16:35:17 <tomprince> #startmeeting weekly
16:35:17 <bb-supy> Meeting started Tue Jun 14 16:35:17 2016 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is tomprince. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:35:17 <bb-supy> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:35:17 <bb-supy> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:35:27 <tomprince> #chair tardyp rutsky
16:35:27 <bb-supy> Current chairs: rutsky tardyp tomprince
16:36:08 <tomprince> #info agenda https://titanpad.com/ep/pad/view/buildbot-agenda/9J5V9zforF
16:36:20 <tardyp> so end of week, we had a bunch of  worker patches
16:36:30 <tardyp> rutsky: how much left?
16:36:39 <tomprince> #topic Week in Review
16:37:02 <rutsky> I have almost no progress with bug 2340 during this week
16:37:11 <rutsky> but there are pending PRs from me!
16:37:16 <tardyp> oh
16:37:18 <rutsky> let's discuss them in 2340 topic
16:37:42 <rutsky> I kind of missed this week of development, so what's done during this week?
16:38:16 <tardyp> not much beyond your work actually
16:38:40 <tardyp> small fixes to git and p4
16:38:49 <tardyp> apache configuration for websocket
16:38:54 <rutsky> #info bunch of fixes merged from previous week
16:39:17 <tardyp> more enhancements to the mysql retry strategy
16:39:29 <tardyp> (in case of deadlock)
16:39:54 <tardyp> I updated the docker tutorial for a better dockerfiles
16:40:15 <tardyp> I'd like to push those to the dockerhub repo, but I dont have access to it yet.
16:40:28 <tardyp> my goal is to have a ready to use buildbot_travis eventually.
16:40:54 <rutsky> #info lots of small changes during this week: fixes for git and p4, Apache configuration for WS, enhancements to the MySQL retry strategy, documentation updates
16:41:27 <tomprince> Anything else on development this week?
16:41:32 <tardyp> no
16:41:36 <tomprince> #topic Bug 2340 updates
16:41:39 <rutsky> tardyp: I saw your PR - it looks sane and good, but I haven't checked details
16:41:45 <tomprince> #info no updates for this week
16:41:51 <rutsky> tardyp: about Docker
16:41:59 <tomprince> #topic Bug Triage for 0.9.0 release
16:42:25 <rutsky> #info few Pull Requests awaiting review for bug 2340
16:43:04 <tardyp> #info one new bug http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3559, with a pr from gracinet
16:43:22 <tardyp> nothing else for me
16:43:48 <tardyp> #topic http://buildbot.buildbot.net doesn't report to IRC
16:43:58 <tardyp> I am not sure how to address that
16:44:01 <bb-trac> [trac] #3547/enhancement (closed) updated by rutsky (empty comment) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3547
16:44:35 <tardyp> the console is not so good
16:45:25 <rutsky> who knows something about bb.bb.net and reporting to IRC?
16:45:37 <tomprince> https://github.com/buildbot/metabbotcfg/blob/master/status.py#L29-L36 is the configuration.
16:45:42 <rutsky> I think there is some bot, like supy, who does this
16:46:05 <tomprince> The buildbot itself does it.
16:46:08 <tardyp> needs to look at the log
16:46:11 <rutsky> ah, ok
16:46:14 <tardyp> who has access?
16:46:24 <tomprince> It looks like it only reports transitions, and there doesn't appear to have been any transitions recently.
16:47:06 <tardyp> maybe that is the case. I can fix the problem with ramlfications by making this test optional, or by adding ramlfication to the list of requirements
16:47:12 <tardyp> will look at it
16:47:22 <tomprince> Probably the later makes more sense.
16:47:28 <tardyp> #action tardyp to fix the ramlfication issue in metabb
16:48:21 <rutsky> strange, but Py 26 tests are still passing :)
16:48:44 <tardyp> indeed. I'll look at this
16:48:47 <tardyp> #topic  put dockerfiles into another repo
16:49:01 <tardyp> I have made a 'make docker' target
16:49:11 <tomprince> If we want them built, we should just get dockerhub to build them.
16:49:16 <rutsky> tardyp: what is the reason for putting Dockerfile in separate repo?
16:49:21 <tardyp> which looks for dockerfiles, and try to build the them
16:49:29 <tomprince> I know as a user, I am wary of using any docker image that isn't automatically built.
16:49:44 <tardyp> yes
16:49:53 <tomprince> I guess we might need some other solution if we are also running tests against the built image.
16:49:55 <tardyp> agreed, and which you have the dockerfile
16:50:33 <rutsky> do we have tests that uses some docker image?
16:50:48 <tardyp> What I am not sure is if we can generate several image from a single githubrepository
16:50:57 <tomprince> You can.
16:51:10 <tardyp> ok, then I would need to dig for this option.
16:51:31 <rutsky> which option?
16:51:34 <tardyp> anyone here has access to buildbot organisation in hub or this is just djmitche ?
16:51:38 <rutsky> I think I'm missing some of discussion :)
16:51:41 <tardyp> dockerhub automatic build
16:52:13 <tardyp> my goal was initially to have some sort of travis verification that the dockerfile were good
16:52:23 <rutsky> ok, Dockerhub allows auto builds of Dockerfiles in arbitrary dirs in arbitrary branches/tags
16:52:30 <tardyp> and travis will refuse to have docker service and mysql service at the same time.
16:52:43 <rutsky> tardyp: you want to test that Dockerfiles are working?
16:52:46 <tardyp> those are not supported in the same infra for them. anyway
16:53:06 <tardyp> rutsky: yes. as we are having more and more of them
16:53:20 <rutsky> tardyp: how do you want to test them? Build, start, connect to web-ui, run some API calls?
16:53:26 <tardyp> probably we want to have a worker for ruby, another for node, etc.
16:53:42 <rutsky> what is "worker for ruby"?
16:54:05 <rutsky> base BB worker Dockerfile with ruby dev stuff?
16:54:09 <skelly> the language key in .travis.yml chooses different images as I understand it
16:54:09 <tomprince> tardyp: I think that way lies madness.
16:54:11 <tardyp> a worker that has everything to test a ruby app. like travis has if you select language: ruby
16:54:25 <tardyp> tomprince: maybe indeed.
16:54:43 <tomprince> There are too many different environments that people might want, that it doesn't make sense for us to expend effort building images for all of them.
16:55:01 <tardyp> or just to have a bunch of working examples
16:55:31 <tomprince> I'd probably say that one would be enough.
16:55:39 <tardyp> yeah
16:55:48 <tardyp> which is what we currently have
16:56:35 <tardyp> let go with dockerhub. I'll investigate with my own account , waiting for djmitche to come back from the city
16:56:51 <tomprince> What we could do, is make it easy for somebody else to install a buildbot worker in their image.
16:57:03 <tardyp> #info tardyp to try automatic build with dockerhub
16:57:42 <tomprince> Anything else on docker?
16:57:51 <tardyp> no
16:57:53 <tomprince> #topic Other Business
16:57:54 <rutsky> if we had some kind of worker written in Go, that is single-binary...
16:58:09 <tomprince> rust!
16:58:09 <rutsky> tardyp: can you comment on http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/2995 ?
16:58:16 <rutsky> or in Rust :)
16:59:01 <bb-trac> [trac] #2995/defect (new) updated by tardyp (I want to keep this one open until the release date, in order to have a last eye on ...) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/2995
16:59:21 <rutsky> tardyp: what about http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3525 ?
16:59:38 <bb-trac> [trac] #3525/defect (closed) updated by tardyp (empty comment) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3525
16:59:49 <tardyp> I fixed that one
16:59:54 <rutsky> ok, thanks!
17:00:01 <rutsky> -1 bug for 0.9.0 release :)
17:00:48 <bb-trac> [trac] #3563/undecided (assigned) updated by rutsky (empty comment) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3563
17:00:57 <rutsky> there is one unassigned bug for 0.9: http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/2650
17:01:59 <rutsky> is upgrade-master will handle 0.8->0.9 upgrade?
17:02:03 <rutsky> I think no...
17:02:06 <tardyp> no
17:02:37 <tomprince> I think the plan is to not support data migration for 0.9.0 (if ever?)
17:03:00 <rutsky> I believe docs for upgrading from 0.8 to 0.9 already present
17:03:00 <tardyp> yes
17:03:10 <tardyp> upgrading the config
17:03:15 <rutsky> so I don't really understand what this bug is about
17:03:19 <tardyp> does not mean migrating an instance
17:03:25 <tardyp> me neither
17:03:41 <rutsky> ok, lets wait for Dustin to handle this bug
17:03:49 <rutsky> since he is the author
17:03:50 <tardyp> it is two years old, when the ui stuff were more complicated
17:04:04 <tardyp> I think now there is nothing more to do on it.
17:04:31 <tomprince> Oh. This is not for 0.8 -> 0.9
17:04:51 <tomprince> Actually, you are right.
17:04:57 <rutsky> is not?
17:05:00 <tomprince> I was looking at the first comment.
17:05:05 <tomprince> Which is something else.
17:05:27 <bb-trac> [trac] #2650/task (new) updated by rutsky (@dustin, is this bug resolved?    Migration from 0.8 to 0.9 is documented, and 0.8 ...) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/2650
17:05:42 <tardyp> for me its a duplicate of the template bug, which is PR pending
17:06:01 <rutsky> there are template bug PR?
17:06:56 <rutsky> if template bug is http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3563 - I assigned it to myself few minutes ago
17:07:30 <tardyp> yes
17:07:37 <tardyp> ok
17:08:02 <rutsky> any other topics?
17:08:16 <tardyp> no
17:08:42 <tomprince> #endmeeting