16:33:06 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:33:06 <bb-supy> Meeting started Tue Jul  5 16:33:06 2016 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:33:06 <bb-supy> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:33:06 <bb-supy> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:33:23 <djmitche> distracted by facebook, sigh
16:33:34 <tomprince> All of 3 minutes worht. :)
16:34:12 <djmitche> #info agenda https://titanpad.com/ep/pad/view/buildbot-agenda/fDFhv4wfuX
16:34:31 <djmitche> #topic Introduction
16:34:37 <djmitche> tomprince is here, hi!
16:34:39 <djmitche> who else?
16:34:43 <skelly> I'm here
16:34:51 <rutsky> hi!
16:35:01 <djmitche> welcome!
16:35:12 <djmitche> tardyp: around?
16:35:38 <djmitche> #topic Development week-in-review
16:35:39 <tomprince> #info Attending: djmitche tomprince skelly rutsky
16:35:54 <djmitche> meetbot actually makes a note of who participated in the minutes
16:36:12 <djmitche> #info metabuildbot now has a graceful-shutdown option
16:36:17 <rutsky> at least who wrote at least one line :)
16:36:20 <djmitche> right
16:36:27 <tardyp> Just a bit late commuting
16:36:44 <djmitche> so I think this is to deal with workers which are failing for worker-specific reasons (out of disk space, etc.)
16:36:58 <djmitche> #info uptimerobot set up - http://status.buildbot.net
16:37:21 <djmitche> in theory this is emailing people when something fails
16:37:37 <djmitche> but nothing's failed since it got set up
16:37:44 <skelly> I did see an email when it was set up to mail the sysadmin
16:37:47 <djmitche> the site is a static single-page app on Amazon S3
16:38:06 <djmitche> I think that was just the verify-your-email-address mail/
16:38:11 <skelly> yes
16:38:12 <djmitche> at any rate, it probably works :)
16:38:13 <djmitche> ok
16:38:27 <djmitche> #info unwired UI elements removed
16:38:40 <djmitche> so the UI doesn't have non-functional placeholders anymore
16:38:47 <tardyp> indeed
16:38:48 <djmitche> which should reduce user frustration :)
16:38:58 <tardyp> as far as I can tell
16:39:02 <djmitche> #info tardyp wrote up some great multimaster documentation
16:39:26 <djmitche> and it looks like rc1 relnotes are up for review?
16:39:29 <djmitche> anything else to add?
16:39:53 <tardyp> I am holding the rc1 release waiting for docs.buildbot.net being updated
16:40:11 <tardyp> or I can point the release email to readsthedocs
16:40:35 <rutsky> what is the problem with docs.buildbot.net?
16:40:37 <djmitche> ok - did you figure out why it's not being updated?
16:41:00 <tardyp> I dont know. I dont have access to the ansible logs
16:41:24 <tardyp> I also struggled to put metabuildbot back working
16:41:32 <djmitche> ok, I can take a look at docs
16:41:43 <bb-trac> [trac] #3576/defect (assigned) updated by dustin (empty comment) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3576
16:42:13 <djmitche> #info metabuildbot is back up and running
16:42:19 <tardyp> There are some very stranges errors I am not sure how to reproduce
16:42:29 <tardyp> its running, but most builders are failed
16:42:57 <tardyp> e.g: https://buildbot.buildbot.net/builders/py27-tw1220/builds/517/steps/versions/logs/stdio
16:43:32 <tomprince> That is due to HOME=/
16:43:35 <tardyp> then strange exceptions.ValueError: Invalid timestamp "YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS+0000": unknown string format
16:43:51 <tomprince> Actually, maybe not.
16:44:12 <tardyp> in https://buildbot.buildbot.net/builders/sqla%3D0.8.7-sqlam%3D0.9.8/builds/178/steps/test%20master/logs/problems
16:45:13 <tardyp> and then there are issues with building cffi on one worker
16:45:21 <tardyp> https://buildbot.buildbot.net/builders/sqla%3D1.0.11-sqlam%3D0.9.8/builds/170/steps/virtualenv%20setup/logs/stdio
16:45:33 <tardyp> koobs-freebsd9
16:45:34 <tardyp> koobs: ?
16:45:48 <tomprince> That last one is libffi-devel not being installed.
16:46:40 <bb-github> [13buildbot] 15tardyp commented on issue #2305: :+1: ... 02https://git.io/vKkJK
16:46:46 <tardyp> that's probably an easy one yes
16:47:42 * djmitche moves on
16:47:48 <djmitche> #topic Bug 2340 update
16:47:55 <djmitche> rutsky: welcome back to meetings! :)
16:48:13 <bb-trac> [trac] #3576/defect (assigned) updated by skelly (Ansible is skipping it.    {{{  PLAY [configure docs] ...) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3576
16:48:47 <rutsky> I'm back on the meeting, but no update on 2340 yet
16:49:14 <djmitche> ok
16:49:24 <djmitche> are things still moving along with arranging the bounty payment?
16:49:34 <djmitche> or do I need to try to restart that?
16:49:47 <rutsky> I haven't made progress about contract on my side
16:50:14 <djmitche> ok
16:50:18 <rutsky> I need to register in local gov structures to be able to pay taxes for the bounty, and haven't had time for this yet
16:50:20 <djmitche> I won't nag you then :)
16:50:36 <djmitche> yeah, that sounds about as much fun as digging a hole in a swamp
16:50:46 <rutsky> yes :)
16:50:59 <djmitche> #info no update this week
16:51:07 <rutsky> I need to sign bunch of papers and give the to proper commitees...
16:51:11 <djmitche> #topic 0.9.0 release
16:51:34 <djmitche> #info release candidate is coming up, just blocked on getting docs.buildbot.net working again
16:51:53 <tardyp> I will have more time this end of week to release rc1 (than I had beg of week)
16:52:13 <tardyp> I will try myself at gpg signing as well.
16:52:27 <djmitche> haha ok
16:52:31 <tardyp> which I did not for the beta
16:52:40 <tardyp> but rc is probably a good time to fix that
16:52:40 <djmitche> right
16:52:51 <djmitche> I have keybase.io invites if those help
16:53:12 <djmitche> #topic mention-bot reports twice in each PR
16:53:15 <djmitche> #info this should be fixed
16:53:16 <tardyp> oh. I started the github tutorial and registered that key in GH
16:53:19 <djmitche> after filing an issue for them
16:53:22 <djmitche> oh, cool
16:53:38 <djmitche> I learned that we had the mention-bot webhook configured at the repo and org levels
16:53:41 <djmitche> so I deleted the repo-level hook
16:53:55 <tardyp> make sense
16:55:12 <djmitche> #topic 3392 (better handling of EC2 - MOSS - bounty)?
16:55:19 <djmitche> I didn't do anything for this this week
16:55:28 <djmitche> I did email emily
16:55:35 <djmitche> but never heard back
16:55:52 <rutsky> It seems strange to me that nobody interested to work on this bounty...
16:55:55 <djmitche> I'll re-double my efforts
16:55:56 <djmitche> yeah
16:56:12 <djmitche> it hasn't been well-marketed though
16:56:25 <djmitche> #info Dustin failed to do anything on this last week :)
16:56:35 <rutsky> In other places, such as Mozilla Outreachy or Google Summer of Code, there are lots of candidates (AFAIK)
16:57:10 <rutsky> It also not very well defined
16:57:12 <djmitche> careful, Mozilla doesn't run Outreachy :)
16:57:16 <djmitche> we just have a LOT of outreachy interns
16:57:21 <rutsky> what exactly should be done
16:57:23 <djmitche> right
16:57:29 <djmitche> I'll see if I can fix that up
16:57:33 <rutsky> oh, yeah, I forgot :)
16:58:14 <djmitche> sa2ajj: you around to talk about 0.8.13 release?
16:58:25 <djmitche> #topic New 0.8.x release
16:58:55 <sa2ajj> i'm on vacation next two weeks
16:59:09 <sa2ajj> i'll look into the release after the first week
16:59:23 <djmitche> ok
16:59:31 <sa2ajj> i'm afraid this is that much i can talk about it now :(
16:59:40 <djmitche> #info sa2ajj will begin investigating release in a few weeks
16:59:46 <djmitche> I saw there was already some triage and PR merging
16:59:49 <djmitche> so that's a good start :)
17:00:36 <djmitche> #topic worker-side repo commands
17:00:41 <djmitche> ^^ not sure what this one's about?
17:00:53 <skelly> there's one worker-side source command left
17:00:56 <skelly> repo
17:01:21 <skelly> the master-side version to call that is gone I think but it's still there on the worker
17:01:22 <rutsky> it's not used in modern BB master?
17:01:31 <tardyp> its not
17:01:53 <rutsky> then lets remove worker part
17:02:06 <rutsky> I think we agreed some time to minimize worker logic in this part
17:02:39 <djmitche> yes
17:02:48 <djmitche> agree
17:02:50 <djmitche> killz0r
17:03:04 <djmitche> #info there remains one worker-side source command, repo
17:03:17 <rutsky> skelly: any other parts of worker to remove maybe? :)
17:03:21 <djmitche> #info but not for long
17:03:35 <skelly> I don't think so
17:03:40 <rutsky> I'll create ticket for removing repo command
17:03:57 <tardyp> please put it to 0.9.0 milestone
17:04:20 <rutsky> yes
17:04:26 <skelly> sa2ajj: ^^ same state in 0.8.12 if you want to do the same
17:04:50 <djmitche> awesome
17:04:56 <rutsky> list of all commands: https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/blob/master/worker/buildbot_worker/commands/registry.py#L18
17:04:58 <tomprince> Does 0.8.12 still has the master-side steps?
17:05:10 <rutsky> other commands looks useful...
17:05:11 <skelly> oh, oldsource is still there
17:05:13 <sa2ajj> it must :)
17:05:14 <djmitche> iirc they are present but deprecated in 0.8.12
17:05:22 <tomprince> Yeah.
17:05:23 <skelly> so, nevermind, they can be used in eight
17:05:50 <sa2ajj> source steps?
17:06:00 <skelly> the worker-side ones
17:06:20 <djmitche> will a new buildbot-worker work with an old buildmaster?
17:06:27 <bb-trac> [trac] #3577/undecided (v:master) created by rutsky (remove "repo" command from worker) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3577
17:06:29 <tardyp> normally there is no change in source steps in nine compared to eight
17:06:47 <rutsky> no, buildbot-worker will not work with old buildmaster
17:06:49 <tardyp> (except we removed the slave-side versions)
17:06:56 <sa2ajj> anyway, i'll be looking at the stuff next week, sorry :(
17:07:37 <rutsky> btw, do we want to detect in buildbot-worker that worker is trying to connect to old buildmaster?
17:07:49 <rutsky> (there is no such code at this moment)
17:08:43 <djmitche> rutsky: if it's easy, that would help usres
17:09:15 <djmitche> but I brought that up to say that it doesn't matter what 0.8.12 does, since modern buildbot-worker can't talk to it
17:09:16 <djmitche> so removing repo is fine
17:09:28 <tardyp> +
17:09:48 * djmitche wraps up
17:10:20 <bb-trac> [trac] #3578/undecided (v:master) created by rutsky (gracefully handle situation when new buildbot-worker tries to connect to old buildmaster) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3578
17:10:37 <rutsky> I have put check on 0.9.+
17:10:38 <djmitche> #endmeeting