16:00:57 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:00:57 <bb-supy`> Meeting started Tue May 15 16:00:57 2018 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:00:57 <bb-supy`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:00:57 <bb-supy`> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:01:01 <djmitche> #topic Introduction
16:01:06 <djmitche> http://bit.ly/2rup31x
16:01:10 <djmitche> looks like we have
16:01:12 <djmitche> #nick rjarray
16:01:15 <djmitche> #nick tardyp
16:01:31 <tardyp> ahah
16:01:43 <djmitche> #topic Week In Review
16:01:45 <rjarray> :D
16:01:52 <djmitche> what's new?
16:01:57 <djmitche> haha, sorry rjarry
16:02:01 <rjarry> np :)
16:03:04 <tardyp> this week... Lots of new issues.  Not that many pull request
16:03:43 <tardyp> looks like with 1.0 and debian packaging, people are restarting to upgrade their old bots.
16:04:18 <rjarry> who would have thought :)
16:04:34 <djmitche> is that from telemetry?
16:04:54 <tardyp> no, but that what I induce from the issues.
16:05:12 <djmitche> ok
16:05:13 <tardyp> a few issues from people saying they are upgrading their bots
16:05:32 <djmitche> #info issues suggest users are upgrading to new versions of Buildbot -- positive sign!
16:05:39 <djmitche> that's great :)
16:06:14 <rjarry> btw, I missed the last 2 meetings, ubuntu 18.04 was released and it includes buildbot 1.1.1
16:06:23 <djmitche> wow!
16:06:29 <djmitche> #info Ubuntu 18.04 includes Buildbot-1.1.1!
16:06:47 <djmitche> let's see
16:06:56 <rjarry> that may be related to how many people are upgrading
16:07:04 <djmitche> quick reminder that I'll miss the june 12 meeting (/cc tardyp)
16:07:15 <tardyp> I could use some help to manage those new issues
16:07:48 <djmitche> #info CALL FOR ASSISTANCE: we need some help triaging and responding to the new issues around upgrading
16:08:22 <tardyp> Also I have much less time that I used to get for resolving harder issues
16:08:40 <djmitche> that's fair :)
16:08:45 <tardyp> We have big users with big multimaster infra, which do not contribute much more than issues
16:09:07 <tardyp> I would like them to contribute more. not sure how to tell them :)
16:09:13 <djmitche> yeah
16:10:07 <djmitche> http://pyvideo.org/pycascades-2018/setting-expectations-for-open-source-participation.html
16:10:30 <djmitche> we could potentially just ask :)
16:10:43 <rjarry> I guess so
16:11:22 <rjarry> tardyp: I'll try and have a look at the issues this week, maybe I can help on some of them
16:11:28 <djmitche> awesome :)
16:11:30 <tardyp> cool
16:11:35 <tardyp> thanks
16:11:59 <tardyp> next topic?
16:12:07 <djmitche> #topic Botherders changes
16:12:32 <djmitche> so tomprince's resignation is complete, and I'm just waiting for r+ on https://github.com/buildbot/botherders/pull/6 for skelly
16:13:42 <djmitche> #topic Downtime
16:13:44 <tardyp> aproved
16:13:51 <djmitche> thanks :)
16:14:06 <djmitche> #info Amar and OSUOSL are working together to mount the drives from the failed host
16:14:18 <djmitche> and Amar has been gathering pricing information on a new power supply
16:14:24 <djmitche> do you know what our balance is like?
16:15:21 <tardyp> I don't. I have in mind that we have a few thousands
16:15:43 <djmitche> ok
16:16:00 <djmitche> we can handle that on the botherders list
16:16:07 <djmitche> I think the replacement is about US$150
16:16:17 <djmitche> any other topics?
16:16:21 <rjarry> yep
16:16:27 <rjarry> webpack stuff
16:16:38 <rjarry> tardyp: I just came back from vacation
16:16:48 <rjarry> was there any movement on this ?
16:16:56 <tardyp> not really
16:17:05 <rjarry> ok
16:17:21 <rjarry> is there anything I can do to help ?
16:17:30 <tardyp> uglycoyte started to look at publishing buildbot-module and guanlecoja-ui to npm
16:17:33 <djmitche> #topic Webpack
16:18:00 <tardyp> which is a prerequisite to webpack that I wanted to avoid, but looks lke it is not really avoidable
16:18:06 <rjarry> so we don't need bower ?
16:18:44 <tardyp> there is still the bower hack I've done for the main app
16:19:00 <tardyp> but he has been working on the plugin first
16:19:04 <rjarry> ok
16:19:07 <tardyp> which is a good aproach as well, more simple
16:19:14 <tardyp> but this needs those 2 modules to
16:19:25 <tardyp> to npm, in order to run the tests
16:19:51 <tardyp> you can try to bump the issue to motivate uglycoyot to work on this
16:20:14 <rjarry> hehe
16:20:33 <djmitche> what's the summary here?
16:20:57 <tardyp> well, there is slow progress, but we have a plan
16:23:04 <rjarry> I'll check with uglycoyote
16:23:16 <djmitche> ok
16:23:37 <rjarry> in the meantime, I'll package 1.1.2 as soon as you sign the source archive :)
16:23:43 <djmitche> hehe
16:23:45 <rjarry> (for debian)
16:23:59 <djmitche> aside from that, anything else before we wrap up?
16:24:04 <tardyp> #topic release
16:24:10 <tardyp> I just finished 1.1.2
16:24:43 <rjarry> I have to run pickup my kid
16:24:46 <rjarry> o/
16:24:53 <tardyp> https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/releases/tag/v1.1.2
16:25:06 <tardyp> yeah I have to run too.
16:25:43 <tardyp> end meeting?
16:25:58 <tardyp> #endmeeting
16:26:24 <tardyp> djmitche: ?
16:29:56 <djmitche> sorry, network died
16:29:59 <djmitche> #endmeeting