16:30:16 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:30:16 <bb-supy`> Meeting started Tue Nov  1 16:30:16 2016 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:30:16 <bb-supy`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:30:16 <bb-supy`> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:30:30 <tardyp> Hey. It's holiday today. I won't be able to attend the meeting from a keyboard
16:31:04 <djmitche> ok
16:31:11 <djmitche> #topic Introduction
16:31:13 <djmitche> https://titanpad.com/buildbot-agenda
16:31:30 <djmitche> who else is around?
16:31:51 <tomprince> I'm not here.
16:31:53 <tomprince> ;)
16:33:13 <djmitche> haha, ok
16:34:15 <djmitche> #topic Releases
16:34:21 <djmitche> sa2ajj: you around? progress on 0.8.14p1?
16:34:52 * djmitche dealing with an incident at the same time
16:35:59 <tomprince> Seems like perhaps nobody is around?
16:36:09 <tardyp> I want to release 0.9.1 this week
16:36:09 <tomprince> Maybe just cancel the meeting?
16:36:15 <tardyp> Maybe
16:36:35 <tardyp> There has been since activity this week though
16:36:46 <djmitche> tomprince: I'm leaning that way, yes
16:37:03 <tardyp> A bunch of new users creating good bugs
16:37:10 <djmitche> #info Pierre would like to do a 0.9.1 release this week
16:37:16 <djmitche> #info Getting a good influx of bugs from new users
16:37:18 <tardyp> And asking Good questions
16:37:22 <skelly> tardyp: I have some fixes to the Stash reported I want included in 0.9.1, though I need to write those fixes first ;)
16:37:26 <djmitche> that's great, positive momentum
16:37:30 <djmitche> haha
16:37:41 <skelly> reporter*
16:38:01 <tardyp> OK I can wait a bit
16:38:16 <tardyp> I wished I could include SSL in that release
16:38:26 <tomprince> skelly: Any reason it can't wait for 0.9.2?
16:38:29 <skelly> no
16:38:56 <skelly> but when will that be released?
16:38:58 <tomprince> It seems reasonable to just have relatively frequent release, rather than delaying releases for specific features.
16:39:06 <tomprince> But, I'm not the one doing releases.
16:39:07 <djmitche> yes, I'd prefer that
16:39:09 <tardyp> Right
16:39:29 <skelly> I'm fine with that but Buildbot hasn't traditionally; doing so would be nice
16:40:29 <djmitche> ok
16:40:45 <djmitche> I don't think there's any update on github migration or irc logs, right?
16:40:50 <djmitche> rutsky__ & sa2ajj
16:40:57 <tomprince> If 0.9.1 is release this week, then we'd be at ~1/month for 0.9.
16:41:08 <tomprince> Not sure if tardyp plans to keep up a similiar cadence.
16:41:16 <tomprince> Probably depends a bit on activity.
16:41:29 <wangofett> Do I have to use `command='thing foo ${BAR}'` style commands to use environment variables?
16:41:55 <djmitche> yeah
16:42:13 <djmitche> #info Discussion of release cadence -- a 0.9.1 now would be roughly 1/mo
16:42:27 <skelly> for reference, Jenkins does ~weekly
16:43:03 <djmitche> that ends up being a lot of work, at least the way we do releases
16:44:13 <tomprince> Seems like that would be something worthwhile fixing in anycase?
16:45:43 <djmitche> yes
16:45:59 <djmitche> and things might be easier now
16:46:28 <djmitche> ok, I'm clearly pretty distracted
16:46:30 <djmitche> shall we wrap?
16:47:04 <tomprince> #info Consider automating more of the release process.
16:49:51 <tardyp> A lot is already automated
16:51:09 <dol-sen> tardyp, I should get some code for you once I remember what code it was you suggested I make a PR for
16:52:17 <dol-sen> I might have to go thru the irc log :/
16:52:39 <djmitche> we can get an export of that for you! :)
16:53:03 <dol-sen> I have them here too
16:53:40 <djmitche> ok
16:53:45 <dol-sen> it was a variable we needed to access that should be better as an api
16:53:54 <dol-sen> tiny patch to make
16:53:59 <djmitche> #endmeeting