16:01:59 <djmitche> #startmeeting weekly
16:01:59 <bb-supy> Meeting started Tue Apr  9 16:01:59 2019 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is djmitche. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:01:59 <bb-supy> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:01:59 <bb-supy> The meeting name has been set to 'weekly'
16:02:01 * djmitche waves
16:02:07 <djmitche> #topic Introduction & Roll-Call
16:02:17 <djmitche> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SAiv3Tk3lACPFVaCNExTjeU7z7NKCKCfP9_2AZ5lpjE/edit#heading=h.fg3u3cat1da3
16:02:28 <tardyp> hello.
16:02:35 <djmitche> There's a 30-minute time limit, and everyone is free to speak
16:02:39 <djmitche> who else is around?
16:03:17 <djmitche> I see there was no meeting last week .. so should we do two weeks in review? :)
16:03:31 <djmitche> #topic Two Weeks In Review
16:03:58 <tardyp> So I released on sunday.
16:04:09 <tardyp> I did not make a announcement blog post yet
16:04:37 <djmitche> #info 2.2.0 released over the weekend (blog post not out yet)
16:04:41 <djmitche> highlights from that?
16:04:41 <tardyp> The interresting topic is p12tic work on latent workers, and Machine
16:05:14 <djmitche> what's Machine?
16:05:40 <tardyp> no big highligh in this release. lot of small features and a few bug fixes
16:05:53 <tardyp> a Machine, is something that can start several workers
16:06:19 <tardyp> like if you have a docker latent worker, you must first start a docker VM host
16:06:34 <djmitche> #info including improved support for latent workers and "Machines" which can start multiple workers
16:06:35 <tardyp> so it creates a hierarchy of latent thing
16:06:39 <djmitche> gotcha
16:06:54 <tardyp> you could also use that to start a full kube cluster
16:07:09 <tardyp> its quite exiting and promising concept
16:07:14 <djmitche> indeed, that's great
16:07:46 <tardyp> we got a video call yesterday with p12tic to discuss about it
16:08:00 <djmitche> ++
16:08:20 <djmitche> that's great, I ❤️ collaboration :)
16:08:52 <djmitche> any updates from HDF group?
16:08:55 <tardyp> yep. he is young and motivated.
16:09:23 <tardyp> bill and povilas did apply
16:09:35 <tardyp> but it looks they need a buildbot expert, and a infra expert
16:09:36 <djmitche> excellent
16:09:48 <djmitche> #info HDF request for consulting
16:09:52 <djmitche> #undo
16:09:52 <bb-supy> Removing item from minutes: <ircmeeting.items.Info object at 0x807072190>
16:09:56 <djmitche> #topic HDF request for consulting
16:10:04 <tardyp> all in one, so it looks like it didn't go too much
16:10:10 <tardyp> too far
16:10:28 <djmitche> ok
16:10:36 <djmitche> #topic Expert Twisted (book)
16:10:40 <djmitche> https://www.amazon.com/Expert-Twisted-Event-Driven-Asynchronous-Programming/dp/1484237412/ref=sr_1_1
16:10:46 <djmitche> it appears to be available!
16:10:52 <tardyp> o yes!
16:10:54 <tardyp> cool!
16:11:34 <tardyp> will we have samples?
16:11:48 <djmitche> I haven't heard a peep from the publishers, so I'm guessing not
16:11:51 <djmitche> I just bought a copy
16:12:27 <djmitche> #info Get your copies now! ;)
16:12:38 <djmitche> #topic GSoC
16:12:49 <djmitche> i see a note about signing up as mentors..
16:13:02 <tardyp> look like everybody has signed up as mentor.
16:13:13 <tardyp> except we don't have serious student to mentor
16:13:19 <djmitche> :(
16:13:25 <djmitche> so likely a miss this summer?
16:13:52 <tardyp> still, the macport ppl were more lucky, and we got a nice student working on macport's buildbot to be ported to nine
16:14:11 <tardyp> I will be co-mentoring that one to help on the buildbot expertise
16:14:17 <djmitche> awesome
16:14:23 <djmitche> #info may not have a student for BB this year
16:14:44 <djmitche> #info but tardyp will co-mentor with macports to upgrade buildbot to the newest version
16:14:47 <djmitche> (hopefully more than 0.9!)
16:15:03 <djmitche> #topic p12tic as a release manager / botherder
16:15:07 <djmitche> ^^ do tell..
16:15:08 <tardyp> yeah. also they want to make a custom dashboard in vue.js
16:15:30 <tardyp> so there is a bit of infra to contribute in the project so that angularjs is not mandatory for dashboards
16:15:36 <djmitche> huh, someone not using React, go figure!
16:15:48 <tardyp> they wanted react, I suggested vue
16:15:48 <djmitche> ah, interseting
16:16:43 <tardyp> so for  p12tic, he ask how he can help more on the project, and he asked if it made sense to apply for botherder
16:17:08 <tardyp> I think it can make sense even if this is not such a busy role
16:17:25 <djmitche> agreed
16:17:31 <djmitche> and release manager would take a bit off your shoulders
16:17:34 <tardyp> I also suggested he help on the release
16:18:00 <djmitche> I assume there are no employment conflicts with being botherder?
16:18:10 <tardyp> but I wanted to ask first, because that means giving him some creds on pypi, and trusting its gpg key
16:18:22 <tardyp> employment conflict?
16:18:40 <djmitche> the clause in our contract that says botherders don't all work for the same company
16:19:05 <djmitche> https://github.com/buildbot/botherders/blob/master/conservancy/fsa/buildbot-sponsorship-agreement.tex#L206
16:19:18 <tardyp> oh now. I am not even sure on his employment status.
16:19:25 <djmitche> ok
16:19:32 <djmitche> just something to check then :)
16:19:35 <tardyp> as he applied for HDF, I figured he was freelancer, but I actually didn't ask
16:20:01 <djmitche> I'd prefer to start with release manager, and add botherder later
16:20:27 <tardyp> fine by me.
16:20:38 <tardyp> next release will be from him :)
16:20:42 <djmitche> and I'm OK sharing creds for releases
16:20:43 <djmitche> 👍
16:20:48 <tardyp> I'll do it with him
16:20:53 <djmitche> awesome
16:21:02 <djmitche> I'll send a note to botherders just making everyone aware.
16:21:10 <djmitche> anything else to talk about?
16:21:16 <tardyp> he is on the plane right now, and couldn't attend the meeting.
16:21:21 <tardyp> nop
16:21:31 <djmitche> ok!
16:21:34 <djmitche> #endmeeting