17:00:00 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
17:00:00 <bb-supy`> Meeting started Tue Mar  6 17:00:00 2018 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:00:00 <bb-supy`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
17:00:00 <bb-supy`> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
17:00:02 <bdbaddog> Here!
17:00:06 <tardyp> hello
17:00:08 <rjarry> présent
17:00:08 <djmitche> wow, full house :)
17:00:17 <djmitche> #topic Introductions
17:00:26 <djmitche> http://bit.ly/2rup31x
17:00:43 <djmitche> #topic Week In Review
17:00:45 <djmitche> take it away tardyp
17:00:58 <tardyp> pretty calm this week.
17:01:09 <tardyp> a regression with windows with latest pypiwin32
17:01:20 <tardyp> which was not that bad actually
17:01:34 <tardyp> just related to the way we install it in our CI
17:02:09 <tardyp> community contribution to add properties to the rest API of buildrequests
17:02:23 <tardyp> the goal is to eventually enhance the buildrequests page to show owners I think
17:02:50 <tardyp> I removed ramlfications from our dependencies to ease the packaging  work
17:02:51 <tardyp> I
17:02:56 <tardyp> guess thats it
17:03:56 <tardyp> djmitche: ?
17:04:06 <djmitche> ok!
17:04:30 <djmitche> any new releases planned?
17:04:57 <tardyp> I should do the release this week, indeed
17:04:59 <djmitche> #info Properties added to the REST API for buildrequests
17:05:11 <djmitche> #info reamlfications removed from dependencies
17:05:18 <djmitche> #info Release coming up in the next week or so
17:05:26 <rjarry> 1.0.1 then ?
17:05:27 <djmitche> #topic MacPorts GSoC project
17:05:39 <tardyp> rjarry: 1.0.1 yes
17:05:41 <rjarry> k
17:06:04 <tardyp> so we got discussion with people from MacPort who are selected to GSoC
17:06:21 <tardyp> they wanted to have a project to enhance their CI system
17:06:47 <tardyp> they asked for mentoring help on Buildbot, I told them it is a good idea
17:06:59 <rjarry> indeed
17:07:15 <tardyp> I don't have much more info since last week
17:07:27 <tardyp> the details are in the mailing list
17:07:58 <djmitche> ok
17:08:04 <djmitche> nothing for us other than some side advice?
17:08:43 <tardyp> I think we should help them to prepare the eventual project.
17:08:48 <djmitche> ok
17:09:05 <djmitche> #info MacPorts proposing a project that involves improving their CI; they got in touch to discuss the project (on the mailing list)
17:09:13 <djmitche> #topic Debian Packaging
17:09:16 <djmitche> what's new here?
17:09:53 <tardyp> rjarry: ?
17:10:08 <rjarry> still no news from the maintainer of dh-python
17:10:17 <rjarry> I think I'll have to do all by hand
17:10:40 <rjarry> now that you dropped ramlifications, I think we'll be able to run tests :D
17:10:50 <rjarry> and build docs
17:11:38 <tardyp> good
17:11:46 <djmitche> woo!
17:11:50 <tardyp> is there other thing I need to do in order to help
17:11:56 <tardyp> besides switch to webpack?
17:11:57 <rjarry> I had a hard time with the fact that we build multiple python packages from the same source package
17:11:58 <djmitche> #info No response from dh-python maintainer
17:12:17 <rjarry> dh-python gets confused because of that
17:12:22 <rjarry> and the .deb files are empty
17:12:51 <rjarry> that's unfortunate because dh-python takes care of all the boilerplate
17:12:58 <tardyp> rjarry: probably this is not that difficult to do it by hand
17:13:12 <rjarry> so that the deb packages actually comply to debian python policy
17:13:32 <rjarry> I hope not
17:13:56 <djmitche> fixing dh-python sounds like the much lower-maintenance path :)
17:14:04 <rjarry> indeed
17:14:17 <tardyp> right
17:14:21 <rjarry> what bugs me is that the guy told me he'd work on it
17:14:27 <tardyp> if this is not a fundamental design flaw
17:14:31 <rjarry> but I guess he's too busy
17:15:21 <djmitche> downside of OSS :)
17:15:26 <rjarry> in the meantime, we'll have to switch to manual
17:15:45 <rjarry> that means digging into debian packaging fundamentals
17:15:51 <tardyp> dh-python is that complicated?
17:15:59 <rjarry> no but we have no way to patch it
17:16:03 <tardyp> can't you just fix it by yourself?
17:16:19 <rjarry> maybe
17:16:35 <rjarry> but if the patch is not upstreamed + debian versionned, it is useless
17:17:00 <rjarry> and only the maintainer of the package may submit new versions
17:17:10 <rjarry> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/dh-python
17:17:32 <djmitche> yikes, it's been 12mo
17:17:36 <rjarry> side note, this is perl :D
17:17:44 * djmitche shivers
17:18:05 <djmitche> there's no chapter update this week, so .. any other topics we should cover?
17:18:21 <rjarry> I have a very busy week, but I'll try to have a shot at manual next week
17:18:30 <tardyp> ok.
17:18:34 <tardyp> no other topic from me
17:18:37 <rjarry> nop
17:20:05 <djmitche> sounds good
17:20:08 <djmitche> #endmeeting