17:09:30 <tardyp> #startmeeting weekly
17:09:30 <bb-supy> Meeting started Tue Feb 13 17:09:30 2018 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is tardyp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:09:30 <bb-supy> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
17:09:30 <bb-supy> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
17:09:37 <djmitche> yay!
17:09:38 <tardyp> #chair djmitche
17:09:38 <bb-supy> Current chairs: djmitche tardyp
17:09:42 <djmitche> #topic Introduction
17:09:46 <djmitche> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SAiv3Tk3lACPFVaCNExTjeU7z7NKCKCfP9_2AZ5lpjE/edit
17:09:56 <djmitche> #info sorry for the late start, had to fix supybot first!
17:10:10 <djmitche> looks like we have a quorum :)
17:10:16 <djmitche> #topic Buildbot is 1.0.0!
17:10:29 * rjarry pops champagne
17:10:46 <iTitou> Congrats /o/
17:11:34 <tardyp> yay!
17:11:38 <djmitche> As someone working on this for a looong time, this is pretty awesome for me
17:11:45 <djmitche> even if I had 0.01% to do with it :)
17:11:53 <tardyp> I dont think so
17:12:03 <djmitche> https://medium.com/buildbot/buildbot-1-0-0-38c6208ac7d7
17:12:16 <djmitche> anything else to highlight for the week?
17:13:15 <tardyp> there is several people reporting issues with windows.
17:13:38 <tardyp> https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/issues/3799
17:13:59 <tardyp> it looks like only for windows and non-utf8
17:14:16 <skelly> oh yes, I forgot about this meeting
17:14:23 <skelly> I can actually make it this week
17:14:30 <tardyp> tms reported it also this morning, but I couldn't chat with him to verify it was only for non-utf8
17:14:36 <djmitche> #info some issues with windows, with non-utf8 locales
17:15:07 <tardyp> else that's good. people upgraded and were happy
17:15:22 <djmitche> #topic Debian support
17:15:23 <tardyp> no post1 release planned \o/
17:15:26 <djmitche> rjarry: any updates?
17:15:29 <djmitche> haha, that's a great sign tardyp
17:15:37 <rjarry> djmitche: yes :)
17:15:50 <rjarry> I worked on it this week :)
17:16:18 <rjarry> so far, this is still work in progress: https://github.com/rjarry/debian-buildbot/
17:16:37 <djmitche> #info work in progress: https://github.com/rjarry/debian-buildbot/
17:17:00 <rjarry> there is a limitation with debhelper, it does not handle multiple setup.py projects in the same source package
17:17:11 <rjarry> s/debhelper/pybuild/
17:17:28 <rjarry> this is the debian tool to generate .deb from python packages
17:17:40 <djmitche> hm, that's frustrating
17:17:55 <rjarry> I am in contact with debian devs, they will release a fix soon
17:18:10 <rjarry> hopefully by next week
17:18:10 <djmitche> oh. great!
17:18:12 <tardyp> cool
17:18:24 <djmitche> #info waiting for a fix to pybuild to allow packages with multiple setup.py's like buildbot
17:18:34 <djmitche> anything else?
17:18:40 <rjarry> also, the names of the deb packages will likely be changed
17:18:49 <rjarry> to python3-buildbot*
17:18:51 <tardyp> I think we could at least deliver 1.0.0 with only worker and master without ui
17:18:54 <djmitche> that makes sense
17:19:02 <bb-github> [13buildbot] 15chrspeich commented on issue #3950: I've added a ``config.warnDeprecated``. I guessed ``1.0.1`` as version, I hops this is okay. 02https://git.io/vA3IR
17:19:32 <rjarry> they have a naming policy for python packages that expose "importable" stuff in /usr/lib/python*/dist-packages
17:19:40 <rjarry> which is the case for buildbot
17:19:58 <rjarry> tardyp: without ui nor docs :)
17:20:01 <rjarry> nor tests
17:20:10 <rjarry> missing dependencies in debian
17:20:12 <tardyp> well..
17:20:19 <tardyp> at least the tests..
17:20:29 <rjarry> are executed outside :)
17:20:29 <tardyp> we can skip some tests if packages are missing
17:20:45 <tardyp> tests are important at least to make sure no packaging issues.
17:20:50 <rjarry> true
17:21:10 <rjarry> I can work on a debian patch to disable some stuff in order to be able to build docs and run tests
17:21:21 <rjarry> this is mostly due to ramlifications
17:21:39 <tardyp> you can just post the patch to buildbot upstream
17:21:50 <rjarry> ok
17:21:54 <tardyp> that checks if raml is installed, and will skip the test
17:22:02 <rjarry> for the tests ok
17:22:06 <rjarry> but, the docs ?
17:22:11 <tardyp> I agree that it make sense to build the doc without ramlfication too
17:22:28 <tardyp> it is just an if inside the makefile
17:22:47 <tardyp> other distro people asked it
17:22:55 <rjarry> ok
17:22:56 <djmitche> #info still some work to do for tests, ui, and docs
17:23:01 <rjarry> I'll see what I can do
17:23:01 <tardyp> I think actually gentoo guy have a patch wich disable towncrier
17:23:04 <djmitche> awesome
17:23:14 <rjarry> I have to run pickup kid
17:23:21 <rjarry> I'll read what I missed
17:23:22 <djmitche> ok
17:23:26 <tardyp> ramlfication is maybe more difficult to do upstream
17:23:28 <rjarry> o/
17:23:43 <djmitche> #topic Out of space on servers
17:23:55 <djmitche> skelly: i saw your email about getting elasticache access -- did you get that fixed?
17:24:05 <djmitche> email -> issue comment
17:24:43 <tardyp> I just added skelly to core team
17:25:20 <djmitche> awesome
17:25:37 <djmitche> #info skelly fixed short-term and is working on longer-term fix
17:25:40 <djmitche> #topic Chapter Updates
17:25:51 <djmitche> #info some discussion among authors about reviews
17:25:57 <djmitche> #info warner set up PDFs for all chapters
17:26:02 <djmitche> #info no formal review returned yet
17:26:11 <djmitche> ..anything i'm forgetting?
17:26:35 <tardyp> nope
17:27:56 <djmitche> #endmeeting