16:59:59 <tardyp> #startmeeting Weekly
16:59:59 <bb-supy> Meeting started Tue Dec  5 16:59:59 2017 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is tardyp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:59:59 <bb-supy> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:59:59 <bb-supy> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
17:00:14 <tardyp> #topic introductions
17:00:20 <rjarry> coucou o/
17:00:23 <tardyp> Hello, who is around?
17:00:24 <bdbaddog> here.
17:00:31 <rjarry> <--
17:00:44 <tardyp> agenda: http://bit.ly/2rup31x
17:01:49 <tardyp> #topic week in review
17:01:51 * djmitche waves
17:02:19 <tardyp> We fixed the fossa badge, and we saw that we had 2 GPLv3 in our npm deps
17:02:30 <tardyp> actually that was 2 false positive (dual licensing)
17:02:59 <tardyp> #info Fossa badge is up. We have no licensing breakage aparently
17:03:31 <tardyp> #info merge PR which improve change rebuildability
17:04:30 <tardyp> lots of issues from new user @WayneKeenan one is  worring #3787
17:05:25 <rjarry> oh I didn't see that one
17:05:40 <tardyp> I actually the last message is conforting
17:06:15 <tardyp> he fixed it by improving the keep alive, and that might not be a regression.
17:06:17 <rjarry> yeah
17:06:28 <tardyp> #topic releases
17:06:36 <tardyp> Next release is supposed to be 1.0
17:06:37 <rjarry> maybe my patch revealed something
17:06:51 <tardyp> rjarry: I doubt it actually
17:07:09 <tardyp> but I have not yet finished the worker control PR
17:07:16 <rjarry> in any case, waiting for the config to be finished before accepting connections seems like a good thing
17:07:16 <dol-sen> when is 1.0 ETA?
17:07:44 <tardyp> We have one bug left to fix is the worker control (gracefull shutdown in the UI)
17:07:58 <rjarry> tardyp: about 1.0, I'd like to squeeze the DELETE CASCATE in
17:08:20 <dol-sen> I should have some time in the next couple days to get the slack reporter ready for a PR
17:08:31 <tardyp> with My PR graceful shutdown is implemented, but there is no status in the UI
17:08:39 <tardyp> so we can control, but we don't have a status
17:09:05 <tardyp> Also, I think we should finish the new icon for 1.0
17:09:19 <tardyp> So I think it would be good to just release a 0.9.14 for december
17:09:27 <rjarry> heh
17:09:29 <tardyp> and wait until January for 1.0
17:09:38 <tardyp> what do you think ?
17:09:39 <rjarry> works for me
17:09:46 <rjarry> there is no hurry
17:09:58 * dol-sen agrees
17:10:16 <tardyp> #info still a bit of work to finish 1.0.
17:10:38 <rjarry> maybe we can make a christmas-special release, with a santa hat on the buildbot logo
17:10:47 <tardyp> #agreed we will release 0.9.14 for this month, and let us the time to finish it
17:11:14 <tardyp> rjarry: I was also thinking about it. Not sure if I'll have much time during xmas period
17:11:22 <rjarry> :D
17:11:27 <tardyp> xmas release best effort..
17:11:49 <tardyp> #topic SVG icon
17:12:29 <tardyp> #info good discussion is ongoing about new icon in SVG for buildbot. https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/issues/3785
17:13:29 <tardyp> We started a vote with the first versions, and then the designer sent new versions.
17:13:44 <tardyp> I think the new versions are better, but the old versions still have more votes
17:13:58 <tardyp> I fear that some people actually did not followup.
17:14:09 <rjarry> I figure the choice was between the blue and purple colors
17:14:31 <rjarry> the slight improvements that happened after are just improvements
17:15:09 <tardyp> well, we theorically have to agree that improvements are actually improvements
17:15:40 <rjarry> indeed
17:15:52 <rjarry> I personally prefer the blue version
17:16:25 <bb-github> [13buildbot] 15dragon512 commented on issue #3804: These are just suggestions from my work at Intel trying to make stuff work in large teams. Typescript I would argue is a safe bet. I found that this worked better with large teams than CoffeeScript. I know people that just love CoffeeScript, however, I found that it was very liberal on return statement value and () which made it easy for people to make code that was hard to read and easy to break.
17:16:27 <rjarry> I dont see the real difference with the new ones
17:17:09 <bdbaddog> maybe a dumb question.. but anyone have blue/green colorblindness take a look at the icon?
17:17:34 <tardyp> bdbaddog: I dont know how we can actually find out
17:18:13 <tardyp> I'd like to move forward on that.
17:18:14 <bdbaddog> just a thought. 10% of men have some form of colorblindness blue/green is the most common (if I remember correcty)
17:18:18 <rjarry> tardyp: maybe a message on the mailing list ?
17:18:28 <bdbaddog> probably not a big deal..
17:18:30 <tardyp> rjarry: I already sent a message
17:18:40 <rjarry> another one I meant
17:18:51 <rjarry> with some kind of deadline
17:19:09 <tardyp> I think I will propose the following
17:19:18 <tardyp> The inital vote was for the color.
17:19:31 <tardyp> so we have 8 VS 6 for purple
17:19:39 <rjarry> :(
17:19:47 <tardyp> rjarry: I know
17:19:53 <rjarry> hehe
17:20:23 <tardyp> then we don't have clear opposition against the improvements, so we say there are  improved version
17:20:47 <tardyp> so https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/19752150/33539220-e06ef9ce-d88a-11e7-84c6-2d429d3c40f7.png would be the winner
17:20:47 <rjarry> you prefer the originals if I understood correctly
17:21:05 <bdbaddog> +1 on that image..
17:21:18 <rjarry> i'm not fond of that color, really...
17:21:25 <tardyp> actually I think that one is indeed the best improvement
17:21:57 <rjarry> could we see a blue version of that improvement ?
17:22:17 <tardyp> rjarry: ok
17:22:38 <rjarry> I think that it would be a good thing to change the color for 1.0
17:22:43 <rjarry> compared to the old icon
17:22:48 <tardyp> agreed
17:23:04 <rjarry> otherwise the change is merely noticeable
17:23:38 <tardyp> then add that argument in the issue :)
17:23:42 <rjarry> I have to run get my kid to the nanny
17:23:48 <rjarry> I'll add that tonight
17:23:51 <rjarry> about debian packaging
17:24:10 <tardyp> #action Pierre to send an email with discussion proposal
17:24:14 <tardyp> #topic debian bpk
17:24:18 <tardyp> #undo
17:24:18 <bb-supy> Removing item from minutes: <ircmeeting.items.Topic object at 0x8068d56d0>
17:24:23 <tardyp> #topic debian pkg
17:24:28 <tardyp> rjarry: ->
17:24:38 <rjarry> I have to respond, but here is the message I received: http://dpaste.com/2E841EG
17:24:40 <tardyp> I mean you can talk
17:25:05 <rjarry> it looks promising
17:25:17 <tardyp> So we need to find a maintainer
17:25:18 <rjarry> I have to get my head around debian bugtracker
17:25:21 <tardyp> and that would be you?
17:25:28 <rjarry> yeah I'm ok with that
17:25:49 <tardyp> great!
17:26:00 <rjarry> I really have to go now :D
17:26:01 <tardyp> #info rjarry will probably be the next debian packager
17:26:05 <tardyp> ok
17:26:07 <rjarry> i'll catch up later
17:26:09 <rjarry> ++
17:26:22 <tardyp> #topic chapter
17:26:37 <tardyp> #info review patch merged by frodox this week
17:26:47 <tardyp> not sure if there is more..
17:26:56 <tardyp> any other topic?
17:27:51 <tardyp> #endmeeting