#buildbot: weekly

Meeting started by djmitche at 17:00:07 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Introduction (djmitche, 17:00:20)
    1. http://bit.ly/2rup31x (djmitche, 17:00:25)

  2. Week in Review (djmitche, 17:01:50)
    1. Released 1.8.0 (djmitche, 17:03:22)
    2. moving to Kubernetes on GCP, as previous hosting is shutting down (djmitche, 17:03:36)
    3. Dropping support for Python-2.7 (djmitche, 17:03:50)
    4. next up is 2.0 (djmitche, 17:03:59)
    5. also removing "slave" naming (djmitche, 17:05:54)

  3. Undocumented APIs (djmitche, 17:06:27)
    1. AGREED: everything not documented is private, but that's not terribly clear right now, and should be clarified in 2.0 (djmitche, 17:11:34)
    2. http://docs.buildbot.net/current/developer/apis.html (tardyp, 17:12:20)

  4. Kubernetes Workers (djmitche, 17:13:17)
    1. now running metabuildbot on GKE in Google Cloud (djmitche, 17:13:31)
    2. will need to pay for compute resources after trial expires (djmitche, 17:16:31)

  5. GSoC as a Python sub-org (djmitche, 17:18:45)
    1. Mentoring for GSoC within the Python org means we just need to mentor -- not admin (djmitche, 17:19:59)
    2. AGREED: let's do it (djmitche, 17:22:08)
    3. p12tic interested in mentoring (djmitche, 17:22:17)
    4. rjarry interested in mentoring (djmitche, 17:23:15)
    5. next step is to let python project admins know, and follow up from there (djmitche, 17:24:33)
    6. ACTION: tardyp to communicate with python admins (djmitche, 17:24:51)


Meeting ended at 17:25:57 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. tardyp to communicate with python admins


Action items, by person

  1. tardyp
    1. tardyp to communicate with python admins


People present (lines said)

  1. djmitche (77)
  2. tardyp (47)
  3. p12tic (27)
  4. rjarry (16)
  5. bb-supy (3)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.