16:30:14 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:30:14 <bb-supy`> Meeting started Tue Oct 25 16:30:14 2016 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:30:14 <bb-supy`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:30:14 <bb-supy`> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:30:25 <djmitche> #topic Introduction
16:30:45 <djmitche> https://titanpad.com/buildbot-agenda
16:30:58 * sa2ajj waves
16:30:58 <djmitche> roll call?
16:31:01 <djmitche> hey!
16:31:12 <djmitche> sa2ajj: do you want to talk a little about 0.8.x releases later?
16:31:21 <sa2ajj> yes, i do
16:31:23 <djmitche> cool
16:32:30 <djmitche> OK
16:32:39 <tardyp> Hi
16:32:43 <djmitche> great :)
16:32:48 <djmitche> #topic Development week in review
16:32:54 <djmitche> what' new this week?
16:33:09 <tardyp> Having internet connection right now
16:33:16 * sa2ajj . o O (yay!)
16:33:17 <tardyp> Writing from my phone
16:33:28 <djmitche> ok
16:33:34 * sa2ajj . o O (NSA provides free backups, btw...)
16:34:55 <sa2ajj> i did not follow the development this week
16:35:01 <djmitche> I think most of the first few options were for Pierre
16:35:05 <djmitche> well, let's talk releases
16:35:06 <djmitche> #undo
16:35:06 <bb-supy`> Removing item from minutes: <ircmeeting.items.Topic object at 0x806954290>
16:35:08 <sa2ajj> i *think* i merged a change for 0.8.x
16:35:09 <djmitche> #topic Releases
16:35:34 * sa2ajj has a vacation starting Thu for a week and whatever left from this week
16:35:50 <sa2ajj> i'll make 0.8.14p1 during that time
16:35:55 <djmitche> great!
16:36:06 * sa2ajj will do it this time :/
16:36:10 <djmitche> #info sa2ajj planning to make an 0.8.14p1 release in the next week or so
16:36:26 <djmitche> is that .p1 containing the merged change? if so, should it be 0.8.15?
16:36:58 <sa2ajj> not "so", but by 5th of nov
16:37:31 <sa2ajj> i'll review the changes, by the next meeting here
16:37:41 <djmitche> ok, great
16:37:55 * sa2ajj waits for an #info/action
16:37:58 <tardyp> It looks like my connection is more stable now
16:38:20 <djmitche> #action sa2ajj will make a new 0.8.x release
16:38:23 <djmitche> there :)
16:38:27 <djmitche> tardyp: want to talk about Hyper?
16:38:37 <tardyp> yep
16:38:37 <djmitche> #topic Hyper.sh coordinated release
16:38:55 <tardyp> So this week we had a "big" annoucement with hyper.
16:39:26 <tardyp> I dont know how much impact this actually had, as we were also in an activity raise due to the nine release.
16:39:26 <tomprince> Hello.
16:39:42 <djmitche> #info Buildbot made a big, coordinated announcement with Hyper.sh this week
16:39:43 <tardyp> I think this contributes to the constant stream of news around buildbot
16:40:02 <djmitche> it's all good for Buildbot anyway!
16:40:06 <djmitche> tomprince: hi! :)
16:40:17 <tardyp> We saw an increase of 20% of the docker installs this week
16:40:32 <sa2ajj> impressive
16:40:44 <djmitche> #info leading to a 20% increase in docker installs
16:40:49 <djmitche> so this is definitely good for BB visibility
16:41:07 <tardyp> We saw an increase of 20% of the docker installs this week
16:41:33 <djmitche> have there been irc or ML questions relating to it?
16:41:35 <tardyp> from 26 to 36 installs per week
16:41:48 <tardyp> none unfortunatly
16:42:07 <djmitche> hm, well, there's still time :)
16:42:13 <skelly> maybe it's just been flawless instead
16:42:32 <tardyp> yes :)
16:42:34 <djmitche> haha
16:43:04 <tardyp> I've merged a few fixes for hyper this week, and then we have quite a good stable metabuildbot
16:43:05 <sa2ajj> flawless indeed
16:43:13 <djmitche> this collaboration is awesome
16:43:15 <tardyp> so we should be good to go for 0.9.1
16:43:19 <djmitche> tardyp++ :)
16:43:21 <djmitche> ok!
16:43:23 <tardyp> :)
16:43:41 <djmitche> #info Hyper fixes, latent improvements, among others, will go into a 0.9.1 release soon
16:43:43 <djmitche> ok
16:43:47 <djmitche> #topic irc log migration
16:44:03 <tardyp> benallard: and myselves have been working on fixing the email formater
16:44:05 <djmitche> last update on http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/2853 is from rutsky saying no word back from botbot.me
16:44:23 <tardyp> which was not really tested, so this is kuddos to benallard for making a very good quality contrib
16:44:26 <djmitche> oh, good, that seems a popular feature
16:44:29 <djmitche> awesome!
16:44:35 <djmitche> Ben just can't stay away from BB :)
16:45:08 <djmitche> #info Still waiting to hear back from botbot.me about importing
16:45:21 <djmitche> #topic Pyup.io
16:45:27 <djmitche> sa2ajj: was this something you added?
16:46:09 * sa2ajj checks pyup.io...
16:46:24 <tardyp> I didn't
16:46:24 <djmitche> #info pyup monitors python dependencies and submits pull requests to use newer versions of dependencies when they are released
16:46:31 <djmitche> #info sort of like greenkeeper for Python
16:46:33 <sa2ajj> nah :/
16:46:58 <tardyp> we do pip install -U in the PRs
16:47:04 <djmitche> yeah
16:47:12 <tomprince> There is also requires.io or something? I thing that is more common?
16:47:14 <tardyp> I wanted to do a pip install -U --pre in order to catch rc issues
16:47:15 <djmitche> this would at least get us a new PR right away when a dependency was upgraded
16:47:21 <djmitche> rather than noticing on the next user's PR
16:47:40 <tomprince> At least, I've heard of requires.io and not pyup
16:47:43 <djmitche> tomprince: yeah, that sounds familiar
16:47:44 <sa2ajj> if there's a PR, that's good
16:48:01 <sa2ajj> if there isn't... that's when that might be useful...
16:48:01 <djmitche> well, without an advocate for it, it sounds like the general consensus is "meh"
16:48:35 <tardyp> the problem is that we need to manage requirement.txt file
16:48:55 <tardyp> and also probably there will be issues with the fact that we have several package per github repo
16:48:55 <tomprince> One thing about buildbot, is that it doesn't have tight bound on dependencies, unlike many applications.
16:49:13 <djmitche> right
16:49:17 <tardyp> indeed
16:49:41 <djmitche> I think this would address the issue where either new users, or new contributors, see failures due to new dependencies
16:49:54 <djmitche> so minimal value
16:50:16 * sa2ajj vaguely nods...
16:50:19 <djmitche> do we have general agreement that without a champion, we'll let this one go?
16:50:20 <tardyp> yes. we are here to tell them those are not coming from their code
16:50:31 <tardyp> yes
16:50:50 <tardyp> that said I like the idea of a changesource for dependencies
16:51:24 <djmitche> #agreed without a champion, we'll let this one go
16:51:26 <sa2ajj> for the after-the-meeting: what do you think about https://gist.github.com/sa2ajj/8af23c89e8700df292d4cd100ecb173a
16:51:32 <djmitche> #topic trac -> github
16:51:45 <djmitche> http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3623
16:51:46 <sa2ajj> i have a few bits in pieces while tryikng
16:51:53 <sa2ajj> s/kng/ng/g
16:52:23 <sa2ajj> i'll put them together and submit a branch, which will be referenced in the ticket above
16:52:24 <tomprince> sa2ajj: How is that different than setting flunkOnFailure?
16:52:41 <djmitche> sa2ajj: sounds good
16:52:51 <sa2ajj> *several* steps may be run before it fails
16:52:59 <sa2ajj> tomprince: ^^
16:53:07 <djmitche> sa2ajj: oh, wait, I'm confused -- a branch of what?
16:53:09 <tomprince> flunkOnFailure doesn't stop the build.
16:53:13 <tomprince> haltOnFailure does.
16:53:21 <tomprince> They can be set independently.
16:53:42 <sa2ajj> true, however i want to have a point when i *halt* the build if any of the above failed....
16:53:54 <sa2ajj> see my mail to users@
16:54:16 <tomprince> Would it make sense to just have a HaltOnFlunkedBuild step then?
16:54:57 <sa2ajj> so it's either a new flag or a new step. i'm kinda inclined to the latter...
16:54:58 <InitHello> on the surface, I think that it would not
16:55:02 <tomprince> Anyway, this is probably better discussed after the meeting.
16:55:13 <djmitche> that's in just 5 minutes :)
16:55:13 <InitHello> oh, meeting ongoing. Shutting up now.
16:55:25 <djmitche> sa2ajj: a branch of what repo, for the git -> trac?
16:55:29 <sa2ajj> InitHello: no, please speak up
16:55:38 <sa2ajj> buildbot/trac2gh
16:56:05 <djmitche> ok
16:56:22 <djmitche> #info sa2ajj will create a branch with some transition code soon
16:56:29 <djmitche> last bit then
16:56:31 <sa2ajj> and update the ticket
16:56:38 <djmitche> #info and update the ticket :)
16:56:46 <djmitche> #topic Pycon HKI!
16:57:04 * sa2ajj goes: company pays
16:57:35 <djmitche> #info coming up this weekend!
16:57:51 <djmitche> anything else to add?
16:58:04 <sa2ajj> if *any* bbolders come, i'd join the social event on sun
16:58:11 <sa2ajj> otherwise -- no
16:58:42 <djmitche> ok
16:58:50 <djmitche> #info catch up with sa2ajj if you are at the event!
16:58:57 <djmitche> any other business?
16:58:59 * sa2ajj nods
16:59:07 <sa2ajj> re line-1
16:59:51 <djmitche> #endmeeting