16:00:01 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:00:01 <bb-supy> Meeting started Tue Apr 25 16:00:01 2017 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:00:01 <bb-supy> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:00:01 <bb-supy> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:00:18 <djmitche> #topic Introduction
16:00:23 <djmitche> #nick bdbaddog tardyp
16:00:27 <djmitche> https://titanpad.com/buildbot-agenda
16:00:51 <djmitche> anyone else?
16:01:13 <djmitche> #topic Week in Review
16:01:21 <djmitche> aside from 0.9.6 :)
16:01:23 <djmitche> what's new?
16:01:50 <bdbaddog> just upgraded scons to 0.9.6.. bitbucket webhook doesn't work with current bb webhooks.. working on it.
16:01:59 <tardyp> This week activity was relatively higher than usual
16:02:14 <tardyp> we got several contributed PRs bigger than ususal
16:02:23 <djmitche> that's awesome
16:02:50 <djmitche> I'm guessing waterfall view - https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/pull/3122
16:02:52 <djmitche> what else?
16:03:48 <tardyp> Well, I remember some of them, but I can't find them in the summary email
16:03:57 <djmitche> hehe
16:04:22 <tardyp> maybe this is because they are not yet fully landed
16:04:24 <djmitche> #info lots of activity this week
16:04:25 <djmitche> yeah
16:05:01 <tardyp> https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/pull/3077 is very good mail notifier refactorization
16:05:15 <djmitche> #info new waterfall view!! https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/pull/3122
16:05:42 <tardyp> new console view
16:05:47 <tardyp> is much of the work
16:06:01 <djmitche> #info major refactoring of the m ail notifier - https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/pull/3077
16:06:07 <tardyp> waterfall is just minor actually
16:06:18 <tardyp> then I was working on the Janitor this wee
16:06:28 <djmitche> #info new console view
16:06:35 <tardyp> https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/pull/3142 and https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/pull/3140
16:06:36 <djmitche> #info Janitor (replacement for log horizons)
16:07:18 <tardyp> I implemented it with a builder + nightly + custom step instead of a service
16:07:33 <djmitche> very nice
16:07:37 <tardyp> so that we can monitor their log in the UI rather than in twisted
16:07:40 <djmitche> yeah
16:07:50 <djmitche> that is a big week!!
16:08:00 <tardyp> it actually made things easier to not reinvent the wheel
16:08:02 <djmitche> rjarry: thanks for your input on PRs too :)
16:08:11 <rjarry> my pleasure :)
16:08:24 <djmitche> ok
16:08:31 <djmitche> #topic Releases - 0.9.6
16:08:33 <rjarry> I still havent got time to work on the unicode PR
16:08:57 <djmitche> that's OK, no pressure :)
16:09:00 <rjarry> :)
16:09:23 <djmitche> #info scons upgraded to 0.9.6 and encountered some issues with the bitbucket webhook -- fixing
16:09:29 <djmitche> any other feedback on 0.9.6?
16:10:05 <bdbaddog> so far so good. haven't exercised it much. http://buildbot.scons.org
16:10:11 <tardyp> We have seen some more people willing to upgrade today kfunk being one of those, and bdbaddog
16:10:41 <djmitche> that's great
16:10:45 <djmitche> suggests a much smoother upgrade path :)
16:11:05 <noc0lour> oh hi (:
16:11:07 <djmitche> hi!
16:11:25 <djmitche> #topic Trac -> Github
16:11:28 <bdbaddog> yes was fairly painless. I did find bug with console that tardyp fixed.
16:12:00 <tardyp> events.buildbot.net shows 124 0.9.6 installs
16:12:08 <djmitche> #undo
16:12:08 <bb-supy> Removing item from minutes: <ircmeeting.items.Topic object at 0x806a60590>
16:12:14 <djmitche> #info 124 installs of 0.9.6 so far
16:12:35 <djmitche> noc0lour: have you tried 0.9.6? :)
16:12:39 <djmitche> rjarry: ^^?
16:12:59 <rjarry> djmitche: yes but I cannot call by usage "production"
16:13:05 <rjarry> I am playing with it
16:13:28 <rjarry> so far no special bugs to report, besides the unicode edge cases I encounter
16:13:45 <djmitche> good to hear :)
16:13:55 <djmitche> thanks
16:13:58 <djmitche> #topic Trac -> Github
16:14:12 <djmitche> So this week I noticed a comment by exarkun Trac, and I thought comments had been disabled
16:14:25 <djmitche> I tried to change that and failed miserably, accidentally opening up to spam registrations
16:14:43 <djmitche> And then figured out that wasn't the intent -- trac is still open for 0.8.x, right?
16:14:45 <tardyp> ahah I wasn't sure what those mails were about
16:15:03 <tardyp> I don't think we actually took the action of closing trac
16:15:22 <tardyp> or restricting new stuff. I don't think this is really necessary though
16:15:38 <tardyp> as we are not seeing activity.
16:15:45 <tardyp> at least I dont see any
16:16:27 <djmitche> yeah
16:16:33 <djmitche> and exarkun's comment was on an only 0.8.x bug
16:16:36 <djmitche> not on one of the migrated bugs
16:16:38 <djmitche> so agreed
16:16:44 <djmitche> should we remove the section from the agenda?
16:16:50 <tardyp> maybe yes
16:17:41 <djmitche> ok :)
16:17:49 <djmitche> same with the pyinstaller - it seems to have stalled out
16:18:12 <djmitche> that's about it then!
16:18:17 <djmitche> noc0lour: did you have anything you wanted to bring up?
16:18:31 <tardyp> today, I've been working on this: https://medium.com/buildbot/buildbot-ui-plugin-for-python-developer-ef9dcfdedac0
16:19:07 <tardyp> Its basically a live coding session building the grid plugin
16:19:39 <tardyp> so that people can see how the web workflow looks like.
16:21:44 <tardyp> This one kind of a warmup for the meetup I will be giving in a few weeks in Paris https://medium.com/buildbot/release-engineering-open-meetup-may-4th-in-paris-905957e121ac
16:22:42 <noc0lour> I haven't tried 0.9.6 yet in production, but I was early adopter, currently one instance is running one or two commits before 0.9.6
16:23:11 <djmitche> is that related to the EuPyCon presentation?
16:23:25 <djmitche> noc0lour: awesome, thanks!
16:23:55 <tardyp> the meetup is independent, but I will probably use the same presentation
16:24:03 <djmitche> #info Pierre built a walkthrough of building a web view - https://medium.com/buildbot/buildbot-ui-plugin-for-python-developer-ef9dcfdedac0
16:24:28 <djmitche> #info Release Engineering meetup in Paris next week - https://medium.com/buildbot/release-engineering-open-meetup-may-4th-in-paris-905957e121ac
16:24:39 <djmitche> ("a few weeks" might be optimistic :)
16:24:41 <djmitche> cool
16:24:43 * djmitche wraps up
16:24:53 <djmitche> #endmeeting