16:00:16 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:00:16 <bb-supy> Meeting started Tue Jul 25 16:00:16 2017 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:00:16 <bb-supy> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:00:16 <bb-supy> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:00:20 <djmitche> #topic Introduction
16:00:29 <djmitche> http://bit.ly/2rup31x - agenda
16:00:52 <djmitche> roll call? who's around?
16:01:11 <tardyp> Hi
16:01:34 <tardyp> I am in another meeting right now. trying to end it quickly
16:02:14 <djmitche> ok
16:02:20 <djmitche> I think I can wait :)
16:03:19 <bdbaddog> :D
16:03:28 <bdbaddog> Here.
16:05:22 <noc0lour> I'll stick around
16:05:50 <djmitche> #topic Week In Review
16:05:53 <bb-github> [13buildbot] 15djmitche commented on issue #3463: I'm guessing that someone is making a HTTPS connection to the PB port - either misconfiguration or a portscan. 02https://git.io/v7mx9
16:05:57 <djmitche> looks like a bunch of good bugs filed this ewek
16:05:58 <djmitche> *wee
16:06:05 <djmitche> also looks like I can't type today
16:06:16 <tardyp> from webkit team
16:06:21 <djmitche> ahh
16:06:49 <djmitche> and a bunch of discussion around Github support
16:07:17 <tardyp> from s0undt3ch and iblis17
16:07:34 <djmitche> and I see https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/issues/3456 is that person's first issue on github :)
16:07:37 <tardyp> s0undt3ch: trying to make buildbot a github integration
16:07:54 <tardyp> which is  nice, but comes with its level of complexity
16:08:03 <djmitche> #info s0undt3ch is trying to make buildbot a Github App
16:08:05 <djmitche> (they renamed "integration" to "app")
16:08:16 <djmitche> yeah, Taskcluster has an app, and it's complicated
16:08:20 <djmitche> especially the authentication
16:08:26 <tardyp> exactly
16:08:27 <s0undt3ch> particularly the auth
16:08:45 <s0undt3ch> but the process is automated once we have the GH App details
16:08:50 <djmitche> that's great
16:09:03 <djmitche> so it's easy for a user to set up their own app?
16:09:23 <s0undt3ch> Also, this wil not be a publicly visible App, users will have to create one for their org
16:09:33 <s0undt3ch> since an App will have it's URL's hardcoded
16:09:58 <s0undt3ch> unless buildbot wants to proxy those and users are willing to be proxied by buildbot's hosting service
16:10:06 <djmitche> yeah, I don't think we want that :)
16:10:26 <djmitche> still, that's probably just what users want
16:10:34 <s0undt3ch> once the PR is completed, I plan to setup a doc explaining on to set the APP on GH and then all the way through buildbot
16:10:48 <djmitche> that's great - thanks (in advance) :)
16:10:56 <djmitche> anything else for the week in review?
16:11:09 <s0undt3ch> but, that's not paricularly easy, you'd have to map which repos goes to which user's bb instance
16:11:37 <s0undt3ch> but hey, you could create your own travis like setup :)
16:11:39 <djmitche> yeah, and then we'd have people relying on our infra, and it's not that reliable
16:11:48 <s0undt3ch> for the general public that does not want to touch code
16:12:03 <s0undt3ch> well, that, you guys known better than me
16:12:22 <djmitche> I think it's probably better for each user to set up their own app
16:12:26 <s0undt3ch> but at least that PR will get us closer to a nicer GH integration
16:12:29 <djmitche> yeah
16:12:42 <djmitche> #topic Releases
16:12:49 <djmitche> tardyp: ^^ plans for 0.9.9?
16:13:16 <tardyp> 0.9.10!
16:13:23 <s0undt3ch> I also plan to eventualy add comment trigger support to build PRs on demand from GH comments, and remove builds from queue if the PR was updated, etc... eventually
16:13:23 <tardyp> beg of month
16:13:35 <djmitche> oh, I should update the topic
16:13:44 * s0undt3ch will now quiet down ;) topic changed
16:14:31 <djmitche> #info 0.9.10 at the beginning of August
16:14:44 <djmitche> August will probably be pretty quiet -- it generally is
16:14:51 <djmitche> #topic Agenda Location Change
16:14:57 <tardyp> July is already compared to June
16:15:15 <djmitche> should we switch to https://pad.sfconservancy.org/p/buildbot-agenda for the agenda, or is google docs OK?
16:17:29 <bb-github> [13buildbot] 15iblis17 commented on pull request #3443 1427b2a45: please review 27b2a45 02https://git.io/v7mh0
16:17:48 <djmitche> haha, controversial issue I guess :)
16:17:58 <djmitche> let's stick to google docs for the time being
16:18:05 <djmitche> but, good to know that conservancy runs an etherpad now, too
16:18:12 <djmitche> any other topics?
16:19:14 * skelly has nothing
16:20:02 <djmitche> ok
16:20:12 <djmitche> thanks everyone :)
16:20:19 <djmitche> #endmeeting