16:04:18 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:04:18 <bb-supy`> Meeting started Tue Aug  1 16:04:18 2017 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:04:18 <bb-supy`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:04:18 <bb-supy`> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:04:30 <djmitche> oh, I don't get reminders anymore since we moved calendars, hm
16:04:31 <djmitche> anyway
16:04:34 <djmitche> #topic Introduction
16:04:48 <djmitche> http://bit.ly/2rup31x
16:04:52 <djmitche> #nick tardyp
16:04:56 <djmitche> who else is about?
16:05:50 <djmitche> haha, great :)
16:05:54 <djmitche> #topic Week In Review
16:05:57 <djmitche> take it away :)
16:05:58 <bdbaddog> here
16:06:11 * djmitche added a calendar reminder for myself btw
16:06:17 <bdbaddog> :)
16:06:22 <djmitche> I don't do much that google calendar doesn't tell me
16:06:24 <bdbaddog> Where's the agenda link?
16:06:31 <tardyp> still no weekly summary email..
16:06:35 <djmitche> http://bit.ly/2rup31x
16:06:36 <bdbaddog> djmitche: same here..
16:06:42 <tardyp> oh yes. got it
16:07:05 <tardyp> So this week. Lots of issues... Few PRs...
16:07:37 <tardyp> people are using buildbot nine, and report their problem. That is good.
16:08:04 <tardyp> I am trying to tag the one that are easy "easy" to encourage people to write PRs
16:09:13 <djmitche> good plan
16:09:15 <tardyp> most of the issues are UI usability and small stuff you can easily work with, but that is annoying for new user
16:09:51 <tardyp> We got a pyup upgrade last week who broke eight metabuildbot
16:10:07 <djmitche> the PR broke it?
16:11:10 <djmitche> #info lots of new issues with nine, most small and about UI/usability
16:11:11 <tardyp> I saw a lot of IRC complain after I merged it
16:11:20 <tardyp> http://buildbot.buildbot.net/console
16:11:22 <djmitche> #info adding an "easy" tag for good quick fixes
16:11:38 <tardyp> we can see that the eight metabuildbot is not really in control.
16:11:58 <tardyp> I wonder if we should just close it and only rely on nine.bb.net and travis/appveyor
16:12:13 <tardyp> probably there are some worker environment to upgrade
16:12:19 <frodox> hi too :)
16:12:42 <djmitche> I don't see why we should still be running 8 in buildbot's own infra
16:12:47 <djmitche> hi frodox  :)
16:13:33 <tardyp> koobs look like he is still watching it.
16:13:41 <tardyp> not sure how much he care about it.
16:14:07 <tardyp> I don't know if we ever actually cought a regression that happen only on freebsd
16:14:15 <djmitche> sorry, maybe I'm confused -- this is the metabuildbot *running* BB 0.8.x right?, not a builder testing 0.8.x?
16:14:24 <tardyp> right
16:14:42 <tardyp> the legacy one, with the builder you did setup.
16:14:48 <tardyp> the nine one do run bbtravis
16:14:52 <djmitche> right
16:15:00 <djmitche> so what failures might that metabuildbot detect that nine.bb.net wouldn't?
16:16:41 <tardyp> none that I know of
16:17:08 <djmitche> ok
16:17:16 <djmitche> sounds like it should be turned off then :)
16:17:51 <djmitche> #info considering turning off the metabuildbot that is running 0.8.x
16:17:59 <djmitche> #topic Releases
16:18:18 <djmitche> I tihnk 0.9.10 is soon?
16:18:45 <tardyp> we are in august now. so a release is due
16:18:53 <tardyp> I'll work on it this week.
16:19:38 <tardyp> it will be a quite small one though
16:19:53 <djmitche> ok
16:20:00 <djmitche> #info 0.9.10 out soonish, but a small incremental release
16:20:10 <djmitche> august is always a little slow anyway
16:20:27 <djmitche> #topic probot
16:20:38 <djmitche> #info Probot-stale closes issues after 30 min of inactivity after warming message
16:20:42 <djmitche> wait, 30 minutes?
16:20:57 <tardyp> right, it might not be configured properly
16:21:48 <tardyp> I think dayUntilClose should be 67 and not 7
16:21:58 <tardyp> dayUntilWarngi
16:22:04 <tardyp> dayUntilWarning + 7
16:22:28 <djmitche> ah, I see, it's closing after 7 days with no warning?
16:22:47 <bb-github> [13buildbot] 15tardyp created 06tardyp-patch-1 (+1 new commit): 02https://git.io/v70lA
16:22:47 <bb-github> 13buildbot/06tardyp-patch-1 140da5a8d 15Pierre Tardy: fix probot stale
16:22:57 <tardyp> no its warning after 2 month
16:23:21 <tardyp> and after that warning on the next run (one hour later) it apply the close policy, and don't take in account the warning message
16:23:22 * djmitche so confused
16:23:27 <djmitche> ah, I see
16:23:48 <tardyp> I just created a PR to try that hypothesis
16:23:56 <djmitche> #info the bot is only giving 30 minutes to 1 hour of warning time before closing an issue (although it waits the full 2 months to warn)
16:23:57 <djmitche> ok
16:24:04 <djmitche> #info tardyp working on a fix
16:24:07 <djmitche> in https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/blob/master/.github/stale.yml
16:24:30 <djmitche> should I open an issue to decommission the 0.8.x metabuildbot?
16:24:40 <tardyp> yeah
16:24:55 <djmitche> will do
16:25:01 <djmitche> any other business for this week?
16:25:05 <frodox> any news about twisted buildbot book chapter?
16:25:40 <djmitche> ah, good
16:25:45 <djmitche> #topic Twisted Book Buildbot Chapter
16:25:47 <tardyp> I added it to the agenda
16:26:08 <tardyp> We received an email from apress, and we need to agree on a due date
16:26:26 <djmitche> #info Pierre and Dustin will be working together on a chapter, having agreed on a rough outline
16:26:36 <frodox> did you have a call?
16:26:37 <djmitche> #info next step is to agree on a due date
16:26:38 <djmitche> yes
16:26:49 <djmitche> do you want to help? :)
16:27:15 <tardyp> there are 20 pages to write including figures
16:27:21 <frodox> as I said, I want to try, but do not know exactly how now :)
16:27:33 <tardyp> I don't have the template yet, so I am not sure how much it is worth
16:27:47 <frodox> outline is good for start point
16:28:15 <djmitche> I can send around the outline we prepared
16:28:35 <tardyp> https://docs.google.com/document/d/13nlFCnkAX_vwhKwtky3u7E1fBJAZmKSbJGXSt-8yVwA/edit
16:28:43 <bdbaddog> Maybe put up github repo ? markdown?
16:28:44 <djmitche> heh
16:29:03 <frodox> I'll take a look :)
16:29:05 <djmitche> we'll need to check if Apress is OK with writing in public, but yea
16:29:32 <frodox> but it is easy to leave comments/notes without PR-s/issues
16:29:46 <djmitche> yeah
16:29:54 <tardyp> I think google docs is better at writting text
16:30:06 <tardyp> and has comment review system too
16:30:10 <bdbaddog> sure. true.
16:30:20 <djmitche> and avoids the question of public access
16:30:26 <frodox> we need github's docs :D
16:30:47 <djmitche> anyway, I am sorry I've been sitting on Todd's requests for a whlie
16:30:50 <djmitche> I'll reply
16:31:00 <djmitche> other business?
16:31:17 <tardyp> djmitche: what date do you want to commit to?
16:31:43 <djmitche> I was going to ask you -- either early October or December
16:31:50 <tardyp> todds request was sent last week, so I guess this is okay reaction time
16:32:04 <tardyp> you don't like novembe?
16:32:53 <tardyp> I think december is better, but we shouldn't procrastinate because of it
16:33:04 <frodox> yup!
16:33:23 <tardyp> I am not sure how much time I can dedicate with my new job
16:33:41 <djmitche> I'll be busy in late October so I don't want that to be the last few weeks
16:33:50 <djmitche> Ok
16:33:55 <djmitche> let's say december then
16:33:57 <djmitche> December 1?
16:34:10 <tardyp> ok. so you take the action to answer Todd?
16:34:20 <djmitche> yep
16:34:34 <djmitche> #action djmitche to reply to todd about finishing the chapter December 1
16:34:42 <tardyp> frodox: can you read the abstract and tell if you want to write one paragraph?
16:35:03 <frodox> yes, of course
16:35:24 <tardyp> then I think we should split the paragraphs/topics between each writers, and start with that. then we can all do the draft improvements.
16:35:24 <frodox> I'll check if I have enough bb-skils
16:36:11 <djmitche> yeah
16:36:32 <tardyp> ok wrap-up?
16:36:38 <djmitche> we should probably set an earlier date (September 15?) for us all to have *something* written for each assigned section
16:36:41 <djmitche> but we can talk next week
16:36:42 <djmitche> yeah
16:36:44 <djmitche> #endmeeting