17:00:44 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
17:00:44 <bb-supy> Meeting started Tue Feb 21 17:00:44 2017 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:00:44 <bb-supy> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
17:00:44 <bb-supy> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
17:00:54 <djmitche> #topic Introduction / Roll Call
17:01:00 <djmitche> https://titanpad.com/buildbot-agenda
17:02:22 <djmitche> who else is here?
17:02:30 * djmitche waves to bdbaddog
17:05:07 <noc0lour> morning
17:05:08 <skelly> here
17:05:28 <djmitche> hi :)
17:05:37 <djmitche> tardyp: you around?
17:05:48 <bdbaddog> I'm here for a short bit.
17:07:48 <djmitche> #topic Week in Review
17:08:02 <djmitche> #info A lot more Python-3 stuff this week (Wow!)
17:08:28 <djmitche> #info More work on secrets support
17:08:34 <djmitche> anything to add?
17:08:54 <djmitche> #topic Releases
17:09:06 <djmitche> I don't think there's any news for releases....
17:09:11 <djmitche> #info no news
17:09:30 <djmitche> #topic py3 help
17:09:33 <djmitche> (leftover from last week)
17:10:59 <djmitche> #info Craig is looking for help ensuring that Buildbot gets tested in CI on Py3, so that we do not land breaking changes
17:11:25 <bdbaddog> what's needed for that? py3 worker?
17:11:28 <tardyp> hi sorry
17:11:33 <tardyp> I missed start of meeting
17:12:00 <djmitche> bdbaddog: I think so, yes
17:12:05 <tardyp> We have CI in place on py3 for 2 weeks already
17:12:09 <djmitche> oh, ok
17:12:12 <tardyp> I guess that part is cleared
17:12:19 <djmitche> what remains?
17:12:23 <tardyp> we have like 15 unit tests left to pass
17:12:25 <djmitche> I'm looking at craig's email of Feb 19
17:13:03 <tardyp> that email. I guess he got a bit emotional
17:13:08 <djmitche> it happens :)
17:13:23 <tardyp> I t
17:13:24 <noc0lour> I'm helping out debugging some stuff I guess ;)
17:13:38 <tardyp> I think stuff settled beg of week
17:13:44 <tardyp> thank noc0lour for that
17:14:19 <djmitche> ok, great!
17:14:26 <tardyp> We anyway have most of the integration tests that pass
17:14:30 <djmitche> #info noc0lour is now helping to test out py3
17:14:39 <djmitche> #info almost all tests are passing
17:14:46 <tardyp> the rest of the issues are more the details of some unit tests badly written
17:14:58 <djmitche> I'll take the blame for that I suppose :)
17:15:05 <tardyp> lots of bytes VS unicode, but also a lot of dictionary order dependent tests
17:15:12 <djmitche> ugh, yuck
17:15:15 <tardyp> Oh I take the blame for those two
17:15:18 <djmitche> hehe
17:15:20 <tardyp> too
17:15:27 <djmitche> well, good news anyway -- anything more to add?
17:15:49 <tardyp> I believe we can claim py3 support for next release
17:16:05 <noc0lour> awesome
17:17:01 <djmitche> woo!!
17:17:09 <djmitche> #info likely to have py3 compatibility for the next release
17:17:15 <skelly> what about the py3 worker -> py2 master issue?
17:17:20 <djmitche> #topic MOSS Interview
17:17:25 <djmitche> #undo
17:17:25 <bb-supy> Removing item from minutes: <ircmeeting.items.Topic object at 0x8068ae810>
17:17:26 <djmitche> :)
17:17:41 <tardyp> skelly: I didn't investigate it yet
17:17:58 <tardyp> but we can claim py3/py3 compatibility, and ask for more testing anyway
17:18:15 <tardyp> The thing is we are anyway dependent on twisted/trunk
17:18:31 <tardyp> as twisted didn't release in 2017, and we are dependent on lots of trunk fixes
17:18:44 <tardyp> so this will really be an experimental claim
17:19:05 <djmitche> ..but should draw in a lot more testers, that's cool!
17:19:23 <djmitche> ok, time's short :)
17:19:25 <djmitche> #topic MOSS Interview
17:19:39 <djmitche> #info bdbaddog will be meeting with Gerv on Friday to talk about the MOSS project
17:19:48 <tardyp> oh cool!
17:19:49 <djmitche> anything else to add?
17:20:02 <tardyp> what kind of interview will that be?
17:20:47 <djmitche> "short conversational video interviews with awardees that we can use for further promotion of the MOSS program"
17:21:05 <djmitche> sounds pretty low-key
17:21:24 <tardyp> ok. Shall we candidate for a 2017 MOSS program?
17:21:32 <djmitche> (I suspect he's boarding his plane..)
17:21:49 <djmitche> we still haven't spent all of our first allocation, so I'm not sure that would be successful
17:21:54 <djmitche> but it's a good question, I'd defer to bdbaddog
17:22:10 <djmitche> #info open question: should we re-apply for more MOSS funding?
17:22:36 <tardyp> right
17:22:39 <djmitche> #topic moving contrib/ to a new buidlbot-contrib repo
17:22:43 <djmitche> we discussed this last week
17:22:59 <tardyp> I just created https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot-contrib
17:23:07 <djmitche> https://supybot.buildbot.net/meetings/buildbot/2017/buildbot.2017-02-14-17.01.log.html#l-99
17:23:29 <djmitche> ok
17:23:31 <tardyp> it has the full history of buildbot with only contrib commits
17:23:33 <djmitche> so no great opposition to the plan?
17:23:38 <djmitche> awesome
17:23:43 <djmitche> nice git-jujitsu :)
17:23:47 <tardyp> git filter branch is cool
17:23:53 <noc0lour> looks good
17:24:03 <djmitche> #info repository created, content moved
17:24:25 <djmitche> #topic     Give all botherders access to Buildbot Google Analytics account
17:24:28 <tardyp> so I'll send a PR to delete the two directories
17:24:37 <noc0lour> tardyp: probably you can cleanup empty commits as well
17:24:37 <djmitche> sounds good
17:24:59 <djmitche> #info I think everyone who wanted access has access to google analytics has it now
17:25:02 <djmitche> please let me know if not :)
17:25:19 <djmitche> #topic     Distribute single-file Buildbot-worker using something like pyinstaller
17:25:23 <tardyp> I did look at it last week. its interresting
17:25:47 <tardyp> a lot of people read the tutorials, but fewer go further than that
17:25:48 <djmitche> yeah, lots of interesting data in GA!
17:25:50 <djmitche> yep
17:26:07 <djmitche> has there been progress on pyinstaller?
17:26:25 <djmitche> I guess the py3 and secrets support has taken most of the time
17:26:45 <tardyp> afaik yes
17:27:26 <djmitche> ok
17:27:31 <djmitche> #info no new updates
17:27:45 <djmitche> That's all the agenda items -- anythign to add?
17:27:49 <djmitche> sorry to rush, but we are under 30 minutes!!
17:28:11 <noc0lour> how is trac->github going?
17:28:40 <tardyp> no news from me
17:29:13 <djmitche> I think sa2ajj is still coming back to buildbot from real life :)
17:29:24 <djmitche> there's probably room to pick up and run with that
17:29:58 <tardyp> indeed
17:31:23 <djmitche> (and yes, I did skip that item)
17:31:29 <djmitche> #endmeeting