17:00:14 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
17:00:14 <bb-supy`> Meeting started Tue Jan 31 17:00:14 2017 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:00:14 <bb-supy`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
17:00:14 <bb-supy`> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
17:00:17 <djmitche> #topic introduction
17:00:35 <djmitche> Agenda is at https://titanpad.com/buildbot-agenda
17:00:53 <djmitche> Time limit is 30 minutes (not sure how to tell meetbot that....)
17:00:57 <djmitche> Who's around?
17:01:05 <rutsky> hi!
17:01:10 <djmitche> hi!
17:02:11 <djmitche> hmm, looks light this week
17:02:14 <djmitche> #topic Week in Review
17:02:26 <tardyp> hey!
17:02:28 <djmitche> #info *lots* of python-3 work this week!
17:02:30 <djmitche> hi!
17:03:22 <djmitche> looks like all of those PRs are python-3 related, actually
17:03:24 <tardyp> indeed, there has also been a few e2e tests merged
17:03:27 <djmitche> ah, great
17:03:38 <tardyp> and that's it
17:03:44 <djmitche> ok, that's a lot! :)
17:03:49 <djmitche> #topic Releases
17:04:14 <djmitche> #info no new releases this week
17:04:24 <djmitche> #info I haven't heard back from sa2ajj who is maintaining the eight branch
17:04:29 <tardyp> yep. We'll be releasing soon
17:04:37 <djmitche> #info 0.9.4 coming soon
17:05:11 <djmitche> If there are people interested in maintaining the eight branch, now is probably a good time to step up..
17:05:19 <djmitche> I'll followup on the email thread
17:05:21 <tardyp> yep
17:05:32 <djmitche> #action djmitche to follow up on the email thread about eight releases
17:05:40 <djmitche> #topic Trac -> Github migration
17:05:44 <djmitche> this, too, appears dead
17:06:02 <tardyp> I want to revive it
17:06:15 <tardyp> but first want to finish the multi master stuff
17:06:36 <djmitche> ok
17:06:40 <tardyp> https://github.com/tardyp/ci_perfs
17:06:41 <djmitche> one thing at a time :)
17:06:42 <tardyp> FYI
17:06:47 <djmitche> I just emailed Misha too
17:07:02 <tardyp> looks like he wont answer email
17:07:08 <djmitche> yeah
17:07:24 <tardyp> I've been in contact from a collegue of him saying he is fine
17:07:50 <djmitche> that's good to know
17:08:00 <djmitche> OK,
17:08:07 <djmitche> #topic Distribute single-file Buildbot-worker using something like pyinstaller
17:08:18 <djmitche> this is what the e2e tests are for, then?
17:08:25 <rutsky> no update this week
17:08:29 <rutsky> djmitche: no
17:08:46 <rutsky> but when I will resurrect my e2e tests I will include current e2e web UI tests
17:09:00 <tardyp> you did work on that this wee?
17:09:09 <rutsky> tardyp: no, sorry
17:09:21 <tardyp> I've another requirement for this e2e. :)
17:09:37 <tardyp> I'd *like* to be able to mix py3 worker and py2 master with those tests
17:09:39 <rutsky> tardyp: which requirements?
17:09:58 <rutsky> I think this should be easy
17:10:05 <tardyp> as I'll be releasing a py3 worker, I will need to spend a bit of time verifying that it works with py3
17:10:19 <tardyp> I'm not sure if the pyenv is separated within the tests
17:10:31 <rutsky> I want to have buildbot-worker and buildbot-master binaries as parameters to tests (via env, but with reasonable default)
17:10:46 <tardyp> looks good!
17:11:09 <tardyp> probably also pypy should be fine
17:11:10 <rutsky> it should be possible to specify buildbot-worker from py3 venv
17:11:41 <tardyp> I run pypy for my perf tests, but I am pretty sure it does not pass all the unit tests because of dict ordering and that kind of silly thing
17:12:04 <djmitche> hah, ugh :(
17:12:08 <rutsky> isn't dict ordering on pypy is stricter than on CPython?
17:12:16 <tardyp> last time I tested I had that. pypy has ordered dict like py3.6
17:12:42 <tardyp> and we have some test who rely on the ordering implementation details of cpython
17:12:58 <rutsky> huh, but CPython doesn't guarantee any ordering, AFAIK :)
17:13:02 <skelly> it doesn't
17:13:03 <tardyp> which shall be linked to the hashtable implementation used
17:13:16 <skelly> even in 3.6, with it being ordered, it's still not guaranteed
17:13:25 <tardyp> oh yes?
17:13:28 <djmitche> #info tardyp and rutsky working on end-to-end tests (e2e) that will also allow testing py3 and pypy workers
17:13:36 <tardyp> anyway
17:13:57 <djmitche> #topic     "slave" -> "worker" renaming (http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/2340)
17:14:12 <djmitche> #info Done!!
17:14:21 <bb-trac> [trac] #2340/enhancement (closed) updated by tardyp (empty comment) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/2340
17:14:25 <rutsky> yes :)
17:14:32 <djmitche> awesome :)
17:14:38 <tardyp> \o/ warm congratulations.
17:14:42 <tardyp> that was huge work!
17:14:46 <djmitche> if there is anything left, it is so minor that we can wrap it up when we find it
17:14:47 <djmitche> indeed!
17:14:55 <rutsky> I haven't got any response about missed items for this ticket for a week, so I think all should be satisfied :)
17:15:18 <djmitche> I was ready to say "close enough!" weeks ago, but you still had a list :)
17:16:09 <djmitche> I feel like this deserves more publicity
17:16:16 <djmitche> but really, it was finished as far as users see for 0.9.0, right?
17:16:36 <rutsky> I think so
17:16:49 <rutsky> in 0.9.0b3 or so major things were pushed
17:16:54 <djmitche> right
17:16:56 <tardyp> indeed
17:17:20 <rutsky> djmitche: any ideas about publicity?
17:17:32 <djmitche> it's not my strong suit
17:17:35 <djmitche> I can write a blog entry :)
17:17:44 <rutsky> I think original ticket authors haven't stated interest in last few years :)
17:18:04 <skelly> we still have interest
17:18:34 <tardyp> djmitche: +1 for blog post I'll be happy if you write it here: https://medium.com/buildbot
17:18:37 <djmitche> can you do a bit to publicize?
17:18:44 <djmitche> oh, ok, I'll figure out medium :)
17:19:01 <djmitche> #action djmitche to post a blog entry about it to https://medium.com/buildbot
17:19:21 <tardyp> let me know when you create an account, I'll add you to the list of editors
17:19:44 <djmitche> ok
17:19:47 <skelly> I'll ask around if there's any interest in quotes but don't count on it
17:20:02 <djmitche> skelly: hah, ok -- maybe just sharing out the blog post?
17:20:09 <djmitche> quotes would be asking a lot!
17:20:10 <skelly> I can definitely do that
17:20:13 <djmitche> cool, thanks
17:20:25 <djmitche> #topic     "buildbot" builder on nine.buildbot.net always fails (probably due to "git clone --depth 1") - #3667
17:20:46 <tardyp> that was fixed last week
17:20:51 <djmitche> ah, great :)
17:20:53 <djmitche> #undo
17:20:53 <bb-supy`> Removing item from minutes: <ircmeeting.items.Topic object at 0x806883290>
17:21:02 <djmitche> any other topics, then?
17:21:17 <rutsky> nothing from me
17:21:41 <tardyp> yes
17:21:41 <djmitche> "py3 help"?
17:21:48 <bb-trac> [trac] #3667/undecided (closed) updated by rutsky (Fixed by @tardyp.) http://trac.buildbot.net/ticket/3667
17:22:01 <tardyp> craig has asked for some help on the mailing list
17:22:10 <djmitche> ah
17:22:24 <tardyp> He wasn't able to join for the meeting
17:22:45 <djmitche> https://lists.buildbot.net/pipermail/devel/2017-January/012304.html
17:22:55 <djmitche> #topic Py3 Request for Help
17:22:56 <djmitche> https://lists.buildbot.net/pipermail/devel/2017-January/012304.html
17:23:33 <tardyp> I've answered to the email. If you are interrested in helping, please also answer
17:23:46 <djmitche> #info A call for Python-3 hackers to get this over the finish line!
17:23:48 <djmitche> cool
17:24:05 <djmitche> OK, if there's nothing further....
17:24:13 <tardyp> nope
17:25:16 <djmitche> #endmeeting