17:01:06 <djmitche> #startmeeting Weekly
17:01:06 <bb-supy> Meeting started Tue Nov 21 17:01:06 2017 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:01:06 <bb-supy> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
17:01:06 <bb-supy> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
17:01:10 <djmitche> #topic Introduction
17:01:12 <djmitche> hello everyone!
17:01:26 <djmitche> http://bit.ly/2rup31x
17:01:40 <djmitche> who is here? since pierre is way
17:01:42 <djmitche> *away
17:02:36 <rjarry> I'm here
17:02:51 <djmitche> hi!
17:02:57 <djmitche> I don't have much for the week in review..
17:02:59 <rjarry> for about 15 minutes before I have to get my kid at the nanny's
17:03:18 <rjarry> djmitche: I did not follow closely
17:03:25 * djmitche updates topic
17:04:02 <djmitche> #topic Debian Support
17:04:09 <djmitche> rjarry: ^^ you were working on this, right?
17:04:13 <rjarry> yup
17:04:18 <rjarry> debian folks did not reply yet
17:04:20 <djmitche> ok
17:04:26 <rjarry> I'll try and poke around
17:04:28 <djmitche> #info no reply from debian people yet
17:04:30 <djmitche> ok, sounds good
17:04:51 <djmitche> #topic FOSSA offer of assistance
17:04:53 <rjarry> if they gave up support of these packages, I may be able to take over
17:05:06 <djmitche> that would be cool
17:05:21 <rjarry> :)
17:05:21 <djmitche> having someone closer to the project maintaining is probably better for everyone
17:05:30 <djmitche> so https://fossa.io/ has offered to run their service on Buildbot
17:05:36 <djmitche> I have never heard of them, though
17:05:42 <djmitche> so I'm not sure what to make of it
17:05:57 <djmitche> "our service scans popular open source projects for license violations to keep them and their users (esp. from larger companies) clean"
17:06:31 <rjarry> oh that reminds me of another project
17:06:49 <djmitche> webpack for example - https://github.com/webpack/webpack/pull/4768/files
17:07:15 <djmitche> https://app.fossa.io/projects/git%2Bgithub.com%2Fwebpack%2Fwebpack/?ref=badge_shield
17:07:34 <djmitche> of what project?
17:07:45 <rjarry> I'm trying to remember the name
17:07:46 <trip__1234> I found an example using GitHubCommentPush and am getting errors accessing 'props.master.data' in the endDescription callback, is there something I have to do to have that property available?
17:08:47 <djmitche> trip__1234: related to https://app.fossa.io/projects/git%2Bgithub.com%2Fwebpack%2Fwebpack/?ref=badge_shield ?
17:08:49 <djmitche> gah
17:08:51 <djmitche> to https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/issues/3763
17:08:57 <rjarry> djmitche: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Hub
17:09:55 <djmitche> https://www.openhub.net/p/buildbot
17:10:13 <djmitche> anyway, it seems like it couldn't hurt, right?
17:10:24 <rjarry> I recall there was a feature to tell commercial companies if their proprietary software was compliant with the licenses of the open source components it used
17:11:04 <djmitche> that contributors-per-month graph is both impressive and correct :)
17:11:11 <rjarry> yep it looks good, and also it looks a lot like openhub (ex. ohloh)
17:11:13 <djmitche> maybe it's a paid feature
17:11:16 <djmitche> yeah
17:11:17 <djmitche> ok
17:11:24 <djmitche> I'll tell the guy to send a PR and see what happens
17:11:31 <djmitche> #info seems to be no harm, let's try it
17:11:43 <djmitche> let's see
17:11:56 <djmitche> no new info on the chapter (minor writing has continued)
17:12:00 <djmitche> I guess I can #info that
17:12:04 <djmitche> #topic Expert Twisted
17:12:13 <djmitche> #info minor writing has continued -- just added a history section
17:12:26 <djmitche> anything else?  since it's just the two of us :)
17:13:16 <rjarry> hehe
17:13:31 <rjarry> nothing specific no
17:13:31 <dol-sen> I have a slack reporter I will be submitting soon, does basic messaging via slacks incoming-webhooks app
17:14:08 <djmitche> #topic Slack reporter
17:14:17 <dol-sen> I am not sure if the attachemnt type message can be made generic enough yet to know if I can include that too
17:14:18 <djmitche> #info dol-sen is working on a Slack reporter
17:14:28 <djmitche> that sounds cool
17:14:30 <djmitche> slack is all the rage :)
17:15:00 <dol-sen> the slack app looks after authentication, and you get an endpoint url to submit to
17:15:28 <djmitche> that's the incoming-webhooks app?
17:15:33 <djmitche> *hook
17:16:04 <dol-sen> the attachment typ message can be quite complex, add colors for start, stop, fail, icons, links...
17:16:58 <dol-sen> yes, the incoming-webhooks app is from slack which simplifies the authentication and limits where you can send messages to
17:17:02 <djmitche> gotcha
17:17:04 <djmitche> very cool
17:17:14 <djmitche> thanks!
17:17:14 <trip__1234> @djmitche Not related to non-PR requests. My only builder is for PRs and I have the GitHubPullrequestPoller set up. I'm also getting some twisted-based issues so I'm wondering if my installation may be dorked.
17:17:33 <djmitche> trip__1234: sounds like a good github issue report?
17:17:46 * djmitche wraps up meeting
17:17:56 <djmitche> #endmeeting