16:30:47 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:30:47 <bb-supy`> Meeting started Tue Nov  8 16:30:47 2016 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:30:47 <bb-supy`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:30:47 <bb-supy`> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:30:55 <djmitche> I am here!
16:31:05 <djmitche> #topic Introduction
16:31:09 <djmitche> https://titanpad.com/buildbot-agenda
16:31:18 <djmitche> who else is participating?
16:31:29 <skelly> I'm here
16:31:46 <djmitche> #nick tarydp
16:32:01 <djmitche> #topic Week in Review
16:32:05 <djmitche> tardyp: ^^
16:32:26 <tardyp> This was the 0.9.1 week
16:32:55 <tardyp> We continue to see a lot of new user activity
16:33:44 <djmitche> awesome
16:33:55 <tardyp> Some more or less minor fixes send to the http reporters
16:33:58 <djmitche> and things are generally positive?
16:34:00 <djmitche> cool
16:34:27 <tardyp> I think so. There is some frustration on some features that are not ported yet
16:34:47 <djmitche> ok, that might be a good creative tension :)
16:34:48 <tardyp> so I added a note in the trac2github bug, so that we can have a label for such bugs
16:34:57 <djmitche> oh, I like that
16:35:06 <tardyp> as its not very easy to find out which features are not supported
16:35:16 <tardyp> apart from asking us
16:35:20 <djmitche> right
16:35:26 <djmitche> it's sort of documented, but that's hard to find
16:35:37 <pigeons> i think its not supported the web interface that's keeping me back. another thing we use is the shields
16:35:51 <djmitche> #info 0.9.1 out this week, with lots of new-user activity and feedback
16:35:56 <pigeons> i mean its the old web interface not being available
16:36:07 <djmitche> pigeons: the new web UI doesn't work well for you?
16:36:23 <pigeons> users like the simplicity and no js of the old one
16:36:31 <djmitche> heh
16:36:50 <tomprince> It'd be possible to implement a server-side UI, probably.
16:36:56 <pigeons> yeah i think so
16:36:58 <tardyp> so this is clear that the old UI will never be available as is.
16:37:07 <tomprince> At the very least as a frontend that talks to the buildbot API.
16:37:08 <tardyp> but it is possible to create a server side UI indeed
16:37:09 <djmitche> with a separate server that talks to the masters via API
16:37:09 <djmitche> yeah
16:37:23 <tomprince> I don't think it will likely be included in buildbot itself.
16:37:35 <tardyp> no, but as a plugin why not
16:37:57 <pigeons> also losing old reference of builds in the db upgrade isnt being looked forward to fondly
16:38:25 <tardyp> there is no db upgrade
16:38:25 <djmitche> #info 0.8.x features that are missing in 0.9.x are causing some unhappiness
16:38:40 <pigeons> oops sorry i didnt notice you were in a meeting
16:38:43 <tardyp> db upgrade from 0.8 to 0.9 is prevented by the migration script
16:38:45 <djmitche> pigeons: I think there's the possibility to write an exporter / importer pair
16:38:49 <djmitche> pigeons: it's OK, good feedback
16:39:07 <tardyp> yes
16:39:23 <tardyp> so thats it for the weekly review
16:39:24 <djmitche> ok
16:39:37 <djmitche> do we have updates on botbot.me?
16:39:42 <djmitche> #topic irc logs move to botbot.me
16:40:05 <tardyp> rutsky_: is managing this, but I dont think he is here today
16:40:36 <djmitche> yep
16:40:40 <djmitche> #info no update
16:40:46 <djmitche> #topic move from trac to github
16:41:00 <djmitche> #info http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3623
16:41:13 <tardyp> I think sa2ajj worked on it.
16:41:22 <tardyp> and had good results in converting the text
16:41:33 <tardyp> I didn't see the script on how he is doing it
16:41:44 <djmitche> yeah, I like the updates I'm seeing on the bug
16:41:45 <tardyp> if he is using babel like we said, or if he found another thing
16:41:46 <slondono> one thing to add to this topic, is that I have been trying to sign up for the past 2 days to trac and the captcha has not allowed me to
16:42:04 <djmitche> #info Trac is again rejecting new signups
16:42:13 <tardyp> slondono: you have to talk to verm__ so that he whitelist your nick
16:42:14 <slondono> I've tried several browsers, thus the move might get rid of issues like this (as it would be handled by github)
16:42:23 <tardyp> some nicks are considered spam whatever you do
16:42:29 <slondono> thanks tardyp
16:42:35 <tardyp> you can also change nick
16:42:48 <slondono> will give that a try
16:43:03 <djmitche> ok
16:43:23 <djmitche> #topic is https://pyup.io/ useful?
16:43:39 <djmitche> we talked a little about this last week, but iirc didn't really finish
16:43:45 <djmitche> it's like greenkeeper for python
16:44:00 <tardyp> I think we concluded it wasn't very useful
16:44:04 <djmitche> ok
16:44:11 <tardyp> as we are not using frozen requirements
16:44:17 <djmitche> right
16:44:24 <djmitche> this sounds familiar :)
16:44:30 <djmitche> ok, I should have taken this off the list last week
16:44:48 <djmitche> #info discussed this last week -- not too useful for buidlbot since we allow a large range of versions and do not freeze requirements.txt
16:44:54 <djmitche> any other business?
16:44:57 <tardyp> MOSS?
16:45:09 <djmitche> #topic MOSS
16:45:11 <djmitche> go ahead :)
16:45:28 <tardyp> I think I've seen some messages on botherders about it
16:46:00 <tardyp> Looks like rutsky_ is making progress on the paperwork to get the bounty
16:46:09 <djmitche> yes, I'll be glad to see that wrapped up
16:46:20 <djmitche> bill is doing an interview with Gerv
16:46:24 <djmitche> #info bill is doing an interview with Gerv
16:46:38 <djmitche> #info the other bounty remains un-attempted
16:46:40 <tardyp> for the second project. I think I did most of the work for 0.9.1 as part of my work on the LatentWorkers
16:46:50 <djmitche> oh!
16:46:54 <djmitche> do you want to claim the bounty?
16:47:00 <tardyp> I dont want to claim the bounty, but donate it to buildbot
16:47:14 <djmitche> OK
16:47:26 <djmitche> let's take that up on the botherders list -- Gerv may have opinions on that :)
16:47:30 <tardyp> ok.
16:47:32 <djmitche> but I love the sentiment!
16:47:52 <djmitche> you're a marvel, tardyp  :)
16:48:17 <djmitche> ok, I think that's a wrap?
16:48:17 <tardyp> the french taxes and paperwrk are quite important so I would prefer the whole money is used for the buildbot project as we dont have Gsoc funding anymore
16:48:30 <djmitche> right
16:49:17 <tardyp> So I'll raise that on botherders list
16:49:28 <djmitche> awesome, thanks
16:49:42 <djmitche> #endmeeting