16:31:43 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:31:43 <bb-supy> Meeting started Tue Oct  4 16:31:43 2016 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:31:43 <bb-supy> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:31:43 <bb-supy> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:32:09 <djmitche> #topic Introduction
16:32:15 <djmitche> https://titanpad.com/buildbot-agenda
16:32:20 <djmitche> #nick tardyp
16:32:23 <djmitche> who else is here?
16:32:59 <tomprince> I'm here.
16:34:30 <djmitche> #topic Week in Review
16:34:39 <djmitche> tardyp: do you want to summarize the week?
16:35:38 <tardyp> So I released rc4. We have +110 unique installid
16:35:56 <tardyp> There has been a bunch or PR this week
16:36:20 * dragonmaster listening in
16:36:22 <tardyp> lots of py3 stuff
16:36:41 <tardyp> and a few fixes from recent rc4 users apparently
16:36:47 <tardyp> so thats cool
16:36:53 <djmitche> #info rc4 has 110 unique installs!
16:36:56 <tardyp> I think we will take those fixes for 0.9.1
16:37:05 <djmitche> #info lots of improvements to python3 compatibility
16:37:09 <djmitche> awesome
16:37:18 <tardyp> we enabled the testing of py3 for the worker
16:37:29 <tardyp> I am not sure exactly what % we are for the master
16:37:34 <djmitche> wow
16:37:40 <djmitche> so running the worker under py3, or just checking syntax?
16:37:52 <tardyp> running the tests
16:38:13 <tardyp> craig has enabled it, but I am not sure if it succeed
16:38:31 <djmitche> #info now running worker tests under python3
16:38:35 <djmitche> thats great
16:38:43 <skelly> it fails
16:38:46 <skelly> looking up how many
16:39:03 <skelly> FAILED (skips=1, failures=5, errors=82, successes=149)
16:39:20 <tardyp> looks like it does not work in travis yet
16:40:03 <tardyp> We know have buildbot travis checking our PRs more or less reliably
16:40:32 <tardyp> there are still some bad disconnection that create RETRY jobs, but it does not impact the eventual result
16:41:41 <tardyp> some PRs are pending in order to fix 1 or 2 remaining bugs in hyper support and in latent base
16:42:26 <tardyp> and I would say that's it for the week
16:42:50 <tardyp> we lost djmitche
16:43:16 <tardyp> #info We now have buildbot travis checking our PRs
16:43:54 <tardyp> #topic releaes
16:43:59 <tardyp> #undo
16:44:08 <djmitche> sorry
16:44:11 <djmitche> bunch of other things going on
16:44:11 <skelly> need to be the chair for those to work
16:44:19 <djmitche> #chair tardyp
16:44:19 <bb-supy> Current chairs: djmitche tardyp
16:44:20 <djmitche> there  :)
16:44:27 <djmitche> #topic Releases
16:44:43 <djmitche> So you mentioned rc4 is out
16:44:49 <djmitche> and that fixes for that are destined for 0.9.1
16:44:53 <djmitche> does that mean 0.9.0 is around the corner?
16:44:55 <tardyp> with rc4 going on. I dont see the point of waiting more to release 0.9.0
16:45:18 <tardyp> with the py3 stuff there are big differences, so we shouldn't wait too much
16:45:26 <djmitche> awesome
16:45:37 <djmitche> I think it's definitely time to get it out there to a wider (GA) audience
16:45:38 <tardyp> so I'd like the go from the team for the release
16:45:53 * sa2ajj waves
16:46:03 * sa2ajj GO
16:46:20 <djmitche> GO
16:46:24 <djmitche> tomprince: feelings?
16:46:26 * tomprince isn't involved enough to have an opinion.
16:46:34 <djmitche> cheater :)
16:46:36 <skelly> I'm using master and it works well enough
16:46:38 <tomprince> People are using it in production ....
16:46:51 <djmitche> skelly: that's a big +1
16:47:01 <tardyp> #agreed 0.9.0 will be released this week
16:47:02 <skelly> not exactly in production, but halfway
16:47:11 * sa2ajj is still to get my first 0.9 installation :/
16:47:22 <skelly> I need all of the latent worker fixes tardyp has been doing
16:47:32 <sa2ajj> but without a release, we'll not see that good flow of improvements
16:47:48 <tardyp> yes, and I think I will soon continue with a 0.9.1rc with all the latent fixes
16:47:48 <sa2ajj> we need to make it "stable"
16:47:54 <tardyp> from myself and tomprince
16:48:21 <djmitche> awesome :)
16:48:36 <djmitche> sa2ajj: since you're around -- any progress on the 0.8.x releases?
16:48:54 <sa2ajj> sorry, no
16:49:22 <sa2ajj> on the bright side (for me, at least) i got the development workflow around bb
16:49:43 <sa2ajj> so no "integrations" that would not pass all kind of checks we have in place
16:49:59 <sa2ajj> and developers are happy because they do not have to participate in "integration race"
16:50:13 <djmitche> oh, that's a big help for the devs
16:50:35 <djmitche> ok
16:50:45 <djmitche> gracinet: any update on TLS?
16:51:15 <djmitche> #topic Moving from Trac to Github
16:51:34 <djmitche> I haven't even opened my Buildbot mail folder -- has there been much discussion of this?
16:51:35 <tomprince> I've done a bit of work on teasing apart the TLS branch into multiple PRs.
16:52:28 <tardyp> on trac 2 github no news
16:52:32 <skelly> there were two emails about experiences moving off trac
16:52:38 <tardyp> oh yes
16:52:38 <skelly> that was it
16:52:59 <tardyp> those email warmly recommending a php script :-/
16:53:17 * sa2ajj . o O (oh, moving...)
16:53:17 <tardyp> which is hacking the data out of mysql
16:53:49 <tardyp> but that might work indeed. this is something to try
16:54:16 <tardyp> but this need a dump of the db somewhere probably to avoid working on prod
16:54:25 <sa2ajj> do we have a ticket about this?
16:54:35 <tardyp> sa2ajj: I dont think so
16:54:37 <sa2ajj> (so i could get a better context etc)
16:54:40 <sa2ajj> oh
16:54:51 <djmitche> from last week: https://supybot.buildbot.net/meetings/buildbot/2016/buildbot.2016-09-27-16.29.log.html#l-83
16:54:56 <djmitche> so getting a ticket filed would be good
16:55:21 <djmitche> #info Some mailing-list traffic, with no strong opposition
16:55:26 <djmitche> #info but no firm plan yet
16:56:58 <sa2ajj> gimme this week to look at it
16:57:06 <djmitche> awesome
16:57:16 <sa2ajj> (if no updates next meeting, then we'll need another hero)
16:57:24 <tardyp> eheh
16:57:27 <InitHello> 9 next week? Sweet.
16:57:30 <djmitche> it seems there are a bunch of interested people so plenty of room for collaboration
16:57:51 <djmitche> OK, last topic on the list
16:58:03 <djmitche> tomprince: thanks for the note about TLS, I'm sure gracinet appreciates it
16:58:08 <djmitche> #topic PyCon @ HKI
16:58:21 <djmitche> sa2ajj: ^^ I think that was from you?
16:58:44 <sa2ajj> true
16:58:59 <sa2ajj> at the end of october we have a pycon at hki, anybody comes?
16:59:32 <djmitche> helsinki, right?
16:59:38 <sa2ajj> the talks (http://fi.pycon.org/2016/#talks) do not look that impressive, meeting people does
16:59:42 <djmitche> not a good date for me, but boy that sounds fun
16:59:56 <djmitche> I need to go, I'm sorry all
17:00:00 <djmitche> pierre if you can wrap up?
17:00:46 <tardyp> I think we can end the meeting
17:00:57 <tardyp> #endmeeting