16:01:15 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:01:15 <bb-supy`> Meeting started Tue Apr 10 16:01:15 2018 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:01:15 <bb-supy`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:01:15 <bb-supy`> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:01:21 <djmitche> #topic Introduction
16:01:25 <djmitche> http://bit.ly/2rup31x
16:01:29 <djmitche> who's around?
16:01:34 <rjarry> hey o/
16:01:51 <djmitche> hi!
16:03:17 <djmitche> tardyp: around?
16:03:23 <djmitche> it's no fun without you :)
16:03:29 <djmitche> bdbaddog: too, to talk about botherders
16:03:33 <tardyp> hi
16:03:56 <djmitche> hi!
16:03:59 <djmitche> #topic Week in Review
16:04:08 <bdbaddog> here
16:04:21 <tardyp> hi bdbaddog
16:04:31 <bdbaddog> Hi!
16:04:40 <tardyp> so this week. I released 1.1.1, which is very small, but with annoying bug fix
16:04:49 <bdbaddog> 1.1.1 !
16:04:57 <bdbaddog> And cloudflare launched 1.1.1.1.
16:04:59 <djmitche> #info Released 1.1.1 -- with a small fix over 1.1.0
16:05:04 <tardyp> I merged a few minor patches before that
16:05:09 <djmitche> hahah
16:05:17 <tardyp> bdbaddog: yes, I made a joke about that in the blog
16:05:29 <tardyp> https://medium.com/buildbot/buildbot-1-1-1-932ecab9a300
16:05:50 <bdbaddog> +1 ;)
16:06:20 <djmitche> I love the blog entries
16:06:24 <djmitche> any other updates?
16:06:38 <tardyp> rjarry has some, but I let him talk
16:06:46 <djmitche> ok
16:06:48 <rjarry> heh
16:06:52 <djmitche> #topic Debian Packaging
16:06:54 <djmitche> go! :)
16:06:55 <rjarry> wait for it
16:07:07 <rjarry> https://tracker.debian.org/news/947020/accepted-buildbot-111-3-source-into-unstable/
16:07:25 <tardyp> yeah!
16:07:29 <rjarry> :)
16:07:40 <rjarry> ok so, what does this mean
16:07:54 <djmitche> #info Buildbot-1.1.1 accepted into Debian stable
16:08:01 <rjarry> s/stable/unstable/
16:08:02 <djmitche> other htan "awesome"? :)
16:08:22 <djmitche> #undo
16:08:22 <bb-supy`> Removing item from minutes: <ircmeeting.items.Info object at 0x806fbadd0>
16:08:26 <djmitche> #info Buildbot-1.1.1 accepted into Debian unstable
16:08:53 <rjarry> it means that unless something goes terribly wrong, it should go into testing in a few weeks
16:09:17 <rjarry> also, it means that it should be included in ubuntu bionic (18.04)
16:09:45 <bdbaddog> Nice!
16:09:48 <tardyp> what is the deadline for inclusion in 18.04?
16:09:50 <bdbaddog> Persistance pays off!
16:09:53 <rjarry> there is a problem with the autopkgtests: http://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/packages/b/buildbot/bionic/armhf but I don't have access to an arm platform to investigate the problem
16:10:00 <cmouse> hm.
16:10:06 <cmouse> seems i need to update bb again
16:10:42 <rjarry> the same tests work on x86
16:11:00 <rjarry> http://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/packages/b/buildbot
16:11:04 <djmitche> Job for buildmaster@default.service failed because a timeout was exceeded.
16:11:10 <djmitche> might just be slower on ARM?
16:11:19 <rjarry> maybe
16:11:26 <tardyp> yes, this is often a problem
16:11:30 <tardyp> timeing issues
16:11:33 <bdbaddog> and/or.. do you know how much memory that system has? could be out of memory?
16:11:43 <tardyp> timeout=200
16:11:46 <tardyp> in the testcase
16:11:49 <tardyp> can help
16:11:58 <tardyp> in the testcase class
16:12:18 <rjarry> I left a 5 seconds timeout: https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/applications/buildbot/blob/debian/master/debian/python3-buildbot.buildmaster@.service#L11
16:12:21 <tardyp> I put the default timeout to 4 in order to fail earlier
16:12:26 <rjarry> I guess I can increase it
16:12:44 <djmitche> it's worth a try :)
16:12:48 <rjarry> tardyp: the error is not in buildbot tests
16:12:52 <tardyp> some integration tests can be slow
16:13:01 <djmitche> well, that's pretty great -- are you confident you'll be able to get updated versions in reasonably quickly?
16:13:04 <rjarry> this is what does not work https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/applications/buildbot/blob/debian/master/debian/tests/smoke
16:13:23 <rjarry> djmitche: yes
16:13:42 <rjarry> the package is now officially maintained by the Python Application Packaging Team
16:13:56 <rjarry> that means a lot of people can integrate stuff
16:14:06 <djmitche> oh, great
16:14:14 <djmitche> so for minor version bumps whoever gets to it first can just do the bump
16:14:18 <rjarry> also, it means I can pester a lot of debian developers to sponsor new versions I create
16:14:23 <djmitche> haha
16:14:30 <djmitche> nice work :)
16:14:56 <bdbaddog> +1
16:15:03 <djmitche> ..moving on
16:15:13 <djmitche> #topic Botherder stepping down: tomprince
16:15:34 <rjarry> btw: it means that the buildbot/debian-* repos can be archived (they are now obsolete)
16:15:40 <djmitche> #info Tom now works for Mozilla, as does Dustin, so per our bylaws Tom has stepped down
16:15:51 <djmitche> I'll do that rjarry
16:16:09 <tardyp> +1
16:17:00 <djmitche> so that leaves us with five botherders, three of whom are at all active
16:17:02 <djmitche> https://github.com/buildbot/botherders
16:17:51 <bdbaddog> Any community members we should invite? Or should we ask for volunteers?
16:18:19 <djmitche> I guess we need to have a motion to recognize tom's resignation .. I'll do that.
16:18:43 <djmitche> asking for volunteers is probably good
16:18:54 * djmitche looks at meeting attendance, mutters "hmmm"
16:19:37 <bdbaddog> Second motion to recognize Tom's resignation and also to commend him on his contributions!
16:19:38 <djmitche> I'll put some feelers out
16:19:41 <djmitche> yes
16:20:00 <djmitche> I will also contact Amar and Jared.  I suspect Amar would like to remain a quiet member, but Jared might not
16:20:00 <cmouse> me h
16:20:08 <cmouse> there is again bug in gitlab reporter :(
16:20:20 <djmitche> cmouse: are you volunteering as a botherder? :)
16:20:40 <tardyp> got to run :-/
16:20:45 <djmitche> ok
16:20:47 * djmitche waves
16:20:53 <tardyp> seeya
16:20:58 <bdbaddog> l8r
16:21:04 <djmitche> #action djmitche to make motion to recognize Tom's resignation
16:21:16 <djmitche> #action djmitche to put out feelers for more botherders, contact silent botherders
16:21:22 <djmitche> anything else to address on that topic?
16:21:26 <bdbaddog> Perhaps rodrigc? He's done a lot on py3
16:21:30 <cmouse> djmitche: i guess i have to
16:21:35 <cmouse> 2018-04-10 16:19:34+0000 [-] Could not send status "running" for git@git.dovecot.net:dovecot/core.git at 5441373137620aa8094ceafd9e698d430f5ed0d0: Cannot transition status via :run from :running (Reason(s): Status cannot transition via "run")
16:21:39 <cmouse> :(
16:21:53 <djmitche> haha
16:22:02 <djmitche> bdbaddog: good thinking
16:22:20 <cmouse> The state of the status. Can be one of the following: pending, running, success, failed, canceled
16:22:25 * cmouse wonders wtf they want
16:22:32 <cmouse> oh you're having a meeting
16:22:36 <djmitche> anything else for the meeting?
16:22:38 <djmitche> it's ok :)
16:23:16 <bdbaddog> I think I have an outstanding item to claim the MOSS remaining bounty for tardyp and assign bounty to buildbot?
16:23:25 <djmitche> That sounds right
16:23:48 <bdbaddog> I'll try and get some forward progress before next meeeting.
16:24:48 <djmitche> ok, great
16:24:51 <djmitche> I'll add to the agenda
16:24:53 * djmitche wavs
16:24:57 <djmitche> #endmeeting