17:00:15 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
17:00:15 <bb-supy> Meeting started Tue Feb 12 17:00:15 2019 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:00:15 <bb-supy> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
17:00:15 <bb-supy> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
17:00:26 <djmitche> #topic Introduction
17:00:33 <djmitche> http://bit.ly/2rup31x <-- agenda
17:00:38 <bdbaddog> Greetings!
17:00:39 <djmitche> meeting time limit is 30 minutes
17:00:43 <djmitche> hi bdbaddog!
17:00:59 <djmitche> #nick tardyp
17:01:02 <djmitche> who else is about?
17:01:55 <rjarry> hello
17:02:06 <djmitche> hi!
17:02:09 <djmitche> #topic Week in Review
17:02:15 <djmitche> what's new this week?
17:02:21 <djmitche> there was a 2.0.1?
17:02:24 <rjarry> yes
17:02:34 <rjarry> already in debian too
17:02:49 <tardyp> yes, I did that because the 2.0.0 would install on python2 installs
17:03:09 <tardyp> because we forgot to remove universal wheels
17:03:25 <djmitche> oh!
17:03:26 <tardyp> so it would upgrade but not reboot.
17:03:42 <tardyp> so I did make the decision to urgently remove the 2.0.0
17:03:43 <djmitche> #info 2.0.1 released due to flaw in 2.0.0 that would upgrade on python2 but not start up
17:03:51 <tardyp> which is a shame as we cannot hide a release anymore
17:03:53 <rjarry> tardyp: you removed 2.0.0 from pypi ?
17:03:59 <tardyp> so this breaks any requirements.txt
17:04:12 <tardyp> yes, if you don't remove it, py2 would still upgrade to 2.0.0
17:04:27 <rjarry> ok
17:04:32 <tardyp> in former pypi, you could hide a release for such reason
17:04:47 <tardyp> it was still available if you pip instal buildbot==2.0.0
17:04:49 <djmitche> #info 2.0.0 removed from pypi to avoid user issues (but could cause requirements.txt's specifying ==2.0.0 to fail)
17:05:12 <tardyp> so this is why I did the fast re-release
17:05:26 <tardyp> to avoid having to much people upgrade
17:05:30 <djmitche> ++
17:05:41 <tardyp> still, we had 30+ installs on the usage data
17:05:47 <tardyp> in 3 days
17:05:52 <djmitche> huh
17:05:54 <djmitche> that's impressive
17:06:12 <tardyp> probably also people trying buildbot
17:06:19 <djmitche> yeah
17:06:25 <tardyp> not only prod updates
17:06:28 <djmitche> anything else this week?
17:06:44 <tardyp> we got the SSL/TLS PR beeing revived
17:06:53 <tardyp> which is quite good news
17:06:57 <bdbaddog> Thought.. Does it make sense along with our telemetry to check if the version being run has security issues and/or upgrades available?
17:07:07 <bdbaddog> (As a point of reference jenkins does this)
17:07:43 <djmitche> bdbaddog: so some kind of feedback from the telemetry, to log "hey this version has a vuln!"
17:07:52 <tardyp> well, this is not telemetry
17:07:58 <tardyp> but this is a good idea
17:08:29 <bdbaddog> so on the top bar of jenkins (can't share beçause clients) there's a search bar and to the left of that a red square with a # in it.
17:08:47 <tardyp> we would need to host a list of version vulnerable in the doc
17:08:57 <bdbaddog> this shows if upgrade availabe and also if any plugins have upgrades/security
17:09:01 <tardyp> so this is easy to maintain
17:09:22 <djmitche> sounds like a neat idea anyway
17:09:24 <tardyp> always look in docs.buildbot.net/latest/security_updates.json
17:09:39 <bdbaddog> There's of course some sensitivity needed that buildbot would be reaching out to the internet, but I think we have that covered with the telemetry?
17:09:51 <djmitche> #info suggestion of an indication in the BB UI that the master is out of date and needs update
17:10:09 <djmitche> yeah, and we could be clear that we don't log those pings
17:10:16 <djmitche> maybe just from a GCS bucket or something
17:10:20 <bdbaddog> maybe two levels? yellow= upgrade availabe, red=security ?
17:10:34 <djmitche> now you're getting fancy :)
17:10:40 <djmitche> sounds like this would be a good issue to file?
17:10:49 <tardyp> I'll do it.
17:11:07 <bdbaddog> I'll see if I can get an image of what jenkins does and add to the issue?
17:11:10 <bdbaddog> as an example
17:11:11 <tardyp> Then on the weekly review, there are also a bunch of activity from p12tic and rjarry
17:11:30 <rjarry> btw, I am working on that prioritizeBuilders issue
17:11:38 <rjarry> I think I see what the problem is
17:11:52 <djmitche> #info activity on issue with prioritizeBuilders
17:11:55 <djmitche> what's the issue?
17:12:08 <rjarry> the function is completely ignored
17:12:13 <rjarry> well not ignored
17:12:13 <tardyp> and mokibit's removal of MyClass(object): -> MyClass:
17:12:33 <rjarry> but the returned builder names order is not respected
17:12:55 <rjarry> there is an issue in BuildRequestDistributor._activityLoop
17:13:13 <tardyp> i guess this is a very old issue
17:13:24 <tardyp> not sure if priorityBuilders is so much used, then :)
17:13:39 <djmitche> #info prioritizeBuilders result appears to be largely ignored
17:13:41 <tardyp> it is there since nine
17:14:26 <rjarry> yes I think the culprit is https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/commit/86731c0e0b158
17:14:57 <tardyp> not so old then
17:15:00 <djmitche> #info mokibit is removing old ClassName(object): .. syntax
17:15:12 <djmitche> should we talk mailing list, etc.?
17:15:45 <tardyp> not sure why this would be the culprit.. we can talk about that later
17:15:55 <tardyp> I think that skelly worked on it
17:16:00 <djmitche> #topic Mailing List traffic flagged a spam
17:16:15 <tardyp> but not sure if he actually managed to setup those DNS stuff
17:16:21 <djmitche> skelly and verm were working on this
17:16:26 <djmitche> yeah, I don't have an update in the last 24h
17:16:34 <tardyp> djmitche: I think you own the DNS server?
17:16:42 <djmitche> #info Seems we need to fix reverse DNS for buildbot.net, and set up SPF
17:16:46 <djmitche> it's in bb-infra
17:16:49 <tardyp> ok
17:16:54 <djmitche> so I can do the first
17:17:10 <djmitche> I'll keep checking in, hopefully we'll get this solved soon :0
17:17:21 <djmitche> #topic Billing support for GCP account
17:17:24 <djmitche> did this get fixed up?
17:17:29 <djmitche> bdbaddog: ^^
17:17:39 <tardyp> no, I've been pinging bret last week, but he didn't answer yet
17:17:58 <tardyp> he said he would connect as a billing manager to our account, which looks fine
17:18:14 <tardyp> and then he can install a new credit card, and we can move on
17:18:14 <bdbaddog> tardyp: can you tell if that's been setup yet?
17:18:29 <bdbaddog> tardyp: is it on your CC for the interim?
17:18:50 <tardyp> I can tell he didn't do it, as he needs to ask me to get access
17:19:06 <tardyp> it is my CC, but we are still in the trial funds
17:19:39 <djmitche> #info waiting for Bret to request access to the GCP account to set up billing
17:19:49 <tardyp> we still have 231,18 €
17:20:03 <djmitche> #info still in the free-trial period for now, but clock is ticking :)
17:20:19 <djmitche> would a ping from bdbaddog help?
17:21:07 <bdbaddog> sure I'll ping. They run a bit hot and cold for responsiveness.
17:21:20 <djmitche> yeah :/
17:21:22 <djmitche> ok
17:21:30 <djmitche> #topic GSoC 2019
17:21:31 <tardyp> our budget is 26.37 EUR
17:21:38 <djmitche> ^ per month?
17:21:43 <tardyp> yes
17:22:02 <tardyp> this is the prevision for feb based on current activity
17:22:31 <tardyp> also, we got a full CI in 12 minutes last week
17:22:39 <djmitche> that's awesome :D
17:22:42 <tardyp> which is pretty fast imho
17:22:54 <djmitche> #info GCP is quite a bit faster - 12m to finish a PR
17:23:08 <tardyp> it is when the stars are aligned
17:23:11 <rjarry> we'll still be waiting for appveyor, lol
17:23:18 <tardyp> ie when the machines are already up
17:23:23 <tardyp> yes appveyor is a pain
17:23:44 <rjarry> do we have a lot of windows users ?
17:23:51 <tardyp> we do
17:23:56 <rjarry> poor people
17:24:24 <tardyp> hehe
17:24:30 <tardyp> about gsoc, no news this week
17:24:35 <tardyp> this is the review phase
17:24:47 <tardyp> not sure if google is choosing the suborgs, or if that is PSF
17:24:47 <rjarry> by the gsoc team ?
17:25:11 <djmitche> #info #info no GSoC news, still in the review phase
17:25:35 <djmitche> ok, so we won't hear for a few weeks
17:25:53 <djmitche> any other business?
17:27:01 <tardyp> nope
17:27:10 <djmitche> ok
17:27:20 <djmitche> thanks everyone!
17:27:23 <djmitche> #endmeeting