#buildbot: weekly

Meeting started by djmitche at 16:59:34 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Introduction (djmitche, 16:59:50)
    1. http://bit.ly/2rup31x (djmitche, 16:59:54)

  2. Week in Review (djmitche, 17:01:11)
    1. CRLF injection vulnerability in /auth/logout?redirect= discovered; CVE number pending (djmitche, 17:03:33)
    2. Fix is in 1.8.1 and 2.0.0; will announce to oss-sec soon (djmitche, 17:07:24)
    3. 2.0.0 requires Python 3.5 (djmitche, 17:08:10)
    4. a user interrupted a long-running migration task and corrupted data (left temp table around); considering ways to mitigate that risk (djmitche, 17:11:05)
    5. ACTION: rjarry to file issue about interrupting migrations (djmitche, 17:13:21)

  3. Python 2.7 deprecation (djmitche, 17:13:27)
    1. still about 50/50% python2/python3 now, based on telemetry (djmitche, 17:13:40)
    2. hopefully the Buildbot 2.0.0 release will help move that toward python3 (djmitche, 17:13:54)

  4. Mailing list posts flagged as spam (djmitche, 17:17:18)
    1. https://screenshots.firefox.com/72Kffet8p5ZA2ikX/mail.google.com (djmitche, 17:20:23)
    2. https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot-infra/issues/220 (djmitche, 17:20:35)

  5. Kubernetes Workers (djmitche, 17:23:24)
    1. switched to a paid GCP account with a higher quota (djmitche, 17:25:23)
    2. builds are a little faster, but startup is a little slower (djmitche, 17:26:05)
    3. https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/wiki/Buildbot-GSoC-Projects-2019 (tardyp, 17:30:37)

  6. GSoC (djmitche, 17:31:03)
    1. ideas page established; still looking for mentors (djmitche, 17:31:17)


Meeting ended at 17:32:20 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. rjarry to file issue about interrupting migrations


Action items, by person

  1. rjarry
    1. rjarry to file issue about interrupting migrations


People present (lines said)

  1. djmitche (71)
  2. tardyp (65)
  3. rjarry (22)
  4. bdbaddog (15)
  5. bb-supy (4)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.