16:30:39 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:30:39 <bb-supy> Meeting started Tue Jun 28 16:30:39 2016 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:30:39 <bb-supy> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:30:39 <bb-supy> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:30:45 <djmitche> sort of snuck up on me today!!
16:30:50 <djmitche> #topic Introduction
16:31:05 <tardyp> hi
16:31:10 <djmitche> The agenda for this meeting is at https://titanpad.com/buildbot-agenda
16:31:15 <djmitche> good afternoon
16:31:30 <djmitche> Anyone in channel is welcome to participate
16:31:36 <sa2ajj> one more item: 0.8.x release
16:31:56 <djmitche> ok, sounds good
16:31:59 <sa2ajj> just added
16:32:17 <djmitche> #topic Week in Review
16:32:30 * sa2ajj keeps silence.
16:32:37 <djmitche> *lots* of PRs landed this week
16:32:42 <tardyp> PR down to 11. bugs down to 2
16:33:08 <djmitche> woo!
16:33:20 <djmitche> #info open PRs are down to just 11, and open 0.9.0 bugs are down to 2
16:33:29 <tardyp> I merged a bunch of stuff beg of week
16:33:41 <djmitche> http://trac.buildbot.net/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&milestone=0.9.0&group=status&order=priority
16:33:50 <djmitche> that's great
16:34:01 <djmitche> I read something in scrollback about rc1 being delayed, but I can't find it now..
16:34:54 <tardyp> yes, I planned to release it this week end
16:35:12 <tardyp> but I did not had time to finish the docker stuff
16:35:27 <djmitche> ah, ok
16:35:34 <djmitche> the docker automation?
16:35:53 <tardyp> dockerlatent workers were broken this b7
16:36:38 <tardyp> The problem is that we don't really have integration tests to make sure PR are good
16:36:53 <tardyp> and we accepted one that was bad without noticing
16:37:08 <tardyp> then the setup to test it is not very easy
16:37:38 <djmitche> ah, ok
16:37:50 <djmitche> #info rc1 delayed working on fixing the docker latent workers support
16:37:59 <djmitche> better to just back that out?
16:38:27 <tardyp> I merged that patch today
16:38:32 <tardyp> its back online and working
16:38:46 <djmitche> ok, cool!
16:38:55 * djmitche distracted by the youtube video you put on g+
16:39:13 <djmitche> rutsky: around for an update?
16:39:16 <tardyp> very interresting stuff (not only the bbot part)
16:39:23 <djmitche> yeah
16:39:56 <tardyp> I asked him update by email, and 2340 is not blocking anymore the 0.9.0
16:39:59 <djmitche> ok
16:40:03 <djmitche> #topic Bug 2340 update
16:40:19 <djmitche> #info The slave -> worker transition is largely complete and no longer blocks 0.9.0 release
16:40:28 <djmitche> rutsky is working on a few remaining bits
16:40:33 <djmitche> #topic mention-bot reports twice in each PR
16:40:51 <djmitche> I thought I was just seeing double :)
16:41:08 <tardyp> quoting:          2340 need mostly cosmetic/minor fixes in Buildbot codebase, so I moved
16:41:08 <tardyp> it to 0.9.1.
16:41:31 <djmitche> awesome, thanks!
16:41:45 <djmitche> I only see one webhook installed for mention-bot
16:42:25 <tardyp> me to
16:42:30 <tardyp> is this a problem on their side?
16:42:32 <djmitche> might be
16:42:35 <djmitche> I'll file an issue
16:42:41 <djmitche> #action djmitche to file an issue with mention-bot
16:42:56 <djmitche> #topic     status of 3392 (better handling of EC2 - MOSS - bounty)
16:43:17 <djmitche> #info This is the second of our two bounty bugs
16:43:40 <djmitche> I think the suggestion is reaching out to a few individuals who have contributed to EC2 support in the past to see if they are interested?
16:43:47 <tardyp> do we have a clear statment of what is requested?
16:45:17 * sa2ajj . o O (based on silence: no...)
16:45:27 <djmitche> haha, agreed
16:45:37 <djmitche> I'm a bit uncomfortable with that size bounty for three bugs
16:45:56 <bdbaddog> was $5k right?
16:45:59 <djmitche> yes
16:46:53 <djmitche> I would offer to try to write up some explicit requirements, but I've never used the EC2 support so I don't have a good idea what the pain-points are
16:47:13 * sa2ajj did not use EC2 either :/
16:47:46 <tomprince> Definitely less than I would charge.
16:48:13 * sa2ajj . o O (yay! more participants!..)
16:48:20 <djmitche> tomprince: do you have an guess of hours reqiured?
16:48:47 <tomprince> Not off the top of my head.
16:49:13 <djmitche> ok
16:49:25 <djmitche> so you don't tihnk that bounty is too high, I take it
16:49:35 <djmitche> in which case, I can modify the ticket a little to reflect what those bugs describe
16:49:48 <djmitche> and then i can get in touch with the mentioned people to see if they want to participate
16:49:54 <djmitche> sound good?
16:50:00 <bdbaddog> +1
16:50:04 <sa2ajj> +1
16:50:42 <djmitche> #action djmitche to modify 3392 to reflect the dependent tickets, then share it with @morrone, @aelsabbahy, @ryansydnor to see if they are interested in participating
16:50:54 <djmitche> #topic information on how to run meetings
16:50:59 <djmitche> http://trac.buildbot.net/wiki/Meetings#RunningMeetings
16:51:03 <djmitche> rutsky added this
16:51:09 <djmitche> should help if I am MIA like I was two weeks ago :)
16:51:22 <djmitche> #topic 0.8.0 release
16:51:28 <djmitche> sa2ajj: ^^ what are your thoughts?
16:51:32 <djmitche> I assume 0.8.13 :)
16:51:38 <bdbaddog> Are one or more of those tickets from the mozilla guys who sugguested that as a bounty item?
16:51:54 <sa2ajj> my intention was to release the *last* 0.8.x after 0.9 is out
16:52:15 <djmitche> bdbaddog: no, but if you remind me who they were I can get in touch
16:52:25 <sa2ajj> however i looked at the diff stat and it might warrant a release now
16:52:47 <sa2ajj> so i want to see what other people think :)
16:52:51 <djmitche> sa2ajj: what is the advantage of now over "soon"?
16:53:11 <sa2ajj> advantage -- i do not know. but the amount of change is ...
16:53:29 <tomprince> I know somebody from twisted was asking about a release (due to outstanding bugs that were fixed in master.
16:54:09 <djmitche> sa2ajj: and corollary, would you expect a subsequent release after 0.9.0?
16:54:38 <sa2ajj> 52 files changed, 1272 insertions(+), 501 deletions(-)
16:55:10 <sa2ajj> and yes, i'd like to have a release after 0.9
16:55:17 <djmitche> ok
16:55:29 <sa2ajj> so it's not about *the last* release
16:55:35 <djmitche> I'm sure 0.8.x users will appreciate another release
16:55:42 <djmitche> I'm not sure there's a big advantage for them in having two
16:55:46 <sa2ajj> it's about if we want a release before *the last* one :)
16:55:56 <djmitche> and I worry it will cause confusion to have two releases (0.8.13 and 0.9.0) in process at the same time
16:56:00 <djmitche> right
16:56:11 <bdbaddog> djmitche: forwarded you email from mozilla contact who brought up ec2 issue.
16:56:28 <tomprince> It is fairly typical for projects with multiple branches.
16:56:46 <bdbaddog> Yes. Python does it
16:56:52 <tomprince> https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2016-June/145427.html - Python 3.4.5 and Python 3.5.2 are now available
16:57:04 <sa2ajj> yes, it is. however since the UI changed significantly, we do not have on par feature wise...
16:57:07 <bdbaddog> 2.7.12 just released, + 3.4.5 and 3.5.2
16:57:16 <djmitche> good point :)
16:57:32 <djmitche> sa2ajj: and you're going to do the work of making both releases?
16:57:49 <sa2ajj> both?!
16:58:00 <sa2ajj> i was talking about 0.8.x only :/
16:58:13 <sa2ajj> i did not follow 0.9x development lately :(
16:58:33 <djmitche> I mean 0.8.{13,14}
16:58:45 <sa2ajj> yes, that's for sure
16:59:39 <djmitche> ok
16:59:46 <djmitche> sounds like agreement that we should do it
16:59:52 <djmitche> a lot of people will be pleased!
16:59:53 <sa2ajj> ok then
17:00:01 <djmitche> #info Will make a 0.8.13 release now, and a 0.8.14 release after 0.9.0
17:00:21 <djmitche> anything more to add?
17:00:52 * sa2ajj shakes his head...
17:01:04 <djmitche> ok
17:01:06 <djmitche> thanks everyone
17:01:13 * djmitche has two new action items now :)
17:01:16 <tardyp> thanks!
17:01:17 <tomprince> #info https://titanpad.com/ep/pad/view/buildbot-agenda/tCppNDiCSp
17:01:27 <djmitche> haha, I was just about to paste that, thanks tomprince
17:01:30 <djmitche> #endmeeting