16:00:10 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:00:10 <bb-supy> Meeting started Tue Oct  3 16:00:10 2017 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:00:10 <bb-supy> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:00:10 <bb-supy> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:00:17 <djmitche> #topic Introductions
16:00:20 <djmitche> hello all :)
16:00:25 <djmitche> http://bit.ly/2rup31x
16:01:04 <tardyp> hi!
16:01:42 <djmitche> who else is around?
16:01:54 <djmitche> no amar :(
16:01:57 <bdbaddog> Greetings
16:02:00 <djmitche> hi!
16:02:05 <djmitche> quick reminder we aim to be done in 30m
16:02:10 <djmitche> & with that..
16:02:16 <djmitche> #topic Week in Review
16:02:23 <djmitche> what's new this week?
16:03:21 <tardyp> no weekly summary
16:03:40 <skelly> I saw one
16:03:49 <skelly> looking at it now
16:04:06 <bdbaddog> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SAiv3Tk3lACPFVaCNExTjeU7z7NKCKCfP9_2AZ5lpjE/edit#heading=h.fg3u3cat1da3
16:04:50 <tardyp> This weekly, actually mostly finishing the things started last week
16:04:56 <djmitche> ok
16:05:03 <djmitche> looks like mostly debugging, vs. feature work
16:05:08 <tardyp> py3-py2 compat from craig
16:05:21 <tardyp> finishing older stuff also
16:05:25 <tardyp> ready for release
16:05:37 <djmitche> #info more py3-py2 compatibility work by craig
16:05:45 <djmitche> #info preparation for 0.9.12 release
16:05:47 <djmitche> ok
16:06:00 <djmitche> anything else? we can move on to the topics..
16:06:17 <frodox> hi!
16:06:20 <frodox> o/
16:06:26 <djmitche> hi!
16:06:36 <djmitche> #topic Expert Twisted chapter on Buildbot
16:06:42 <djmitche> I haven't done much the last week
16:06:55 <djmitche> anyone else written anything? <_<
16:06:59 <djmitche> >_>
16:07:27 <frodox> I have question about new workflow and desired review process
16:07:34 <frodox> google doc vs github repo
16:07:34 <tardyp> not yet from my side. looking at the activity shy mode
16:08:18 <djmitche> frodox: yeah, I'm not sure exactly what the workflow will be with github
16:08:24 <djmitche> moshe never really described that
16:08:28 <djmitche> and he did insist on a private repo :(
16:08:56 <tardyp> frodox seems to have access to it though
16:09:04 <frodox> due to djmitche e-mail
16:09:05 <djmitche> yes
16:09:08 <djmitche> :)
16:09:31 <tardyp> so that is good, as you were the only volunteer we know which wanted to do the review
16:09:33 <djmitche> so we could handle the buildbot chapter entirely in our repo and just make one PR to moshe's repo when we're "done"
16:09:35 <djmitche> if that's easiest
16:10:03 <frodox> what about same but with google doc then? :D
16:10:18 <frodox> looks like easier for quick work/review, isn't it?
16:10:24 <djmitche> maybe
16:10:39 <djmitche> but as the only person doing any writing, I'm not volunteering to move *back* from markdown to gdoc
16:10:54 <tardyp> yeah
16:10:55 <frodox> well, yes, formatting..
16:11:05 <tardyp> lets keep it md for now
16:11:12 <frodox> yeah
16:12:00 <djmitche> I'm happy to take feedback however you'd like -- even printing it out, scribbling on it, and scanning it :)
16:12:11 <djmitche> but I do want to focus on getting content written first
16:12:30 <tardyp> I think pro
16:12:30 <frodox> ook
16:12:40 <tardyp> probably we need some high level feedback for now
16:12:49 <djmitche> yeah
16:12:52 <tardyp> and not really inline review
16:13:00 <djmitche> if there are sections we should skip writing, that will save some effort :)
16:13:16 <djmitche> #info sticking with the github repo
16:13:25 <djmitche> #info mostly need high-level reviews now, rather htan inline
16:13:50 <djmitche> #info will work on remainder of buildbot work by PR's to the buildbot fork of the repo (which we can merge ourselves)
16:13:55 <djmitche> anything else about the chapter?
16:14:23 <djmitche> #topic North Bay Python conference invitation & cross-promotion
16:14:33 <djmitche> bdbaddog: ^^ was this something you added?
16:15:29 <tardyp> no. it was a guy who went once in this channel, and I adviced to come to the meeting
16:15:35 <tardyp> need to look at chan history
16:15:44 <djmitche> ah, ok
16:16:53 <tardyp> <skimbrel> hey folks! I'm with North Bay Python, a new Python conference that's supported by Conservancy; is someone around who could discuss 1) putting out a brief announcement about the event to the Buildbot community and 2) getting us a logo/blurb we can put on our site/printed materials to recognize Buildbot as a fellow Conservancy project?
16:16:53 <tardyp> 18:04:05 → bb-github joined (~bb-github@192.30.252.42)
16:17:04 <tardyp> skimbrel: around?
16:17:06 <skimbrel> oh, hey! hi
16:17:11 <skimbrel> yes, my calendar alarm managed to fail me.
16:17:43 <djmitche> ah#
16:17:45 <skimbrel> the message from earlier more or less sums up what I'm here for, but happy to fill in more detail as needed
16:17:47 <tardyp> skimbrel: so we listen to you
16:17:51 <djmitche> haha, sure
16:17:56 <djmitche> when's the conf?
16:18:05 <skimbrel> dec 2/3, in Petaluma, California
16:18:17 <djmitche> #info Conservancy is supporting the North Bay Python conf December 2-3 in Petaluma, California
16:18:18 <skimbrel> so for (1), is there a mailing list it's okay to send a quick paragraph to
16:18:55 <djmitche> would https://lists.buildbot.net/mailman/listinfo/users be reasonable?
16:19:05 <skimbrel> certainly seems like it
16:19:28 <skimbrel> i'll send something off later today, thanks!
16:19:36 <djmitche> cool1
16:19:47 <skimbrel> and for (2), we're planning to have space in our printed materials and on the website about SFC and other projects thereof
16:19:49 <djmitche> https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot-media has our logo art in it
16:20:02 <skimbrel> great!
16:20:20 <djmitche> https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot-media/blob/master/images/buildbot_large_text.svg for example
16:20:34 <djmitche> cool :)
16:20:38 <djmitche> anything else we can do?
16:20:45 <skimbrel> a quick sentence or two to accompany the logo would be great
16:21:32 <tardyp> Buildbot is an open-source framework for automating software build, test, and release processes.
16:21:41 <skimbrel> sounds good!
16:22:06 <tardyp> basically what there is in our marketting site: http://buildbot.net/
16:22:17 <tardyp> if you need longer description
16:22:35 <skimbrel> works for me. if we have more space I'll pull another paragraph from there :)
16:22:41 <djmitche> sounds good :)
16:22:44 <djmitche> ok, next item!
16:22:46 <skimbrel> thanks for the time and hope to see some of you at the conference!
16:22:49 <djmitche> #topic Mozilla resources
16:22:55 <djmitche> skimbrel: thanks for dropping by!
16:23:02 <tardyp> ++
16:23:39 <tardyp> so we dont have verm aroundn
16:23:49 <djmitche> #info buildbot.org still points to a Mozilla web server
16:23:58 <djmitche> I think we can safely ignore that -- that domain has never worked
16:24:10 <tardyp> I think it still exists
16:24:20 <skelly> who owns it? can we get it directed properly?
16:24:25 <tardyp> we could just point it to www jail and thats it
16:24:26 <djmitche> right, we should probably keep the registration
16:24:28 <djmitche> I think I own it
16:24:30 <tardyp> it is brian
16:24:32 <djmitche> yeah
16:25:03 <tardyp> as per amar Brian owns it. djmitche you think you do?
16:25:10 <djmitche> maybe
16:25:14 <djmitche> either way, I'm sure we can point it somewhere
16:25:18 <djmitche> but I don't really consider that a high priority
16:25:24 <djmitche> I think we can tell Mozilla to ignore that
16:25:54 <tardyp> We can for sure tell Mozilla to close any ressource related to Bnuildbot
16:26:09 <djmitche> are you sure we're not using buildbot-linux4 anymore?
16:26:17 <djmitche> I think it's still in the configs..
16:26:19 <djmitche> it was just a buildslave
16:26:27 <tardyp> linux4 is not used, it was a buildslave for eight master
16:26:34 <djmitche> #info buildbot.org is registered to the 'buildbot' user on hover.com
16:26:35 <tardyp> which I turned of this year
16:26:37 <djmitche> ok
16:26:48 <djmitche> #info and buildbot-linux4 is completely unused at this point
16:26:55 <djmitche> so we can just tell them to axe the whole thing, then :)
16:27:04 <tardyp> right RIP
16:27:19 <djmitche> that's easy -- do you want to reply tardyp ?
16:27:26 <tardyp> ok
16:27:40 <djmitche> cool
16:28:00 <djmitche> and I think botherders all have access to the hover.com creds, but if you want to change the DNS for bulidbot.org lmk
16:28:10 <djmitche> 2 minutes left - any other business?
16:28:20 <djmitche> #agreed will let mozilla reclaim all resources
16:28:44 <tardyp> I think the hoveer.com access is in the vault indeed, I'll look at it
16:29:09 <djmitche> cool
16:29:14 <djmitche> #endmeeting