16:59:56 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:59:56 <bb-supy> Meeting started Tue Dec 13 16:59:56 2016 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:59:56 <bb-supy> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:59:56 <bb-supy> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
17:00:17 <djmitche> interesting -- time is off by a few seconds
17:00:24 <djmitche> #topic Introductions
17:00:24 <tardyp> damn
17:00:31 <djmitche> https://titanpad.com/buildbot-agenda
17:00:47 <tardyp> So we got djmitche and tardyp
17:01:08 <djmitche> we're sticking to the 30-minute schedule
17:01:10 <tardyp> We got a message from sa2ajj that he is very busy this week, so he wont be able to report
17:01:13 <djmitche> who else is here?
17:01:14 <djmitche> ah, ok
17:01:37 <tardyp> skelly: was there a few minutes ago
17:01:45 <verm__> i'm here for a little bit
17:01:55 <tardyp> hey nice to see u again
17:01:55 <djmitche> great!
17:02:00 <djmitche> #topic Week in Review
17:02:07 <verm__> hey tardyp
17:02:10 <djmitche> so aside from the release, what's new this week?
17:02:29 <tardyp> So this week we got a bunch of PR for bitbucket
17:02:47 <tardyp> oauth, changehook, and lots of discussion on how to correctly support it
17:03:03 <skelly> mostly here
17:03:39 <djmitche> #info Lots of improvements to bitbucket support
17:04:37 <tardyp> also some support for readonly restriction on the REST api, which is in 0.9.2, but needs a bbit more documentation
17:04:44 <djmitche> oh, that's great!
17:04:56 <djmitche> #info Improvement for read-only REST API
17:05:02 <djmitche> cool!
17:05:08 <djmitche> #topic Releases
17:05:16 <djmitche> so 0.9.2 is out :) .. do tell!
17:05:21 <tardyp> on the maintainance thread I've worked a bit on our docker worker so that we can move more stuff to bbtravis
17:05:22 <skelly> and update the topic :)
17:05:32 <tardyp> oh I forgot that one
17:06:01 <tardyp> We got some new e2e tests from david one of my teamates
17:06:12 <djmitche> oh, excellent
17:06:16 <tardyp> this discovered some regressions, and I had to fix those
17:06:32 <tardyp> like the need for pyopenssl for mail reporter, which is not needed
17:07:20 <tardyp> So this is now fixed, and 0.9.2 is there now, even if I though it could be there earlier
17:07:32 <djmitche> #info improvements to internal testing: better docker image for bbtest, more e2e tests from david
17:07:33 <tardyp> I also enhanced a bit the release scripts with towncrier
17:07:54 <djmitche> #info now using towncrier for release notes, which will reduce merge conflicts and help ensure every change is recorded
17:08:26 <tardyp> I just go sms from gracinet saying he would have liked to be able to join but couldn't,
17:08:44 <tardyp> and he planned to restart the work on SSL this week
17:09:29 <djmitche> awesome, I wondered where that had gone
17:09:37 <djmitche> sounds like a busy week!
17:09:50 <djmitche> #info 0.9.2 released just a few hours ago
17:09:51 <tardyp> pretty much yes
17:10:07 <djmitche> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/buildbot/0.9.2
17:11:03 <djmitche> #topic Mail Issues
17:11:14 <tardyp> I also got bounced from users@
17:11:14 <djmitche> So I was informed i was unsubscribed from botherders and sysadmins due to bounces
17:11:18 <djmitche> :(
17:11:24 <tardyp> or at least missed some of the emails
17:11:39 <djmitche> verm__: ^^ maybe there are bounces recorded for pierre?
17:11:52 <tardyp> I think there is some instabilities in our smtp server
17:12:04 <tardyp> I would expect to see bounces for everybody
17:13:14 <tardyp> I dont use tardyp@buildbot.net. this sends to my @gmail.com
17:13:23 <djmitche> yeah, I'm worried if we're shedding 5% of our users a month or something
17:13:36 <tardyp> agreed
17:13:38 <djmitche> so @gmail is subscribed to the list directly?
17:13:42 <tardyp> yes
17:13:44 <djmitche> ok
17:14:03 <tardyp> so can't be the gmail smtp..
17:14:36 <verm__> djmitche: hmm
17:14:45 <verm__> i resubscribed you and i will be checking the logs
17:14:56 <verm__> unfortunatly mailman nukes all the good logs when the user is unsubscribed
17:15:14 <djmitche> yeah
17:15:20 <djmitche> sounds like tardyp is bouncing but not yet unsubscribed
17:15:23 <djmitche> so a good place to check
17:15:25 <verm__> on devel?
17:15:28 <tardyp> there might be some info in http://syslog.buildbot.net/
17:15:28 <djmitche> users
17:15:29 <verm__> users i think he said one sec
17:16:39 <tardyp> https://syslog.buildbot.net/app/kibana#/discover?_g=(refreshInterval:(display:Off,pause:!f,value:0),time:(from:now-7d,mode:quick,to:now))&_a=(columns:!(_source),index:'logstash-*',interval:auto,query:(query_string:(analyze_wildcard:!t,query:bounce)),sort:!('@timestamp',desc))
17:17:49 <verm__> there is nothing special in the logs
17:18:00 <verm__> i will look more tonight/tomorrow
17:18:12 <tardyp> ok thanks!
17:18:25 <tardyp> topic botbotme?
17:18:27 <verm__> when did you get the notice?
17:18:33 <rutsky> hi!
17:18:41 <tardyp> oh! hi rutsky
17:18:53 <djmitche> verm__: now that I know this isn't just me I'm a lot more concerned about it
17:18:54 <tardyp> I was about to repeat what you mailed me last week
17:19:04 <djmitche> but, yes, let's move on for now :)
17:19:08 <rutsky> no update on botbotme, which means IMO, that using hosted botbotme is unreliable
17:19:14 <djmitche> #topic botbot.me
17:19:21 <tardyp> I got some bounce email last month also
17:19:28 <djmitche> #info no update from botbot.me
17:19:38 <rutsky> tardyp: have you found who tried to register #buildbot on botbot.me?
17:19:39 <djmitche> #info so switching there is probably not a good idea
17:19:55 <tardyp> the full info is that he did try to register, but it says somebody already registered and its pending
17:20:13 <tardyp> but nobody knows who actually tried it (maybe its me I dont remember)
17:20:24 <tardyp> and the support does not respond
17:20:35 <rutsky> also our current logger (jack griggs') is down for n-th week in a row
17:21:11 <djmitche> is botbot something we could host on our infra?
17:21:17 <rutsky> djmitche: yes
17:21:29 <rutsky> but at least I don't have enough spare time for that
17:21:36 <djmitche> should we consider that instead?  It could be co-located with meetbot
17:21:40 <djmitche> yeah, fair enough
17:22:50 <tardyp> would be nice if irccloud could provide this as a service
17:23:02 <tardyp> as they already have all the data anyway from several of us
17:23:16 <djmitche> yeah
17:23:26 <djmitche> #info might be best to self-host botbot.me
17:23:41 <djmitche> #info jackgrigg is down for several weeks now, too
17:23:50 <djmitche> #action djmitche to update bug with this status
17:23:53 <djmitche> ok
17:24:10 <djmitche> I assume no update on trac->github, since sa2ajj isn't about?
17:24:17 <tardyp> yes
17:24:31 <djmitche> ok
17:24:37 <djmitche> so that's the end of the agenda .. any other business?
17:25:02 <verm__> not that i know of
17:25:08 <verm__> i'll look more into the mail i'll turn up the logging too
17:25:16 <verm__> it may be that OSLs network is flaky in this way
17:25:32 <verm__> i'll compare it to RTEMS and see if i can find a similar pattern
17:25:36 <djmitche> ok, thanks
17:25:39 <bb-trac> [trac] #2853/task (assigned) updated by rutsky (Looks like @sa2ajj already asked in January 2015 about importing logs on !BotBotMe ...) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/2853
17:25:42 <tardyp> sounds great
17:25:42 <djmitche> maybe we should think of some other hosting provider
17:25:47 <djmitche> cool!
17:26:06 <verm__> i don't think it's a huge deal the network is good and fast/centralised also we can tune mailman to avoid this
17:26:16 <djmitche> that would be good
17:26:20 <djmitche> maybe this is related to the github issues
17:26:31 <djmitche> in that it's caused by bad network
17:26:40 <djmitche> anyway, hopefully fixed soon :)
17:26:52 <verm__> possible yes, i may just send a support ticket in and see if anyone else has complained.. in fact i will do that
17:27:25 <djmitche> ok, cool
17:27:29 * djmitche wraps up
17:27:31 <djmitche> #endmeeting