#buildbot: weekly

Meeting started by djmitche at 16:30:03 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Introduction (djmitche, 16:30:08)
    1. https://titanpad.com/ep/pad/view/buildbot-agenda/DD7hIIU56p (djmitche, 16:30:35)

  2. Week In Review (djmitche, 16:32:13)
    1. Pierre made a bunch of improvements to the nine buildbot - https://github.com/buildbot/metabbotcfg/pull/65 (djmitche, 16:32:57)
    2. Pierre made a bunch of changes to buildbot-infra to make IP management more automatic, including generating DNS (djmitche, 16:34:15)
    3. https://syslog.buildbot.net/ now using ELK to show infra syslogs (djmitche, 16:34:52)
    4. BuildbotNetData is landed and rc3 release made (djmitche, 16:37:26)
    5. Chris Laws built a prometheus plugin for 0.9.0 (djmitche, 16:38:07)
    6. https://github.com/claws/buildbot-prometheus (djmitche, 16:38:09)
    7. BulidbotNetData is also available via ELK - https://events.buildbot.net/ (djmitche, 16:40:28)
    8. ACTION: djmitche to refine access to both ELK stacks (events and syslog) (djmitche, 16:45:43)
    9. ACTION: tardyp to check that all hosts/jails are reporting to syslog, and that reporting is by hostname, not just IP (djmitche, 16:46:15)

  3. Releases (djmitche, 16:49:24)
    1. 0..9.0r3 released last Wednesday (djmitche, 16:49:31)
    2. AGREED: tardyp is awesome (djmitche, 16:52:10)

  4. host upgrades and service3 downtime (djmitche, 16:52:45)
    1. the idea is to get us onto a more "mainline" upgrade process (via freebsd-update), but that failed here and we're largely back to the src-based approach we've been on for a while (djmitche, 16:59:35)
    2. AGREED: Amar and Sean will schedule a time when they can both be around to try a full freebsd-update run (djmitche, 16:59:59)

  5. Vagrant setup for Buildbot Infra (djmitche, 17:02:16)
    1. buildbot-infra is set up to create development environments, including hosts and jails, using Vagrant (djmitche, 17:06:10)

  6. TLS/Endpoints (djmitche, 17:08:40)
    1. progress since last week: gracinet got the integration tests to work on Twisted >= 14, fixed the various lints that required it. Next are the windows failures (djmitche, 17:09:06)
    2. Will try to upstream the generic parts to twisted after landing (djmitche, 17:10:59)

  7. Hardware Warranties (djmitche, 17:19:00)
    1. Warranties are expiring on our iX hardware; renewal for two years is about $900 (djmitche, 17:19:25)
    2. AGREED: but for now, pursue the renewal (djmitche, 17:30:01)


Meeting ended at 17:33:43 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. djmitche to refine access to both ELK stacks (events and syslog)
  2. tardyp to check that all hosts/jails are reporting to syslog, and that reporting is by hostname, not just IP


Action items, by person

  1. djmitche
    1. djmitche to refine access to both ELK stacks (events and syslog)
  2. tardyp
    1. tardyp to check that all hosts/jails are reporting to syslog, and that reporting is by hostname, not just IP


People present (lines said)

  1. djmitche (130)
  2. verm__ (95)
  3. skelly (37)
  4. tardyp (29)
  5. gracinet (24)
  6. tomprince (10)
  7. bdbaddog (5)
  8. bb-supy (3)
  9. InitHello (2)
  10. bb-github (1)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.