 <skelly> they may be able to advertise or be able to take it
16:53:49 <djmitche> what's a GoogleAuth email?
16:53:59 <djmitche> skelly: that's a great idea, i'll follow up
16:54:07 <bdbaddog> I wonder if pythonweekly email might be a place for bounty advertisement
16:54:30 <djmitche> hm
16:54:36 <djmitche> never heard of that, but I'll google it :)
16:54:45 <asedeno> https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/blob/master/master/buildbot/www/oauth2.py#L164
16:55:53 <bdbaddog> couldn't find the home site. but link to latest issue.. http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=e2e180baf855ac797ef407fc7&id=c0a7e6bfa4&e=240a012278#awesomeshare
16:56:12 <asedeno> clobbered by https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/blob/master/master/buildbot/www/auth.py#L80 in https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/blob/master/master/buildbot/www/oauth2.py#L52 because of https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/blob/master/master/buildbot/www/auth.py#L50
16:56:14 <bdbaddog> afk
16:56:26 <verm__> on the EC2 bountry.. is that code specific to EC2 or is there some abstraction there?  could microsoft azure or google compute be supported?
16:56:26 <djmitche> cool, putting that on the jobs section would be nice
16:56:30 <verm__> err bounty
16:56:50 <djmitche> verm__: it's EC2 that people are using, but it is abstracted and I'd prefer that the bounty hunter work at as high a level as possible
16:57:00 <djmitche> asedeno: I'll get a bug on file
16:57:12 <verm__> ok so it's specific to EC2?
16:57:19 <djmitche> the bounty is, yes
16:57:23 <verm__> ok
16:58:08 <bb-trac> [trac] #3439/defect (v:0.8.12) created by dustin (Conflict between GoogleAuth (OAuth) and user info) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3439
16:58:26 <djmitche> asedeno: ^^ ..please feel free to add more detail
16:58:42 <asedeno> Thanks, @djmitche. I haven't confirmed it, but I fully expect it affects github auth too.
16:58:43 <djmitche> #topic Bug 2340
16:58:48 <djmitche> asedeno: makes sense
16:59:19 <djmitche> #info (from meeting agenda)  Almost finish: I want to do some refactoring in fallback support, then it may be reviewed (plus I have minor issues and question on which I'm awaiting response).
16:59:50 <rutsky> I'm here
17:00:18 <bb-trac> [trac] #3427/undecided (new) updated by dustin (Yes, please do) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3427
17:00:21 <rutsky> yes, I need to do some refactoring (as final stage before you guys will review it)
17:00:23 * djmitche looks at listed bugs
17:00:37 <rutsky> I also exposed new thing that can be reviewed: DB migration
17:00:46 <djmitche> rutsky: are there remaining questions on https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/pull/1961 ?
17:01:09 <rutsky> djmitche: from me - no
17:01:16 <djmitche> #action all comment on https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/commit/ec6a45e01d214c096309ccee953224f745e94315 and https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/commit/ec6a45e01d214c096309ccee953224f745e94315#diff-380fb112c7670a7587456c8726aa686eL68
17:01:17 <djmitche> ok
17:01:19 <rutsky> is any other developer should review it?
17:01:31 <rutsky> thanks for the review, Dustin, btw!
17:01:42 <bb-trac> [trac] #3431/undecided (new) updated by dustin (Yes, I must have missed the docs change when I made this update.) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3431
17:01:47 <rutsky> I think there is no significant issue were found
17:02:01 <djmitche> right, and as such I think it's had enough review
17:02:43 <bb-trac> [trac] #3432/undecided (assigned) updated by dustin (Good work :)) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3432
17:02:46 <bb-trac> [trac] #3431/undecided (assigned) updated by rutsky (empty comment) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3431
17:02:50 <djmitche> haha, these bugs are easy to respond to :)
17:03:11 <bb-trac> [trac] #3431/undecided (assigned) updated by rutsky (Ok, I'll fix this (right after merge of bug2340).) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3431
17:04:36 <bb-trac> [trac] #3433/undecided (new) updated by dustin (The actual default is ...) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3433
17:04:38 <rutsky> after I refactor fallback support I will ask to review it (fallback implementation)
17:04:46 <djmitche> great
17:05:09 <rutsky> then my plan is to provide examples how I used fallback and how I tested my changes
17:05:19 <djmitche> tardyp: can you look at http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3434 (since it blames you)?
17:05:27 <djmitche> I think that's fine, just wondering if it highlights a larger issue
17:05:33 <rutsky> so that you would see at least some changes in action
17:05:45 <djmitche> rutsky: I think that will help review and commentary generally
17:06:23 <rutsky> then I belive only  "repeat few times: take random part of diff and check it"
17:06:36 <djmitche> heh, yes
17:06:43 <rutsky> probabilistic review :)
17:07:10 <djmitche> something like that
17:07:34 <rutsky> I tried to document all significant changes (and place TODO notes that I'll review later in questionable places), so I hope that review will be enough
17:08:04 <djmitche> yes, your thoroughness is very helpful
17:08:16 <djmitche> ok, I think I answered the questions in the agenda
17:08:42 <rutsky> yes, I see
17:08:52 <rutsky> no more questions about 2340 atm
17:09:01 <djmitche> great
17:09:19 <djmitche> btw if you don't mind next week, sending the list of questions and pending stuff to the devel list on Monday or so?
17:09:30 <djmitche> I can give answers there and we can just wrap up discussion here?
17:09:55 <rutsky> sure
17:09:56 <bb-trac> [trac] #3434/undecided (new) updated by tardyp (yes, I think this is a design part that I abandonned) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3434
17:09:59 <djmitche> any other business to bring up?
17:10:06 <verm__> nope
17:10:11 <djmitche> ok
17:10:15 * djmitche runs to get lunch before it's gone, then
17:10:17 <djmitche> thanks everyone!
17:10:20 <djmitche> #endmeeting