17:00:07 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
17:00:07 <bb-supy`> Meeting started Tue Jan 30 17:00:07 2018 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:00:07 <bb-supy`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
17:00:07 <bb-supy`> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
17:00:14 <djmitche> #topic Introduction
17:00:17 <djmitche> hi everyone :)
17:00:23 <djmitche> http://bit.ly/2rup31x
17:01:49 <djmitche> anyone around? :)
17:02:03 <tardyp> hi all!
17:03:06 <djmitche> hi :)
17:03:09 <djmitche> #topic Week in Review
17:03:13 <djmitche> so, what's new? :)
17:05:06 <tardyp> a few PR merged, a few bugs. Nothing mega exiting
17:05:24 <tardyp> pypiwin32 broke this week end
17:05:31 <tardyp> and was fixed today.
17:06:04 <tardyp> I think we will be ready for the release sometimes next week.
17:06:18 <djmitche> #info minor fixes / improvements, nothing exciting
17:06:24 <djmitche> #info release sometime next week
17:06:31 <djmitche> *the* release? 1.0.0.0?
17:06:41 <rjarry> hi o/
17:06:45 <rjarry> sorry, i'm late
17:07:20 <djmitche> hi ho!
17:07:33 <tardyp> yes that release
17:07:40 <rjarry> why the extra .*0 ? :D
17:08:23 <djmitche> #topic dunno :)
17:08:27 <djmitche> #undo
17:08:27 <bb-supy`> Removing item from minutes: <ircmeeting.items.Topic object at 0x806a1dd10>
17:08:27 <djmitche> oops
17:08:30 <rjarry> hehe
17:08:41 <djmitche> #info That release being 1.0.0!
17:08:51 <djmitche> should we do anything to run up to that release?
17:08:55 <nbjoerg> has anyone started on async loading of dependencies?
17:09:11 <rjarry> nbjoerg: javascript you mean ?
17:09:13 <nbjoerg> that seems to be one of the most annoying part for the web UI
17:09:14 <nbjoerg> yeah
17:09:22 <tardyp> djmitche: I was supposed to start a blog post, but I didn't
17:09:43 <rjarry> there was a guy that offered some help to switch to webpack
17:09:46 <tardyp> nbjoerg: that is already the case
17:09:54 <tardyp> d3 is loaded async
17:10:19 <tardyp> there is not much that we can really separate appart from d3
17:10:22 <djmitche> I'll just drop a plug in here for https://neutrino.js.org/
17:10:30 <djmitche> it does a good job of bundling webpack etc.
17:10:38 <djmitche> but maybe not useful here :)
17:10:57 <djmitche> ok, on to the next topic
17:10:58 <tardyp> is it in debian? :)
17:11:08 <rjarry> lol
17:11:10 <djmitche> haha, good point, no
17:11:22 <djmitche> #topic Coverity Access Request
17:12:02 <djmitche> I got a request to add someone (srikiraju) to our coverity account
17:12:11 <djmitche> (a) do we still use coverity and (b) is that legit?
17:13:14 <tardyp> sa2ajj did setup that once I think, or was it you. I am not sure that it actually produced any meaningful bug
17:13:22 <djmitche> ok
17:13:35 <djmitche> I am happy to ignore the request unless there was some work going on regarding it
17:13:37 <djmitche> probably spam
17:13:39 <tardyp> reight
17:13:49 <djmitche> #info No active work; request for access is probably spam
17:14:02 <djmitche> #topic Debian Support
17:14:07 * rjarry hides
17:14:08 * djmitche yields the floor
17:14:36 <rjarry> I keep getting distracted with other stuff
17:14:45 <rjarry> nothing new, sorry
17:15:20 <tardyp> hehe
17:16:01 <djmitche> haha, ok
17:16:04 <djmitche> #info no updates
17:16:13 <djmitche> #topic Chapter Progress
17:16:19 <djmitche> #info no word back from reviewers yet
17:16:37 <djmitche> should we move these meetings to semi-weekly, maybe?
17:16:51 <tardyp> semi weekly?
17:16:59 <rjarry> is that twice a week ?
17:17:10 <tardyp> every two weeks?
17:17:39 <rjarry> that's fine by me
17:18:33 <rjarry> I have to run, pickup kid at nanny :)
17:18:40 <rjarry> o/
17:18:43 <tardyp> bye
17:18:52 <djmitche> every two weeks
17:20:57 <tardyp> I dont think this will be easy to remember which one is the week of the meeting
17:21:35 <djmitche> yeah, that's fair
17:21:47 <djmitche> maybe someone will invent a technology that would allow us to track such things ;)
17:21:57 <djmitche> anyway, we'll keep the schedule as-is for now
17:21:59 <bdbaddog> Greetings!
17:22:01 <djmitche> hi!
17:22:02 <djmitche> what's new?
17:22:39 <bdbaddog> Not much. Gerv said they'd try to fix teh $ amount in the video.
17:22:42 <tardyp> hi bdbaddog
17:22:56 <tardyp> was fun!
17:23:16 <tardyp> is it the reason why they put us in the headline?
17:23:25 <tardyp> because they though we received that much?
17:24:26 <bdbaddog> I'm not sure.  When they shot the video they said something to the affect of: we may not use this video, we may use one from another project, we're not sure when we'll put it out. So I think they waited until they had all the interviews shot and edited and see which one they could edit to best support their message.
17:25:16 <djmitche> well, a little Fake News never hurt anyone, turns out
17:25:27 <djmitche> if only we'd gotten a Fake Check too!
17:25:39 <djmitche> #topic MOSS Interview
17:25:48 <djmitche> #info bdbaddog was interviewed about the MOSS program
17:26:06 <djmitche> https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2018/01/23/moss-q4-supporting-python-ecosystem/
17:26:07 <bdbaddog> Right?  Pointed out the error and said if they'd like to send along the rest of the funds to make the video correct we wouldn't mind.
17:26:14 <djmitche> haha
17:26:59 <tardyp> yeah I'd like that too
17:27:11 <djmitche> thanks for doing that :)
17:27:18 <djmitche> should we wrap up?
17:27:22 <bdbaddog> No problemo.
17:28:00 <djmitche> #endmeeting