17:00:08 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
17:00:08 <bb-supy> Meeting started Tue Nov 28 17:00:08 2017 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:00:08 <bb-supy> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
17:00:08 <bb-supy> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
17:00:15 <djmitche> #topic Introduction
17:00:20 <djmitche> http://bit.ly/2rup31x
17:00:34 * djmitche waves to tardyp
17:00:52 <JeffJohnson> tardyp: :-) The author wrote a simple plugin for jenkins to dynamically change the number of jobs per worker depending on the current ressource usage on the node and the time that jobs needed to finish improve, something simple like scheduling depending on loadavg should help already
17:01:36 <djmitche> anyone else around?
17:01:39 <tardyp> hi all
17:02:10 <tardyp> JeffJohnson: looks pretty dependent on the workload
17:02:10 <djmitche> #topic Week In Review
17:02:49 <tardyp> I merged the badge plugin
17:03:18 <tardyp> license scan report is merged as well. I guess that was discussed last week
17:03:44 <tardyp> more encoding cleanup by rodrigc
17:03:57 <djmitche> badge plugin for FOSS?
17:04:08 <djmitche> awesome re encoding
17:04:29 <tardyp> the badge plugin is a REST api plugin which generates SVG from builder results
17:04:39 <djmitche> ah, gotcha
17:05:00 <tardyp> https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/pull/3744 one of the last eight regression remaining
17:05:15 <djmitche> copying https://docs.taskcluster.net/reference/integrations/taskcluster-github/references/api#badge :)
17:05:16 <tardyp> I've been working on worker control from time to time, but it takes time..
17:05:27 <djmitche> what is "worker control"?
17:05:47 <tardyp> pause /unpause /shutdown
17:05:48 <djmitche> #info Burndown of regressions against 0.8.x has only one issue left (3744)
17:06:06 <djmitche> #info more encoding work by rodrigc, leading toward full python 3 support
17:06:15 <tardyp> the last remaining bits is worker status.
17:06:18 <djmitche> #info merged FOSSA license scanner
17:06:22 <djmitche> nice
17:06:22 <tardyp> is it paused? is it shuting down?
17:06:44 <djmitche> #info work progressing on worker-control: pause/unpause, shutdown
17:06:49 <djmitche> sounds exciting
17:08:05 <djmitche> #topic FOSSA badge
17:08:12 <djmitche> https://irccloud.mozilla.com/file/h3GjyETO/Screenshot%20from%202017-11-28%2012-08-00.png
17:08:14 <djmitche> doesn't look right :)
17:08:21 <djmitche> oh, because it's .rst?
17:08:36 <djmitche> I can make a patch to fix that up
17:08:36 <tardyp> it worked last time I checked
17:08:59 <djmitche> https://app.fossa.io/projects/git%2Bgithub.com%2Fbuildbot%2Fbuildbot?ref=badge_large
17:09:02 <tardyp> indeed
17:09:29 <djmitche> I would dislike FOSSA a lot less if its CEO didn't "ping" me every time I open the page
17:10:02 <tardyp> ah:)
17:10:07 <djmitche> interesting, two deps are GPLv3
17:10:21 <tardyp> also. at the time we setup the badge, I think it didn't contain fossa logo
17:10:43 <tardyp> it was just a simple Licence Check caption
17:11:05 <djmitche> ah
17:11:09 <djmitche> anyway, I'll poke
17:11:42 <djmitche> rjarry: any update on Debian?
17:11:45 <tardyp> no its actually ok https://app.fossa.io/api/projects/git%2Bgithub.com%2Fbuildbot%2Fbuildbot.svg?type=shield
17:11:46 <djmitche> #topic Debian Packaging
17:12:02 <djmitche> yeah, it just doesn't appear in the README
17:12:07 <tardyp> I pinged him earlier today he says nothing
17:12:29 <tardyp> I mean he said no response yet
17:12:58 <djmitche> ok
17:13:03 <djmitche> #info No response from Debian people
17:13:09 <djmitche> #topic Expert Twisted
17:13:17 <djmitche> We merged our changes upstream
17:13:34 <djmitche> I think things are largely written, so it's probably time to get down to some content editing -- are we too long on some things?  Too short?
17:13:48 <tardyp> I am not sure
17:14:03 <tardyp> I think we are in the average compared to others
17:14:25 <djmitche> on specific topics, I mean
17:14:52 <djmitche> maybe we need more detail on use of the different generate syntaxes
17:14:54 <tardyp> we got a message from apress, asking to mark the chapter ready for review if they are
17:15:03 <djmitche> yeah
17:15:07 <djmitche> do you think it's ready for that?
17:15:29 <tardyp> I am not sure what ready for review mean
17:16:08 <djmitche> yeah, me neither
17:16:16 <djmitche> I'd like to get @Frodox to look at the whole thing first
17:16:26 <djmitche> anyone else wat in on reviewing?
17:16:29 <tardyp> ok.
17:16:35 * djmitche waves broadly to empty meeting room
17:16:41 <djmitche> *want
17:17:21 <tardyp> anyway :)
17:17:40 <djmitche> ok
17:17:54 <djmitche> #info we could use more content review at this time, before sending to apress
17:17:58 <djmitche> anything else?
17:18:53 <djmitche> #endmeeting