17:00:16 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
17:00:16 <bb-supy> Meeting started Tue Mar  5 17:00:16 2019 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:00:16 <bb-supy> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
17:00:16 <bb-supy> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
17:00:24 <djmitche> #topic Introduction
17:00:28 <djmitche> http://bit.ly/2rup31x
17:00:30 <rjarry> hello
17:00:34 <djmitche> hello!!
17:00:38 <djmitche> who else is around to chat?
17:00:52 <rjarry> tardyp is attending to his toilet problems
17:01:00 <p12tic> hi
17:01:01 <rjarry> he'll be joining after
17:01:22 <djmitche> haha
17:01:25 <djmitche> ok
17:01:36 <djmitche> any chance you want to "guest host" the week-in-review?
17:01:40 <djmitche> #topic Week in Review
17:01:46 <rjarry> I can try :D
17:01:53 <rjarry> I was in vacation last week
17:02:08 <djmitche> there's an email that can help :)
17:02:12 <rjarry> however, I merged https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/pull/4620
17:02:42 <djmitche> #info merged change to use super() more broadly
17:02:43 <rjarry> which removes python2 "way" of calling base class methods
17:03:21 <rjarry> this obviously means we should be weary with reviews for a while to make sure everybody complies and actually use super()
17:04:16 <djmitche> is there a way to add a check for it?
17:04:26 <rjarry> I'm not sure
17:04:27 <djmitche> so CI would fail if it's reintroduced/
17:04:30 <djmitche> that would be hard, yearh
17:04:32 <djmitche> *yeah
17:04:34 <rjarry> maybe in pylint
17:04:44 <rjarry> we may have to implement a custom check
17:04:53 <djmitche> sounds fun :)
17:04:55 <djmitche> anything else this week?
17:05:10 <rjarry> I saw p12tic pushed something on locks
17:05:22 <rjarry> does this have anything to do with BRD rework?
17:05:26 <p12tic> yes
17:05:43 <p12tic> our lock handling has poor architecture internally
17:05:52 <djmitche> probably my fault :)
17:06:09 <p12tic> that needs fixing before the new BRD can work
17:06:21 <p12tic> not blaming, it handled the requirements very well :-)
17:06:34 <rjarry> p12tic: that's nice you can split changes in multiple rounds
17:06:57 <p12tic> yes, landing everything in one go would be impossible to review
17:07:08 <rjarry> so that https://github.com/buildbot/buildbot/pull/4626 is mostly optimization?
17:07:25 <p12tic> partially
17:07:38 <p12tic> i need a way to get remaining unclaimed 'slots'
17:07:39 <djmitche> #info preliminary PRs for BuildRequestDistributor improvements around optimization and refactoring of locks
17:07:53 <p12tic> optimization was side effect
17:08:06 <rjarry> ok
17:08:26 <rjarry> other than that, minor fixes
17:08:33 <djmitche> ok
17:08:45 <djmitche> #topic Mailing list posts flagged as spam
17:08:57 <djmitche> I *think* this is fixed just by fixing the reverse DNS
17:09:00 <djmitche> skelly: ^^ thoughts?
17:09:27 <cmouse> sender dmarc policy is a great alternative.
17:09:37 <cmouse> a common problem with mailing lists these days
17:10:11 <djmitche> there's work partially completed to add DKIM
17:10:52 <cmouse> the problem being that when dj@mitche.com sends mail with SPF + DMARC saying 'reject when fail', then the resent mail will fail dmarc :(
17:11:02 <cmouse> because it's no longer coming from mitche.com
17:11:35 <djmitche> ah
17:11:56 <djmitche> anyway, I think we'll leave this as-is for the moment -- no progress on DKIM
17:12:13 <djmitche> the DKIM support was hand-applied to the server
17:13:24 <djmitche> OK
17:13:28 <djmitche> #topic Billing for GCP
17:13:36 <djmitche> there was progress on this
17:13:42 <djmitche> but I believe still another step to complete
17:13:54 <djmitche> #topic GSoC
17:14:04 <djmitche> Google Summer of Code applications are open, and at Mozilla at least we're being swamped
17:14:22 <djmitche> are we getting interest in Buildbot?
17:15:45 <p12tic> not that I know of :-(
17:15:51 <djmitche> :(
17:15:56 <djmitche> #info no 'bites' yet
17:16:02 <djmitche> well, that's all I have status for
17:16:19 <djmitche> other topics to bring up?
17:21:14 <djmitche> ok!
17:21:16 <djmitche> #endmeeting