15:59:59 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
15:59:59 <bb-supy`> Meeting started Tue May 29 15:59:59 2018 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:59:59 <bb-supy`> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:59:59 <bb-supy`> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:00:07 <djmitche> #topic Introduction
16:00:14 <djmitche> http://bit.ly/2rup31x
16:00:42 <djmitche> who else is here?
16:00:53 <bdbaddog> Here!
16:01:18 <tardyp> hi!
16:01:49 <djmitche> hi!
16:01:54 <djmitche> #topic Week in Review
16:01:56 <tardyp> no email
16:01:57 <djmitche> what's new this week?
16:02:14 <djmitche> hm, indeed
16:02:30 <bdbaddog> Update from MOSS. They said go ahead and award.
16:02:32 <tardyp> this week, a few more PRs than usual.
16:02:33 <bdbaddog> "It looks like you are free to award the bounty as you see fit--there are no conditions in the contract regarding when to release the payments and since your invoice has already been paid, you don't need to provide us with any additional documentation.
16:02:33 <bdbaddog> Once the final bounty is paid, we would love to see a short blog post from you about the work you were able to accomplish using your MOSS award. This is not, strictly speaking, a requirement for your project, though it would help us get the word out to other folks who might be interested in applying for MOSS support and would be very much appreciated.
16:02:33 <bdbaddog> "
16:03:32 <tardyp> good
16:03:37 <bdbaddog> So we can go ahead and request SFC to add to buildbot's fund for work by tardyp (and others?) on the latent slave bounty. I think that was what we discussed.
16:03:53 <tardyp> right
16:04:08 <bdbaddog> o.k. I'll coordinate with SFC.
16:04:31 <djmitche> #topic MOSS Update
16:04:36 <bdbaddog> As resident Blogger.. tardyp would your write up some short blog post about the latent slave fixes?
16:05:00 <djmitche> We are free to award the MOSS grant as we see fit -- for the latent worker work in this case
16:05:11 <djmitche> awesome!
16:05:17 <djmitche> #info We are free to award the MOSS grant as we see fit -- for the latent worker work in this case
16:05:32 <djmitche> tardyp: any new exciting developments?
16:06:04 <tardyp> this week, some enhancements in the gitlab support from dank, and also some py3 fixups for windows
16:06:26 <djmitche> excellent
16:06:32 <djmitche> what's the overall status of python 3 support?
16:06:51 <tardyp> its done overall +- untested code
16:07:05 <djmitche> awesome
16:07:20 <tardyp> those windows stuff were in hard-to-test service boilerplate
16:07:26 <djmitche> got it
16:07:34 <djmitche> so mostly, python 3 could run in production, but there might be bugs
16:07:42 <tardyp> right
16:07:55 <tardyp> we see more and more ppl using it
16:09:35 <djmitche> awesome
16:09:38 <djmitche> that telemetry was a *Great* idea
16:09:46 <djmitche> #topic Downtime recovery
16:09:59 <djmitche> I don't have an updates here.  I'll see where Amar is at with ordering the replacement
16:10:22 <djmitche> We have disabled TLS on smtpd (its certificate had expired already, anyway)
16:10:47 <djmitche> I'm trying to figure out why the weekliy email didn't go out, but perhaps related :)
16:10:54 <djmitche> anything else
16:10:55 <djmitche> ?
16:11:10 <bdbaddog> That's all I have.
16:11:20 <bdbaddog> can you use letsencrypt cert's for smtpd ?
16:12:40 <djmitche> I don't know
16:12:42 <_ikke_> yes
16:12:49 <djmitche> hah, awesome :)
16:12:57 <djmitche> _ikke_: any idea how to set that up for postfix?
16:13:07 <bdbaddog> does buidlbot.net use a letsencrtype cert?
16:13:30 <djmitche> https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot-infra/tree/master/roles/postfix
16:13:34 <djmitche> I believe so, yes
16:13:59 <_ikke_> djmitche: simplest I guess is to have a webserver on the mail subdomain
16:14:06 <_ikke_> *the easiest
16:14:19 <djmitche> makes sense
16:14:22 <_ikke_> if that's not possible, you can also do dns validation
16:14:31 <djmitche> ok
16:16:46 <djmitche> #endmeeting