16:30:20 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:30:20 <bb-supy> Meeting started Tue Apr  5 16:30:20 2016 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:30:20 <bb-supy> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:30:20 <bb-supy> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:30:31 <djmitche> #topic Introduction
16:30:37 <djmitche> Agenda is at https://titanpad.com/buildbot-agenda
16:30:38 <infobob> http://paste.pound-python.org/show/YJIpebpDmXsE76urTVb6/ (repasted for djmitche)
16:30:58 <djmitche> #topic Bug 2340
16:31:08 <djmitche> Let's start off with status here -- rutsky?
16:31:27 <rutsky> no significant progress during this week, sorry
16:31:37 <djmitche> don't be sorry, life is life :()
16:32:05 <rutsky> I hoped to get something done before beta8
16:32:20 <hawkowl> hi!
16:32:22 <rutsky> and now beta8 release shifted so I'll probably will make something :)
16:32:29 <djmitche> perfect!
16:32:33 <djmitche> hi hawkowl :)
16:32:36 <hawkowl> BTW, ConchFactory changed in Twisted 16.1 to not have hardcoded SSH server keys
16:32:42 <djmitche> #info no updates this week
16:32:54 <hawkowl> so i may have broken manhole in buildbot
16:32:59 <hawkowl> (in 16.1)
16:33:07 <djmitche> you've probably done the world a favor :)
16:33:10 <hawkowl> you'll have to provide your own SSH host keys
16:33:24 <hawkowl> djmitche: yeah, if it weren't for PFS then this'd be a CVE
16:33:25 <djmitche> #topic Manhole
16:33:47 <djmitche> #info Twisted 16.1 changes host key support in such a way that manhole may no longer work
16:33:58 <djmitche> hawkowl: how would one provide their own SSH host keys
16:34:08 <hawkowl> djmitche: I have just the (private) API for you
16:34:30 <djmitche> huh, so is running an SSH server not supported at all anymore?
16:34:50 <hawkowl> djmitche: no, it is, you just need to provide your own host keys
16:34:53 <jaredgrubb> (btw, im here! hehe)
16:35:02 <hawkowl> aka so you don't get compromised
16:35:04 * sa2ajj waves...
16:35:33 <djmitche> hawkowl: ok, I was confused by "I have just the (private) API for you"
16:35:44 <djmitche> so there's a means of providing your own host keys that doesn't involve a private API?
16:35:59 <hawkowl> djmitche: yes
16:36:06 <djmitche> I think anyone running manhole on a network that's not airgapped is probably already compromised
16:36:06 <djmitche> ok
16:36:08 <hawkowl> djmitche: so in 16.1, manhole does this https://github.com/twisted/twisted/blob/trunk/twisted/conch/manhole_tap.py#L157
16:36:34 <djmitche> ok
16:36:37 <hawkowl> djmitche: which uses https://github.com/twisted/twisted/blob/trunk/twisted/conch/ssh/keys.py#L1234
16:36:43 <hawkowl> djmitche: which creates + stores locally
16:36:51 <djmitche> so we're likely to need to make some code changes to support users providing host keys to buildbot
16:36:53 <djmitche> ok
16:36:57 <hawkowl> so it's up to you to generate + persist your host key
16:37:09 <hawkowl> but that's how twistd manhole does it now
16:37:16 <djmitche> ok
16:37:27 <djmitche> #info may require some Buildbot code changes for upgrades
16:37:36 <hawkowl> (using cryptography; you'd need to generate a key differently for pycrypto)
16:37:37 <djmitche> ok, cool, thanks for the update!
16:37:49 <hawkowl> but pycrypto keys are backwards compatible w/ the new ones
16:37:59 <hawkowl> we switched to using cryptography for conch (yay)
16:38:13 <hawkowl> but if you give conch a pycrypto RSA key it'll convert it silently
16:38:37 <hawkowl> although i would recommend maybe just using 16.0+ in Nine :)
16:38:53 <djmitche> I think the number of users using manhole is in the single digits, so I'm not losing sleep
16:39:02 <hawkowl> yeah
16:39:15 <hawkowl> i just noticed when i upgraded tm.com's bb
16:39:26 <djmitche> anything else before I move on to development week in review?
16:40:12 <rutsky> is beta8 will be separate topic?
16:40:36 <hawkowl> djmitche: we did some twisted.web reshuffling; probably just make sure your tests work on 16.1, in case any private api was reached into
16:40:52 <hawkowl> eg. you can't handle a Request's raw transport anymore
16:40:59 <djmitche> rutsky: yeah, that's next after week in review
16:41:00 <hawkowl> because soon there won't be one (HTTP/2 :) )
16:41:10 <djmitche> ok
16:41:25 <djmitche> #action djmitche to file bug for testing against Twisted 16.1
16:41:34 <djmitche> #topic Development Week in Review
16:41:54 <rutsky> I noticed small issue with supy: http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3507
16:42:02 * hawkowl , having broken all of your stuff, now leaves to go put out the tire fire that is her buildbot install :P
16:42:03 <rutsky> who is administrating it and can take a look?
16:42:06 <djmitche> yeah, I think I already had a bug for that and was just being lazy
16:42:08 <djmitche> I'll take that one
16:42:30 <djmitche> looks like all of the new bugs this week are minor
16:42:34 <djmitche> not blocking release
16:42:57 <djmitche> and lots of closed PRs
16:43:16 <djmitche> and only 14 open PR's -- a very manageable number
16:43:18 <djmitche> so that's great
16:43:23 <djmitche> anything else to call out here?
16:43:29 <djmitche> #info no new major bugs this week
16:43:51 <djmitche> #info lots of pull requests closed this week -- they are generally under control
16:44:16 <djmitche> #topic 0.9.0beta8 release!
16:44:18 <gracinet> I'm looking at bugs I filed the prev week, actually, will maybe
16:44:32 <djmitche> gracinet: awesome
16:44:35 <gracinet> issue PRs but won't be there (vacations) afterwards for 2 good weeks
16:44:36 <sa2ajj> re PRs: kudos to tardyp
16:44:39 <djmitche> I don't mean to diminish the bugs :)
16:44:50 <rutsky> anyone willing to finish tardyp's PR with beta8?
16:45:07 <rutsky> otherwise we can split it on parts and merge useful changes (there are several)
16:45:16 <djmitche> #info There is an open PR for beta 8 including some release notes work and some useful changes
16:45:21 <djmitche> I'd suggest splitting
16:45:27 <djmitche> and letting tardyp release when he's back
16:45:39 <rutsky> djmitche: +1
16:45:52 <rutsky> then I'll probably will manage to finish worker part :)
16:45:55 <djmitche> #agreed will split that pull request, pulling out and landing the useful changes now
16:46:01 * sa2ajj does not think he should commit to anything these days :(
16:46:06 <djmitche> #agreed will do beta8 release when tardyp is back (next week)
16:46:15 <djmitche> sa2ajj: I know that feeling :)
16:46:47 <gracinet> sa2aijj, djmitche: very well known here too
16:47:00 <djmitche> #info waiting until next week may allow beta8 to include more slave -> worker changes on the worker side
16:47:18 <djmitche> I didn't pay much attention over the last week -- anything else I should know about beta8?
16:47:32 <sa2ajj> btw, i made a branch (wip, of course) re slave -> worker in plugins...
16:47:53 <sa2ajj> https://github.com/sa2ajj/buildbot/tree/fix-plugins
16:48:10 <sa2ajj> should i post it as a do-not-merge pr to bb?
16:48:25 <rutsky> sa2ajj: +1 for WIP PR on bb
16:48:31 <sa2ajj> (test cases fail, of course :))
16:48:34 <djmitche> +1 too
16:48:44 <rutsky> It's hard to look at 6 "wip" commits :)
16:48:46 <sa2ajj> will do then
16:48:53 <rutsky> and PR will show diff for them
16:49:02 <sa2ajj> which is easier 5 or 7? :P
16:49:02 <djmitche> #action sa2ajj to make a work-in-progress pull request regarding plugins and slave -> worker renaming
16:49:12 <rutsky> and we will be able to comment on changes immediately
16:50:44 <djmitche> cool
16:50:55 <bb-github> [13buildbot] 15sa2ajj opened pull request #2092: Fix plugins (06master...06fix-plugins) 02https://git.io/vV23J
16:50:57 <djmitche> any other business to attend to?
16:51:00 <djmitche> yay!
16:51:23 <sa2ajj> i like meetbot :)
16:51:28 <djmitche> me too :)
16:51:43 <djmitche> OK, thanks everyone
16:51:47 <djmitche> #endmeeting