16:30:40 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:30:40 <bb-supy`> Meeting started Tue Oct 18 16:30:40 2016 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:30:40 <bb-supy`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:30:40 <bb-supy`> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:30:47 <djmitche> #topic introduction
16:31:07 <djmitche> agenda: https://titanpad.com/buildbot-agenda
16:31:18 <djmitche> frozen version: https://titanpad.com/ep/pad/view/buildbot-agenda/NkthXM4iSC
16:31:26 <djmitche> As a reminder, we'll be limiting this to 30 minutes
16:31:30 <tardyp> hi!
16:31:39 <djmitche> looks like sa2ajj can't make it today
16:31:42 <djmitche> hi!
16:31:46 <rutsky> hi!
16:31:55 <skelly> hi!
16:32:09 <djmitche> woo!
16:32:18 <jaredgrubb> hi!
16:32:19 <djmitche> anyone else want to chime in?
16:32:23 <djmitche> hey jaredgrubb haven't seen you in ages :)
16:32:41 <jaredgrubb> ive been around, just silent :)
16:32:47 <djmitche> #topic Week in review
16:32:48 <djmitche> gotcha
16:32:53 <djmitche> tardyp: ^^ want to summarize?
16:33:36 <tardyp> pretty quiet week
16:33:54 <tardyp> I worked on the SharedService
16:33:55 <bdbaddog> hi!
16:34:16 <tardyp> which can be used by latent workers to have a single service to access the backend
16:34:30 <tardyp> and this can also be used for http reporters to serialize report
16:34:46 * djmitche waves to bdbaddog
16:34:58 <djmitche> tardyp: so it is a kind of abstraction of latent slaves?
16:35:21 <tardyp> no its really a base for sharedservice
16:35:41 <tardyp> a service that can be instanciated by other services, and will only have one instance
16:35:49 <djmitche> ah, I see
16:36:11 <djmitche> #info Pierre worked on SharedService:  a service that can be instanciated by other services, and will only have one instance
16:36:11 <tardyp> also more and more of our CI is on the travis instance
16:36:23 <djmitche> the buildbot_travis instance?
16:36:28 <tardyp> yes
16:36:54 <tardyp> there are still some instabilities. I think sometimes the worker get killed by the OOM killer
16:37:01 <tardyp> and buildbot does not like that
16:37:08 <tardyp> so I need to try to reproduce
16:37:43 <tardyp> I am continuing my work with the hyper team, and we will be publishing some blog posts about hyper and buildbot integrations
16:37:52 <djmitche> great!
16:38:06 <djmitche> #info more and more buildbot testing is performed in the buildbot_travis instance
16:38:13 <djmitche> #info and more collaboration with Hyper.sh
16:38:16 <djmitche> cool!
16:38:23 <djmitche> I don't think there are any changes on release..
16:38:39 <djmitche> #topic Moving irc logs to botbot.me
16:38:54 <tardyp> I think we should publish 0.9.1 as soon as we have this last hyper bug fixed
16:39:06 <tardyp> so that the improvements for latent worker are published
16:39:08 <djmitche> #undo
16:39:08 <bb-supy`> Removing item from minutes: <ircmeeting.items.Topic object at 0x8068b0e10>
16:39:13 <djmitche> #topic Releases
16:39:16 <djmitche> that sounds good
16:39:32 <rutsky> Jack Grigg replied --- he may help with data export
16:39:41 <djmitche> #info planning a 0.9.1 release after hyper-related bug is fixed, to be able to provide latent worker fixes and improvements
16:39:45 <rutsky> oh
16:39:50 <djmitche> I'm all in favor of shipping 0.9.{1, ..} quickly :)
16:39:54 <djmitche> it's OK :)
16:39:55 <rutsky> I'm waiting for botbot topic :)
16:40:04 <djmitche> #topic moving irc logs to botbot.me
16:40:09 <rutsky> Jack Grigg replied --- he may help with data export
16:40:13 <djmitche> http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/2853
16:40:18 <djmitche> that's awesome
16:40:22 <rutsky> also, data is stored in SQL database, so no parsing needed
16:40:33 <djmitche> even better :)
16:40:34 <rutsky> botbot.me guys have not replied
16:40:37 <djmitche> ok
16:40:47 <rutsky> I need to resend them letter/try other communication channel
16:40:49 <djmitche> #info JackGrigg has indicated an export is possible (in SQL format, so no parsing required)
16:41:10 <djmitche> #info no word yet from botbot.me regarding import
16:41:20 <djmitche> thanks for continuing to push on that rutsky
16:41:31 <djmitche> #topic Trac -> Github migration
16:41:31 <rutsky> glad to help :)
16:41:42 <djmitche> http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3623
16:42:08 <tardyp> sa2ajj did a fair amount of investigation on that topic
16:42:23 <tardyp> which is written in the bug
16:42:43 <tardyp> I think he has a good plan
16:43:05 <djmitche> In summary, it looks like we would export some information into the github tickets
16:43:11 <djmitche> and keep pointers forward from the Trac to Github tickets
16:43:38 <tardyp> yes, and he found a way to try and map users to gh users
16:43:39 <djmitche> and only migrate open, modern tickets (so milestones that haven't been released yet)
16:43:43 <djmitche> that's awesome
16:44:06 <djmitche> converting formatting is still an open question
16:44:23 <djmitche> #info detailed plan is in the bug -- please comment with your concerns!
16:44:31 <tardyp> I think pandoc is quite easy for that
16:44:39 <djmitche> I think the implication is that we'd leave Trac running in read-only mode after this
16:45:09 <tardyp> yep
16:45:14 <djmitche> yeah, I'm all 👍 to this plan :)
16:45:19 <djmitche> other comments?
16:46:01 <jaredgrubb> Sounds good to me! :)
16:46:22 <djmitche> #topic PyCon Finland
16:46:26 <djmitche> http://fi.pycon.org/2016/?#schedule
16:46:29 <djmitche> #info coming up end of October
16:46:45 <djmitche> .. any other business?
16:47:38 <djmitche> . o O { 3.. 2.. }
16:47:42 <tardyp> i dont think
16:47:42 <djmitche> #endmeeting