16:59:59 <tardyp> #startmeeting weekly
16:59:59 <bb-supy> Meeting started Tue Feb 19 16:59:59 2019 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is tardyp. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:59:59 <bb-supy> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:59:59 <bb-supy> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
17:00:00 <bb-supy> djmitche: Error: Can't start another meeting, one is in progress.  Use #endmeeting first.
17:00:10 <tardyp> ahah
17:00:14 <djmitche> #topic Introduction
17:00:17 <verm__> heh
17:00:18 <tardyp> #chair djmitche
17:00:18 <bb-supy> Current chairs: djmitche tardyp
17:00:29 <djmitche> haha, thanks :)
17:00:42 <tardyp> #topic introduction
17:00:44 <rjarry> hello
17:00:50 <p12tic> hi
17:00:54 <verm__> hey
17:01:04 <djmitche> http://bit.ly/2rup31x
17:01:10 <tardyp> thats a big crowd today!
17:01:11 <djmitche> Agenda is ^^; time limit is 30 minutes
17:01:13 <djmitche> anyone can speak
17:01:33 <verm__> so i have DKIM setup, i disabled ansible on the mx jail for now
17:01:44 <verm__> do we store the buildbot.net master zone in ansible?  doesn't look like it
17:02:01 <djmitche> yes, we do
17:02:03 <verm__> if i enable DKIM and our zone gets wiped out that will ensure none of our mail gets delivered haha
17:02:07 <verm__> oh?  how?
17:02:10 <djmitche> https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot-infra/pull/223
17:02:43 <tardyp> cool
17:02:57 <rjarry> does that mean that the spam thing is fixed ?
17:03:03 <verm__> almost
17:03:12 <tardyp> we need to merge that first
17:03:19 <verm__> i have to set it up on the lists jail as well or setup our primary MTA to sign the emails that are relayed through it
17:03:22 <rjarry> right
17:03:23 <djmitche> #topic Mailing list Messages reported as Spam
17:03:28 <verm__> tardyp: good god thanks for saying that
17:03:40 <verm__> i was about to lose my mind there for a second on how i missed that
17:03:57 <verm__> it's just a couple of lines that need to be added to buildbot.net
17:04:13 <tardyp> do you have it in mx yet?
17:04:15 <verm__> check the zonefile on mx it's the TXT entry can you make that part of the merge?
17:04:18 <verm__> tardyp: yes i do
17:05:03 <tardyp> so it is not fully finished then?
17:05:13 <tardyp> it needs more TXT entries?
17:05:17 <verm__> it is, but i need to make sure the DNS entry does not get wiped out
17:05:20 <verm__> before i enable it
17:05:36 <verm__> https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=dkim%3abuildbot.net%3amail&run=toolpage
17:06:22 <verm__> tardyp: no more TXT entries just the one
17:07:34 <tardyp> not sure I understand exactly how all of this is working djmitche do you?
17:07:44 <tardyp> verm__: do you need help to ansiblize this?
17:07:54 <verm__> no i can handle that
17:08:01 <tardyp> good
17:08:10 <verm__> tardyp: basically you add an entry to your domain.  then you sign your outgoing emails with the private key
17:08:36 <verm__> the receiving MTA will lookup the proper TXT entry on the domain via DNS and check the signature on the email
17:08:53 <verm__> so it can verify it's coming from an official source.  once it's setup google will accept our emails
17:09:31 <tardyp> ok
17:10:01 <verm__> but i can't enable it without ensuring the buildbot.net master zone won't get overwritten without the TXT entry
17:10:43 <tardyp> and you need help to ensure that?
17:10:56 <djmitche> verm__: add it via ansible
17:11:08 <verm__> djmitche: did you merge your changes?
17:11:27 <tardyp> not yet
17:11:33 <verm__> tardyp: well, i wanted to know what the current setup was as i didn't see it in the infra repo but i see that djmitche added it
17:11:48 <tardyp> its still in the PR phase
17:11:55 <tardyp> so not yet in mainline
17:12:18 <verm__> should i just disable ansible on ns1 for now until we get it all sorted?
17:12:29 <verm__> that way i can enable and test it right now
17:12:48 <verm__> disable the crontab, that is.
17:13:06 <tardyp> yes you can do that
17:13:07 <djmitche> temporarily like for a few minutes?
17:13:17 <verm__> djmitche: until the TXT entry is in the repo and verified
17:14:02 <djmitche> repo = buildbot-infra?
17:14:13 <verm__> yep
17:15:56 <djmitche> that sounds fine
17:15:59 <djmitche> (same for MX)
17:16:34 <verm__> okay it's working
17:16:41 <djmitche> woo!
17:16:43 <verm__> if anyone has a gmail account and wants to verify send it to me
17:16:52 <tardyp> tardyp@gmail.com
17:16:53 <verm__> djmitche: well this is only the first part now i have to ge tour mailing list emails signed :)
17:17:05 <verm__> tardyp: sent
17:17:08 <verm__> if you open the email
17:17:16 <verm__> look below the name where it says 'to me' and a down arrow
17:17:17 <verm__> click that
17:17:28 <verm__> you will now see 'signed-by: buildbot.net'
17:17:36 <tardyp> ARC-Authentication-Results: i=1; mx.google.com;
17:17:36 <tardyp> dkim=pass header.i=@buildbot.net header.s=mail header.b=acWUkcBz;
17:17:36 <tardyp> spf=neutral (google.com: 140.211.10.235 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of root@buildbot.net)
17:17:48 <tardyp> looks good!
17:17:51 <verm__> great
17:17:58 <verm__> now i'll work on getting the list emails signed
17:18:01 <verm__> and this should fix our problem
17:18:24 <verm__> djmitche: crontab is disbled on mx, too until i get the changes in i'm going to wait until it's all done as 3 jails will have changes i'll have to disable it on lists as well
17:18:33 <djmitche> sounds good
17:18:47 <djmitche> I'm happy to help with the ansible
17:18:55 <tardyp> cool!
17:19:28 <tardyp> shall we move on? we are already late :)
17:19:31 <djmitche> ++
17:19:34 <verm__> great i'll send an overview to bsys for any tips
17:19:38 <verm__> heh yea let's move on
17:20:01 * rjarry moves on
17:20:52 <tardyp> #topic weekly summary
17:21:06 <tardyp> Two main topics are being worked on this week
17:21:39 <tardyp> first is the rework of the BRD, and how to fix its performance problems which leads to builder prioritization problems
17:21:56 <tardyp> rjarry is working on it with some ideas from p12tic and from myself
17:22:08 <bdbaddog> BRD ?
17:22:09 <tardyp> those are exiting discussions
17:22:11 <rjarry> actually, p12tic is working on it
17:22:15 <tardyp> build request distributor
17:22:24 <bdbaddog> gotcha
17:22:27 <tardyp> rjarry and you are hacking some stuff as well
17:22:49 <rjarry> true, but don't say that loud, people could hear you
17:23:11 <tardyp> p12tic is also working on latent worker and has a new interresting concept of suspendable worker https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/pull/4616
17:23:12 <rjarry> I am trying to find a temp fix for our internal setup
17:23:36 <rjarry> and I noticed that build scheduling itself is a sensible area
17:24:05 <rjarry> p12tic: did you have time to start working on BRD new generation ?
17:24:11 <tardyp> it is. that's why it cannot really be hacked without being punished hard
17:24:23 <rjarry> I learnt that the hard way
17:24:27 <rjarry> learned?
17:24:41 <p12tic> yes, but it's nowhere near finished
17:24:57 <p12tic> the suspendable worker work is maybe from a month ago
17:25:04 <tardyp> I guess that's it for the week review
17:25:25 <tardyp> p12tic: I have some comments to do on that, but lets talk about it on the PR
17:25:28 <rjarry> p12tic: if you have some time, I'd like to discuss BRD stuff after the meeting
17:25:44 <p12tic> ok, ok :)
17:26:03 <tardyp> then for the other two topics
17:26:07 <tardyp> #topic billing
17:26:13 <tardyp> no news from Brett :-(
17:26:19 <verm__> bummer :(
17:26:21 <tardyp> is this vacation period in the US?
17:26:24 <tardyp> or something
17:26:45 <bdbaddog> monday was presidents day and often school's spring break is this week.
17:26:59 <verm__> we had a holiday yesterday here in most provinces in canada and in the us it was presidents day
17:27:42 <tardyp> ok. so bdbaddog I guess it is my week turn to send an email
17:28:17 <verm__> no harm in asking for an update
17:28:31 <tardyp> right
17:28:41 <bdbaddog> indeed. Squeeky wheel.
17:28:48 <bdbaddog> Asking onece a week seems reasonable.
17:29:11 <tardyp> yes answering would be reasonable too x)
17:29:29 <tardyp> #topic gsoc
17:29:35 <rjarry> any updates ?
17:29:39 <tardyp> no news this week
17:31:02 <tardyp> march 5 is the final org + sub org decision
17:31:08 <tardyp> so lets wait  a bit more.
17:31:14 <tardyp> any other topic?
17:31:21 <tardyp> 1 min off schedule..
17:31:47 <verm__> not here
17:32:35 <tardyp> #endmeeting