16:30:01 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:30:01 <bb-supy`> Meeting started Tue Nov 29 16:30:01 2016 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:30:01 <bb-supy`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:30:01 <bb-supy`> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:30:21 <djmitche> #topic Introduction
16:30:24 <djmitche> hey everyone! :)
16:30:26 <djmitche> https://titanpad.com/buildbot-agenda
16:30:26 <skybot_rmk> djmitche: sa2ajj linked that 21 hours, 11 minutes ago.
16:30:34 <skelly> heh
16:30:39 <rutsky> hi!
16:30:46 <djmitche> hi! :)
16:30:52 <bb-github> [13buildbot] 15seankelly commented on issue #2521: Seems like it would be better to reset `qrefs` to `{}`. On line 93, `self.qrefs` is checked to see if it's None but on line 96 it's assumed to be a dict anyway.... 02https://git.io/v1mIG
16:31:11 <tardyp> hihi
16:31:34 <djmitche> ok
16:31:40 <djmitche> #topic Development Week in Review
16:31:42 <djmitche> what's new?
16:32:23 <tardyp> This week was quite quiet
16:32:24 <bb-github> [13buildbot] 15tardyp commented on pull request #2514 142c4031b: There is a fake docker client, which is what is called.... 02https://git.io/v1mIN
16:32:37 <djmitche> looks like it from the summary :)
16:32:59 <djmitche> were there any releases?
16:33:03 <djmitche> sa2ajj: you around?
16:33:21 <tardyp> sa2ajj: wanted to discuss about coverity scans
16:33:50 <tardyp> he started a scan, and found to silly bugs
16:33:59 <tardyp> in the error check path
16:34:02 <djmitche> yeah
16:34:07 <djmitche> i was wondering about 0.8.x releases too
16:34:39 <tardyp> I think the winter timing for this meeting does not work very well for him
16:34:53 <djmitche> yeah
16:35:03 <djmitche> #action djmitche to send email about rescheduling meeting
16:35:19 <bb-github> [13buildbot] 15sa2ajj commented on pull request #2518 148294ab2: Another thought: for e.g dan who as 4000 builders, that mapping would be painful to write.... 02https://git.io/v1LbK
16:35:39 <tomprince> Id be happy with that.
16:35:46 <djmitche> hehe, ok
16:36:00 <djmitche> me too -- I'm in another meeting now too
16:36:30 <tardyp> works for me.
16:36:34 <bb-github> [13buildbot] 15tardyp commented on issue #2521: I think the real fix is to set it to {} on connectionLost 02https://git.io/v1mtk
16:36:38 <djmitche> He's got the context on github isssues too, I think
16:36:47 <djmitche> heh, and coverity
16:37:10 <skelly> he's commenting on github so should be available
16:37:26 <tomprince> Is there someway to not give coverity access to private repos? Or maybe buildbot doesn't have any, so that isn't an issue.
16:37:58 <tardyp> tomprince: there arn't private repos afaik
16:38:22 <djmitche> correct
16:38:23 * sa2ajj is around...
16:38:27 <djmitche> yay!
16:38:36 <djmitche> sa2ajj: so, a few questions:
16:38:38 <sa2ajj> (sorry)
16:38:41 <djmitche> no worries
16:38:47 <djmitche> what's the plan with 0.8.x releases?
16:39:27 <tomprince> Still, it would be nice if we didn't give them that access.
16:39:27 <sa2ajj> until the end of the year i'm on my special office attendance schedule :) fris (+sats, +suns) are days off :)
16:39:58 <sa2ajj> i'll look at the 0.8.x release on the friday and most likely will make it during the coming weekend
16:40:08 <tardyp> cool!
16:40:15 <sa2ajj> and i will this time
16:41:40 <sa2ajj> is nothing is discussed or i got disconnected?
16:41:53 <skelly> still there
16:41:56 * sa2ajj . o O (my bad english again)
16:41:59 <djmitche> sorry
16:42:00 <djmitche> next up
16:42:11 <djmitche> #topic Trac -> Github issue migration
16:42:17 * sa2ajj needs to switch back to quassel :/
16:42:28 <sa2ajj> migration was a bit on hiatus
16:42:58 <djmitche> ok, should we stop checking in about it?
16:43:03 <sa2ajj> basically i run a couple of times the script and it created a number of issues (sorry to those who got spammed) and the results we kinda strange
16:43:09 <sa2ajj> no, no, no!
16:43:32 <sa2ajj> we need to keep checking on it to make sure that the things are migrated smoothly
16:43:37 <sa2ajj> my next steps are:
16:43:53 <sa2ajj> * stop spamming github users for trial runs
16:43:56 <djmitche> #info script has been run a few times, and identified some strange results
16:44:14 <sa2ajj> * make sure that we capture all the ticket contributors in the issues
16:44:21 <sa2ajj> * run the final migration
16:44:36 <djmitche> #info next steps: stop spamming for trial runs, ensure all contributors are captured in issues, and run the final migration
16:44:39 <djmitche> awesome
16:44:43 <sa2ajj> #info the strange results are mostly why single letter users appear there
16:45:20 <sa2ajj> i think thought that we need to enable issues @ gh already
16:45:31 <sa2ajj> s/thought/though/
16:45:41 <djmitche> I assume we could just ignore the "sandbox" repo to stop the spam?
16:45:49 <sa2ajj> true
16:46:06 * djmitche did so
16:46:40 <sa2ajj> i'd appreciate though any comments re the ticket content (one ticket review w/ comments should be enough)
16:47:01 <djmitche> link?
16:47:30 <sa2ajj> any of the newest [closed] issues in the sandbox repo
16:47:40 <sa2ajj> what i want to keep:
16:47:45 <sa2ajj> * version
16:47:48 <sa2ajj> * summary
16:47:52 <sa2ajj> * description
16:47:58 <sa2ajj> * and the ticket contributors
16:48:04 <sa2ajj> files are bit too difficult :/
16:48:35 <sa2ajj> (and, of course, a link to the original ticket :))
16:48:37 <djmitche> https://github.com/buildbot/sandbox/issues/202
16:48:51 <djmitche> that one looks good to me
16:49:12 <sa2ajj> yes, that's a good example
16:49:34 <djmitche> sa2ajj: is it possible for the run to emit a list of tickets with attachments?
16:49:36 <tardyp> I think we should also migrate the comments
16:49:46 <tardyp> there are usually good info in there
16:50:00 <djmitche> actually, never mind, the link back is enough
16:50:04 <djmitche> yes re comments
16:51:16 <bb-trac> [trac] #3623/task (assigned) updated by sa2ajj (comments need to be taken into account as well!) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3623
16:51:31 <djmitche> ok, cool
16:51:40 <sa2ajj> next topic? :)
16:51:41 <djmitche> let's talk coverity then
16:51:45 <djmitche> #topic Coverity!
16:51:57 <djmitche> https://scan.coverity.com/projects/buildbot-buildbot?tab=overview
16:51:57 <skybot_rmk> djmitche: sa2ajj linked that 21 hours, 48 minutes ago.
16:52:14 <sa2ajj> whois skybot_rmk? :)
16:52:43 <sa2ajj> right, re coverity
16:52:44 <djmitche> not sure -- does anyone claim that bot?
16:53:08 <sa2ajj> i was checking coverity.com in the search of scan.coverity.com (an open source of interest for me)
16:53:10 <bdbaddog1> not mine.
16:53:47 <sa2ajj> and i noticed that coverity 8.5.x supports python (python2 as i learnt today while trying to analyse work related python3 code)
16:53:55 <bdbaddog1> I'm guessing sa2ajj had to approve my request to join the project.
16:54:09 <tardyp> I did ask too
16:54:11 <bdbaddog1> now there are 4 "Maintaiiner/owner"s who can approve such requests
16:54:17 <sa2ajj> bdbaddog1: i'm certain you are *already* approved as well as tardyp
16:54:21 <tomprince> We should stop giving coverity access to private repos (even if we don't currently have any)
16:54:27 <bdbaddog1> yes I'm approved.
16:54:51 <djmitche> tomprince: is that possible?
16:54:57 * sa2ajj is not sure :/
16:55:06 <djmitche> tomprince: could you look into it?
16:55:09 <bdbaddog1> I think that's a github thing.
16:55:15 * sa2ajj nods
16:55:20 <bdbaddog1> oauth2 permissions to a project.
16:55:44 <djmitche> yeah
16:55:51 <bdbaddog1> djmitche: approved..
16:55:53 <djmitche> github's roadmap suggests they are working on it
16:55:54 <djmitche> thanks!
16:56:05 <djmitche> sa2ajj: so we can't scan every push?
16:56:09 <sa2ajj> anyway, the list of questions i have is in the agenda
16:56:22 <sa2ajj> i'm not sure about each push
16:56:45 <sa2ajj> they have this FAQ:
16:56:50 <sa2ajj> Up to 12 builds per week, with a maximum of 3 builds per day, for projects with fewer than 100K lines of code
16:56:53 <sa2ajj> Up to   8 builds per week, with a maximum of 2 builds per day, for projects with 100K to 500K lines of code
16:56:56 <sa2ajj> Up to   4 builds per week, with a maximum of 1 build per day, for projects with 500K to 1 million lines of code
16:56:59 <sa2ajj> Up to   2 builds per week, with a maximum of 1 build per day, for projects with more than 1 million lines of code
16:57:02 <sa2ajj> ours is 100k to 500k
16:57:21 <djmitche> I wonder if we could do a nightly run?
16:57:24 <bdbaddog1> coverity takes a while to run (in my experience).. much longer than the rest of the build/test process.
16:57:25 <sa2ajj> s/FAQ/in the FAQ/
16:57:36 * sa2ajj nods
16:57:38 <djmitche> we're running out of time, too
16:57:54 <djmitche> should we defer this until next week?
16:58:03 <sa2ajj> anyway, the most important question do we want to put it public?
16:58:05 <djmitche> also: someone needs to run the meeting next week, but I'll put that in an email
16:58:16 <djmitche> the risk is disclosing a security issue, right?
16:58:24 <djmitche> otoh, most likely we'd disclose a risk in master, before release
16:58:45 <djmitche> so I'm OK with public
16:58:48 <sa2ajj> true, however they have some words about security risks...
16:58:50 <bb-github> [13buildbot] 15dominiquehunziker commented on issue #2514: I'm not sure we were talking about the same issue. Therefore, some quick changes such that we can discuss the code directly... 02https://git.io/v1mYQ
16:58:52 * sa2ajj is OK as well
16:58:56 <djmitche> ok
16:59:22 <djmitche> tbh I'd rather get the 0.8.x release shipped and github issues running first
16:59:29 <djmitche> but of course you should do what you're interested in :)
16:59:35 <bdbaddog1> -1 on automatic public disclosure.
16:59:37 <sa2ajj> i was really surprised by the results of the initial analysis: we do a really good job in maintaining bb :)
16:59:51 <djmitche> testing++
17:00:09 <djmitche> also, in my experience with Amanda, coverity finds some surprisingly subtle, but mostly ultimately meaningless bugs
17:00:09 <sa2ajj> djmitche: noted
17:00:18 <djmitche> ok
17:00:23 <bdbaddog1> yes lots of strange corner cases.
17:00:31 <djmitche> let's wrap up for today
17:00:41 <djmitche> we can revisit next week
17:00:46 <djmitche> #endmeeting